[09x01] January 28th, 2007

I thought it was okay, the roadworks thing was good but there wasnt as much as usual in the show. This had to be because they HAD to talk about hammond, something they arent exactly used to but i'm sure it will pick up.

cant wait to see the reliant robin space shuttle.

and how many people were there in the studio !

Last edited:
Yes thats what i thought, that they were filmed on a wednesday. Still, looked a little different.

(i wont comment on the news of the world!)

Yes thats what i thought, that they were filmed on a wednesday. Still, looked a little different.

(i wont comment on the news of the world!)

the tabloids are usually accurate if you ignore stuff like "a source said" and "a friend said"

altohugh that doesn't include the daily star. That's just bullshit.

Thought it was a great episode, Richard to me he just looked knacked. Really enjoyed all the parts, especially the Big brother bashing, get that crap of the TV forever!!!

The crash was pretty bad, I'm glad Richard made them both promise to never mention it again, here's looking forward to the next ep.

I really enjoyed it!

The track looked wierd because of the trees... theyve never filmed in autumn on the track before?

I was happy just to see Diana again.

I think it was really good. The crash segment was, to be honest, quite moving. It really was a good way to deal with the issue, to promise not to mention the crash again. (Even though I think Jeremy is going to mention it every single week.)

ditto on don vito: can't remember that I had ever seen snow on the test track before...

good to have top gear back.
James hair - WTF

oh, and never mention Hammond's crash evah ;)

Great, great episode. Not the best ever, but definitely good and I'm so happy Top Gear is back. ^_^

I thought it was pretty good considering it wasn't actually a proper TG episode and more of a 'one off Hammond crash' episode.

Richard's entrance was funny, as was the roadworks segment. Jamie Oliver came across as a complete fool (anyone who takes Clarkson seriously is). The crash was handled quite well and with (relative) sincerity, which was refreshing.

However, I did feel that Clarkson's "speed kills" statement at the end was a bit off. It goes against everything he has ever said about health and safety and you could tell he was made to say it in order for the show to continue. Why is the Hammond crash an example for the reasons why people shouldn't speed? How many people drive around on the roads at 300mph+ in a jet powered dragster?

you could tell he was made to say it in order for the show to continue.

Really? I saw it as him being sarcastic and as a joke. It was a setup so they could cut to Hammond being alive.

Really? I saw it as him being sarcastic and as a joke. It was a setup so they could cut to Hammond being alive.
Yeah, you're probably right. At the time though, I just thought they showed Hammond as an afterthought and that Clarkson's comment was genuine because of the way he said it.

Good way to deal with it. Felt strange to see the crash. For some reason I initially found it disgusting to see the impact... however that went away quite quickly... Hamster needs a haircut and some new clothes. May needs a shower.

Jag-bit was very very nice. Great editing. Roadworks bit was average, but hilarious at times. Jamie Oliver is gullible. Crash was big.

Next week will be good.

Actually, I think Clarkson talked about his barley field somewhere before. Can't remember where though...