Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Discuss.

One of my favorite eps, hilarious.

*waits for americans to see it*

That was without doubt the best hour of TV i've ever watched!

I almost fouled myself with laughter when that cow fell off the car and broke its back.

I know they will get complaints from that, but it was already dead, i'm sure its not going to worry about a broken back

Bloody Alabama lot though, scum of the earth or what lol

And who wants to bet ?50 that the fat American Stig was fat Jason from the first series?

Great episode, funny and turned a hour into what seemed like 10mins. A little controversial towards the end. Can't see the American members of the forum are going to enjoy it perhaps as much as they should.

That was right up there with the winter olympics, only a hot version.

When the cow fell off the car and they were breaking James' air-con i was crying with laughter.

The Alabama bit was downright scary, you could tell Richard was worried about what was about to happen when the woman confronted him.

I was kind of sad they gave the cars away, after Jeremy said he'd rather be in that car than an Enzo, and you knew what he meant and understood it, i sort of wished they'd been able to bring them home, either to keep or to keep in the studio like the mini and the Hilux.

Overall spot on, i hurt quite a bit from laughing now.

at last... took your time :p

great show. just great.

hammonds pick up : man love rules ok! :lol:
clarksons: country and western is rubbish :lol:
mays: hillary for president :lol::lol:

man they didnt get a good welcome in alabama.... cant believe those dudes actually rolled up in the back of a pick up hahah

that grill hammond had put on his dodge was amazing.

fat stig, clearly had stolen hotel pillows under his race suit. the cow on the roof was solid fucking gold.

hurricane katrina OMG how can it still be like that?

oh and american beaters for the motherfucking win! so much better than an english beater, and they went 800miles without serious issue. lazy unstressed engines will go for absolutely ever.

OH MY GOD! that was THE most hillarious thing ive ever seen! i'm dying from laughing! although the new orleans bit at the end really was shocking and got me straight from laughing to near tears... such destruction.

glad to know wilman reads our comments!

edit: the comments they wrote for each other though... that mustve been the most stupid thing anyone ever came up with... that really was dangerous! come on! alabama? "man-love rules ok"? "hillary for pres"? wow! dangerous stuff man.

Last edited:
Completely agree, one of the best hours of television ever. Fantastic, heart warming, just wonderful.

The three of them really do seem to be very good friends. It was so funny my stomach was hurting at some points, at others I just had a brilliant, warm feeling inside.

More like that please.

No where near as bad as everyone perdicted and actually quite good in places. To me it seemed much more like the earlier episodes and not as scripted as the last 2 episodes. Alabhama is 'scary' and personally found it quite alarming that people can get riled up like that. The only thing that bugged me was the cow on the Camaro, other than that, it was a solid good episode and best of season so far.

It was good to see the bond between them and the cars which really gave it credibillity.

'james will walk in say hello and get shot'- JC

that line had me lmao

Last edited:
absolutely brilliant episode. much better than the pervious two of the series. hilarious all the way through....

god the deep south in america is slightly terrifying though!

I know what you mean, there was genuine emotion for those cars, and i understand the feeling. It's all part of the sense of friendship you get from something as small as a cruise to something like the Gumball rally, it's a great feeling! And the cars are part of that, great stuff!

Have to admit, it did get a bit controversial, and an American which is even not that easily offended might not like it, especially the closing line of the show! The Alabama bit was also a bit scary, even if it was a little unconvincing. I mean would May and Hammond really bothered jump starting the car, when they were about to be beaten up by rednecks? They would have surely just jumped in the pickup together or into the crew van?

I saw the majority of people were Billy Bob, didnt see the other 2 clearly enough because they 1/2'd the screen :(

SO FUNNY!!

I do agree. How will the Yanks react to this one? I'm sure something to do with 'States have different laws' will come up. But think, in the UK, and maybe most places in the world, we would just give them a sigh or if the worst comes to the worst, shout at them. But of course, the most powerful place on Earth decides to either throw rocks at everyone, or (the guys were lucky here) shoot them.

I love their TopGear Top Tip: Don't go to America.

And the fact that the Americans will sue anything; Jeremy threatened to be sued for giving an older car away than said. How self mannered must you be if you want exactly what you are told you will be given - for free? Fine, if it were said to be a Camaro and turned out to be a Camaro without wheels, or an engine, or doors etc, then maybe.

I truly think America is a great country; just look at the Grand Canyon. But unfortunately the large majority of Americans ruin it all. They just got lucky in where they were placed by nature.

A fantastic episode, haven't laughed so much for ages, one of the best Top Gears ever!
Even though there wasn't the usual segments to the show, it didn't get boring or repetative.
The part in Alabama was really scary but funny at the same time. It came together really well at the end and showed the true side to the presenters and just how much like a family the whole team seems to be.

I think there should be a full length film like this in every series.

Credit to all involved for this show. Keep it up guys.

Great episode, just like Top Gear should be when their cokcing about - not stupid and scripted but just right. Really very funny indeed with the cow falling off the car and breaking James' a/c. Carn't wait for next week too with the reliant shuttle.
Top Gear is back to it's best.