1,000,000 lines

I think you should try a little experiement. Get it printed on canvas, go take it to an art auction, see how much you get for it. I bet someone will buy it. Then after you just say, jokes on you fool, that took me 10 minutes and I didnt even buy a brush, or paint.

Not really. You need to be of some repute, then everyone will buy anything you conjure up at night.

Okay, I'll play. Here's mine done via like 5 lines of PHP (I included the nice verbose source code with inline documentation instead though). Took me about 15 minutes to write (and like 5-10 seconds to execute) but only because I couldn't remember the names of all of the image manipulation functions and so I to look up their names in the PHP documentation. :?

https://pic.armedcats.net/v/vi/viper007bond/2011/05/20/random-lines.png

Applauded!

Are you not aware of
Code:
 tags, or are you just making plagiarism more difficult? :D

Actually, I'll play that game too:

[IMG]http://i377.photobucket.com/albums/oo217/EatMoreAltoids/Screenshot2011-05-20at101612AM.png[/IMG]

It looks like 1,000,000 blue lines for me.

500 * 500 = 250,000

So no, there aren't 1,000,000 blue lines in that image. At beast you can have 250,000 1px blue lines. Now back to school with you1

Are you not aware of
Code:
 tags, or are you just making plagiarism more difficult? :D[/QUOTE]

I am, but I wanted syntax highlighting. :)

500 * 500 = 250,000

So no, there aren't 1,000,000 blue lines in that image. At beast you can have 250,000 1px blue lines. Now back to school with you1

With the same size image, you can only have 250,000 various colored lines also technically. This is 2-d in scope so overlay of lines isn't technically present.

500 * 500 = 250,000

Herp derp, overlap.

Herp derp, overlap.

Ah but if a computer creates 1,000,000 blue lines but you can't see them, are they really there? :p

Ah but if a computer creates 1,000,000 blue lines but you can't see them, are they really there? :p

Are we turning this into some religious debate :lol:.

Yes they exist, just like God, the spaghetti monster.

Are we turning this into some religious debate :lol:.

I like to think it's more philosophy. There could be infinite pink elephants under the blue lines for all we know. :D

500 * 500 = 250,000

No, in situation like this you can perceive one pixel as part of many different lines (vertical, horizontal and diagonal). Also line in geometry don't have length so you're talking about line segments. See, I was in school.

But most important it was sarcasm. :p

Last edited:
You guys and your dimensionally impaired perception of space... :cool:

Hmm, now I'm tempted to see if I can make that in 2D...

I thought I'd have a go too:
MillionLines.jpg

... but I got bored ... (roughly) .. half way through :p

PHP:
draw some lines with "paint":post it:feed the cat:get ready for dinner