'10 C-class - the mafia bus

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
Right, after a while of choosing and a few test drives (and a lot of recommendations from the forums here) I went and got myself a German estate, in a form of a W204 C-class. Almost new, only 10kkm on the clock, has been a dealership car for half a year. Less talk, more pictures:

DSC03647.JPG

DSC03646.JPG

DSC03648.JPG

DSC03649.JPG

The obligatory proof (made today, the pics above are a few days old now):

IMAG0024.jpg

I definitely like the car a lot. It's not exactly economical, but the engine has plenty of power to give, especially in higher revs (overtaking on the Autobahn). It's also quite comfortable, and my drumkit fits in the rear just fine :)

And now all my colleagues are sure I work for the Russian Mafia, because they always drive black Mercs. Oh well.

Grats on the purchase, glad that it isnt an over blinged merc, just the right amount of brightwork, as Mike says :p

The steering wheel is missing the Dual Shock Analog Sticks for perfect PlayStation feeling with all these buttons... but well, it's a Mercedes. Apart from the cockpit, they are nice cars. :D

And now all my colleagues are sure I work for the Russian Mafia, because they always drive black Mercs. Oh well.
Looks really good, congrats on the car. Speaking as a member of the aforementioned mafia, we do like our percussion :)

That one looks much better than the newer ones with the LED DRLs in my opinion. Very nice car, I love Merc estates :)

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

A question for the audience, though; it seems I need advice again :) Long story short, I've ended up with winter wheels on black steel rims. Yes, I know, alloys would have been a lot better, but throwing them away kind of isn't an option.

Now I need to get hubcaps, and the question is, what sort? The originals for the W204 do look rather dull (http://i.auto-bild.de/ir_img/69395208_3f6d0a51a0.jpg). And they are damn expensive if bought new. But with getting aftermarket ones, there is the problem: I want them to look OK, not boring but not over-the-top in any way, and there's little possibility to see how they look on the car before buying. Any ideas?

Or should I maybe ditch the idea altogether and just keep it on the steelies?

Last edited:
Who says you need hubcaps?

On the looks, Photoshop is your friend.

Last edited:
Satin black naked steelies on a new car = ossum^ossum. When getting hubcabs, OEM is the only way to go imho. I've worked at my dad's garage long enough to have seen lots of aftermarket hubcaps, and they all look like utter crap. Not a single exception. A possibility is to get some knock-off W203 hubcaps, they are slightly less boring imho, but nfc if they're available in the right size.

a2034000225.jpg

Ride on your steelies with PRIDE. Don't buy plastic crap to put on your wheels for no reason. Car looks nice, you made the right colour choice.

You would be adored, if not worshiped by Autoblog commentators.

Am I the only one who has no problem with a basic hubcap to hide ugly black steelies? It makes the car look like a beater....

Am I the only one who has no problem with a basic hubcap to hide ugly black steelies? It makes the car look like a beater....

depends on the car, mondeos and the like look fine with hubcaps, but some cars like the merc look good on steelies

my response stays the same :p