10 Damn-Near Perfect Cars - Wired.com

130px-LandRover.svg.png

:whistle:

Hence why I said "just about anything".

But even then, the Wrangler Rubicon is a step above any LR other than the Defender. I've seen stock rubicon's go places most wouldn't dare in a modified truck.

Hence why I said "just about anything".

But even then, the Wrangler Rubicon is a step above any LR other than the Defender. I've seen stock rubicon's go places most wouldn't dare in a modified truck.

Well yeah, but the Defender and Wrangler are in the same class. A stock Disco will beat a Grand Cherokee any day.

Depends who's driving :p

But you're probably right.

Well yeah. I'm pretty sure I could get any off roader stuck on an ant hill. :p

LOL you are completly wrong, there is a 2jz that me and my friend saw it had just over 1800hp running on gas it was black and had a massive turbo on it in auto salon it was so loud it made car alarms go off 50 meters away. This was in Melbourne and a rb26dett n1 is not an ordinary rb26dett you should do some research.

What does a 2J have to do with an RB motor I don't know... So you know for a fact that the 2J you saw was bone stock internals? That is the head wasn't built, the pistons and crank weren't swapped and rebalanced, it was not resleeved, compression wasn't lowered for extra boost, no stroking/boring was done. You don't know jack about motors if you think it was stock... You can have an 1800hp 2J it won't have any original parts on it tho....

So you read some Wikipedia and didn't pay any attention.
1) It was a racing engine, it wouldn't be under the hood of a production GT-R unless you put it there (motor is around $14,000 btw)
2) It said that it theoretically was able to produce 1,900hp. My wireless router can THEORETICALLY do 54Mbps full duplex, in reality it does half of that. Also this would be in full racing trim and I would say only for maybe a race or two. Physics is a bitch, this much air in such a tiny motor.... The only production engine the RB28Z2 with that block made ONLY 510HP and that motor had more displacement than the RB26DETT N1.

What does a 2J have to do with an RB motor I don't know... So you know for a fact that the 2J you saw was bone stock internals? That is the head wasn't built, the pistons and crank weren't swapped and rebalanced, it was not resleeved, compression wasn't lowered for extra boost, no stroking/boring was done. You don't know jack about motors if you think it was stock... You can have an 1800hp 2J it won't have any original parts on it tho....

So you read some Wikipedia and didn't pay any attention.
1) It was a racing engine, it wouldn't be under the hood of a production GT-R unless you put it there (motor is around $14,000 btw)
2) It said that it theoretically was able to produce 1,900hp. My wireless router can THEORETICALLY do 54Mbps full duplex, in reality it does half of that. Also this would be in full racing trim and I would say only for maybe a race or two. Physics is a bitch, this much air in such a tiny motor.... The only production engine the RB28Z2 with that block made ONLY 510HP and that motor had more displacement than the RB26DETT N1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qgf1iQILRs&feature=related

It has beaten its record to 1800hp now, this was 3 years ago, There is a Skyline that nissan or some tuning company made thats over 1800hp too and the Skyline can handle over 1000hp for over 300,000km easy.

It has beaten its own record and now it is 1800hp, that video was from 3 years ago, the strongest 6 cylinder in the southern hemisphere, you people obvioiusly dont know much about cars, the RB26DETT can handle over 1000hp more than 350,000km easy. The Land Cruiser and the nissan Patrol are way better off road than the jeep, I likve in Australia and everyone uses land cruisers and Patrols, if someone drives a Jeep they will get laughed at and the Land cruisers will have to tow the jeep when it gets stuck every 10 meters.

Depends who's driving :p

But you're probably right.

Well yeah. I'm pretty sure I could get any off roader stuck on an ant hill. :p

I know someone with a Disco V8 like yours Arga, mud tyres are the only modification and he can take it to places modified Defenders stuggle with, purely because he knows the terrain very well. No doubt some Defender owners get stuck in a puddle because they don't have a clue what the centre diff lock is.

It has beaten its own record and now it is 1800hp, that video was from 3 years ago, the strongest 6 cylinder in the southern hemisphere, you people obvioiusly dont know much about cars, the RB26DETT can handle over 1000hp more than 350,000km easy. The Land Cruiser and the nissan Patrol are way better off road than the jeep, I likve in Australia and everyone uses land cruisers and Patrols, if someone drives a Jeep they will get laughed at and the Land cruisers will have to tow the jeep when it gets stuck every 10 meters.
super_slav said:
nissan GTR's are way better cars, you cant get 1900hp out of the stock block in evos but you can with the RB26DETT N1 and they are more reliable.
It's clear that you are the one who doesn't know anything about motors.... That Supra is amazing and a 2J is an excellent motor but there is no way in hell that motor is running stock anything. For that amount of boost valve springs (probably valves too), pistons, probably crank shaft had to be changed, the head had to be ported and extruded at minimum if not a completely custom built head, the cams were changed and the block was likely resleeved.

For the RB to run 1000hp reliably the same things will have to be done, you cannot push the motor to over 3x stock power w/o doing serious work. That N1 motor was built for racing, they are strong but as all racing motors it wasn't made for huge reliability. Why do you think the Z tune GT-R runs "only" 510hp on that block despite having more displacement? Here is a hint, it's not because Nissan couldn't make it produce more.... A huge reason for such "low" power output is reliability, this is one of the reasons why so many cars are so easily tuneable, the cars are made for reliability, if the motor is running at 50% of what it can do it will last for a long time. No motor in the world runs at 25% of its capacity though....

What's with this Jap fanboy crap?

Either this guy is a ricing idiot who believes his own dillusions whithout having a clue what he is on about, as ricing idiots do, or he is a monumental troll.

Either way, next!

*sorry, I don't do subtle*

The Land Cruiser and the nissan Patrol are way better off road than the jeep, I likve in Australia and everyone uses land cruisers and Patrols, if someone drives a Jeep they will get laughed at and the Land cruisers will have to tow the jeep when it gets stuck every 10 meters.

You see more Nissans and Toyotas because Jeep is pretty much non existent outside of North America. The Wrangler is a capable offroad vehicle stock.

You see more Nissans and Toyotas because Jeep is pretty much non existent outside of North America. The Wrangler is a capable offroad vehicle stock.

W/e dude, the best off road vehicle stock is my Audi. I drove it on a dirt road once that means it can beat all your silly Jeeps and such.

On a more serious note how would they compare on reliability? I know Jeeps are pretty well built but given their Chrysler background... That might very well be the deciding factor here.

Last edited:
How did you know it was 1800hp? By the way my MG has 9000hp, true story bro.

I assume he's referring to a certain black GAS Motorsport built street Supra which has been dynoed at 1400hp at the rear wheels. GAS also has a Scion drag car with a 3.2 2JZ cranking 2200hp. As far as RB26s go, I know the Heat Treatments R32 GT-R drag car has been dynoed at 1800hp, retaining the 2.6l displacement. Not that any of this has any relevance to the list.

I think the list is pretty accurate for "something for everyone". Although I wonder why they picked the Accord instead of the Corolla? Is the Accord that popular in the US?

I assume he's referring to a certain black GAS Motorsport built street Supra which has been dynoed at 1400hp at the rear wheels. GAS also has a Scion drag car with a 3.2 2JZ cranking 2200hp. As far as RB26s go, I know the Heat Treatments R32 GT-R drag car has been dynoed at 1800hp, retaining the 2.6l displacement. Not that any of this has any relevance to the list.
You are right about the Supra it was a GAS Motorsport one. I believe the numbers and ability to pull 1800hp at out of an RB26 but the dude's claim was that it was done on stock block....

W/e dude, the best off road vehicle stock is my Audi. I drove it on a dirt road once that means it can beat all your silly Jeeps and such.

You have it wrong, a Ford Falcon is the ultimate off road err dirt road vehicle. :p

On a more serious note how would they compare on reliability? I know Jeeps are pretty well built but given their Chrysler background... That might very well be the deciding factor here.

As far as I know the real Jeeps are decently reliable (Liberty, Wrangler, Grand Cherokee). Jeep skimps on some parts, but that only affects off road prowess (for the same cost of making it off road capable you can buy a Discovery :p).

You are right about the Supra it was a GAS Motorsport one. I believe the numbers and ability to pull 1800hp at out of an RB26 but the dude's claim was that it was done on stock block....

800px-McLaren_MP4-4.JPG

Stock block y0!

Last edited:
Nyuh uh!

1984%20Honda%20Civic.jpg

I drove one of these in a plowed field! So it's best.

Last edited: