10 Reasons We're Doomed: SkyMall Edition

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
For those who don't know, Skymall is that mail order catalog of junk found in the back pockets of airline seats. This article features the 10 most ridiculous gifts showing that the human race is beyond saving (esp if ppl actually buy them) and should just fade away.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/skymall....easons-were-doomed-skymall-edition-326183.php

E-Z_Chord.jpg

8. E-Z Chord Kit - $42 As a guitarist I'm offended by this one: instead of sitting down and learning G, C and D, you attach a $42 apparatus to your guitar that plays the chords for you. Even if it is ridiculously easy, how many chicks do you think you'll score with a handicapable guitar that tells the world you're not smart enough to do what Toby Keith somehow figured out?

I think that article is great. I hate skymall and everything it stands for.

Your typical Skymall customers, artfully portrayed by actors David Spade, and Jamie Pressly.

jd_CT4171.jpg

:lmao: Skymall! Every time I flew I would always end up flipping through that at least 28 times and going, "Wow, I wish I had the money for a Lord of the Rings sword or a Mr. Clock Radio! Do they carry this stuff on the flight?! I want my De-Fib-ulator NOW, dammit!

My personal favorite, though, is the 14-foot inflatable iceberg...
aviva-inflatable-iceberg-1.jpg

And yes, I had to delve into the deepest horrors of the Skymall website to bring you these gems of modern capitalism. If I don't get a Nobel Peace Prize for this (or at least a few +1 reps)...I'm going to punch somebody's great-grandmother.

Last edited:
I personally want to become rich enough to talk obnoxiously on the flight then when everyone is softly talking or silently reading just scream out "Oh my god! A bug vacuum, you have to be fucking kidding me! I thought of that! I got to get that!" then grab the Airphone call up and order it. Just when people think that all good being on hold and shit I would scream at them saying I have another call on my other line and hang up.