10 sportscars for under 10k? : which would you pick?

Is there any way to make a Miata not look like you're out to the hairdressers to get a touchup on your blonde streaks everytime you are out in it?

http://img512.imageshack.**/img512/8743/rb209020miata.jpg

How about that one?

EDIT: Well alright:

http://img512.imageshack.**/img512/1635/165261991mazdamiatamx5x.jpg

This one looks like you're going back to the hospital to have them tighten the screws on the plate holding your forehead together.

Last edited:
http://img512.imageshack.**/img512/8743/rb209020miata.jpg

How about that one?

nope.....that's just for a colourblind guy going to the hairdresser.....

3164477073_c751cdf354_b.jpg

And I forgot about the FrankenMiata.

3164477073_c751cdf354_b.jpg

And I forgot about the FrankenMiata.

you know thats almost daft enough to be cool...........I cant believe i just said that.

*I'm gonna go take a shower*

Is there any way to make a Miata not look like you're out to the hairdressers to get a touchup on your blonde streaks everytime you are out in it?

You have to install an anti-gay bar :p

If you have blonde streaks, a Miata is the least of your problems. ;)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzDQs9USDjo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

I think it's kind of sad the miata has that rep it does. :(

Yeah, makes me a bit irritated as well. There's only so many times cocks in BMWs smirk at you condescendingly...:(

:lol:

(sighs at anon neg rep). No, not every BMW driver does this.

Last edited:
Yeah, makes me a bit irritated as well. There's only so many times cocks in BMWs smirk at you condescendingly...:(

actually, they're not smirking at you condescendingly, what's really going on is that they think they're smiling at a hot chick. :lol:

actually, they're not smirking at you condescendingly, what's really going on is that they think they're smiling at a hot chick. :lol:

:neutral::wall:

:p

Yes there is. :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16y5rxRR-jU[/YOUTUBE]

In the past year or so I've really started to enjoy picking on BMW guy. Even some of my more quick witted bmw owning friends have been shut down.

It started with my dad getting an M3 convertible. So I'd see his car coming down the road and go to wave and every time it was one old lady or another. I started taking note.... BMW = woman's car. Especially the 3 series. It's becoming undeniable.

Your section of the world may be different just like it is for the miata.

I have a suggestion for all the guys thinking about an mx-5.... Get an MR2. ?? or spend just a bit more money and get a Boxster.

I think I can sense the tide turning for the MX-5, it might shake it's current lable. It hasn't yet though.

Doesn't help that it took two years for me to figure out if the person in the miata I always saw in the school lane, dropping off their child, was a man or a woman. I went back and forth several times before going with man.

Damn that looks good in silver with those rims.

Wankel conversion? :D

It seems like the obvious thing, to put a wankel in the miata, but I don't think I've ever heard of someone doing that.

The miata/mx-5 seems like the perfect platform to start some crazy Frankenstein experiment. Where's the miata with a small block?

I have a suggestion for all the guys thinking about an mx-5.... Get an MR2. ?? or spend just a bit more money and get a Boxster.
Or just stop worrying about what others think about your car? The MX-5 is such a phenomenal car both on the road and out on the track. If you want one, it would be a real shame to let silly image issues stop you from getting one. I'd take an MX-5 over a base Boxster any day of the week and the price jump to the Boxster S is quite dramatic over the price of a well-sorted MX-5 and even then I'm not sure you're getting much more fun with the Porsche. Sure, the limits are higher but they're both quite balanced.

Or just stop worrying about what others think about your car? The MX-5 is such a phenomenal car both on the road and out on the track. If you want one, it would be a real shame to let silly image issues stop you from getting one. I'd take an MX-5 over a base Boxster any day of the week and the price jump to the Boxster S is quite dramatic over the price of a well-sorted MX-5 and even then I'm not sure you're getting much more fun with the Porsche. Sure, the limits are higher but they're both quite balanced.

Definitely. :+1: for that.

The only people that really care are the ones who are extremely insecure.

Quite true, but that doesn't help the irritation caused by people smirking/staring. Although I don't find it terminally annoying (or "threatening to my masculinity :eek:").

It seems like the obvious thing, to put a wankel in the miata, but I don't think I've ever heard of someone doing that.

The miata/mx-5 seems like the perfect platform to start some crazy Frankenstein experiment. Where's the miata with a small block?

Dunno about a small-block, but I have heard of a Wankel conversion somewhere. Miatas being so popular and the rotary swap being so obvious, someone's almost certainly done it.