Ownership Verified: 1000lbs. Lighter! 1987 Mercury Colony Park

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Tried to tackle the drums last weekend since the previous owner was so kind in giving me shoes.

It doesn't look bad at all but they're super shiny which seems weird...

Great, the wheel cylinder looks damp...

Wait a second....

Well shit... It would seem that I've got the 11" brakes on the rear. Drums, shoes, cylinders are on order now.

This is where we're at now...

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Don't forget to get a hardware and spring kit for it - it's cheap and you don't have to clean up cruddy old hardware.

Nabster

Has Slutty Mustangs
DONOR
Car(s)
1969 Mustang Coupe, 2019 Mustang GT, 2011 F150
Don't forget to get a hardware and spring kit for it - it's cheap and you don't have to clean up cruddy old hardware.
Seconded, but if my old Mustang is anything to go by he'll still have to clean and reuse a few parts even with the hardware kits.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
Seconded, but if my old Mustang is anything to go by he'll still have to clean and reuse a few parts even with the hardware kits.
Oh I’ve got that too. The shoes, drums, and wheel cylinders are what we’re needed to be ordered. Closest shop was an hour away but there’s no highway to get to that town. Rather than get annoyed with suburban driving, I decided to just have them deliver to the store that’s only a mile away.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
Well, all parts came in that means we can commence work, yes?

uh oh....

My favorite part about projects, having to stop because something's gone wrong we didn't prepare for. Brake lines came apart easy, didn't. Able to replace the brake line with a new line from the store, can't. It turns out for whatever reason, the thread size is different on the wheel cylinder side from the Y splitter thats perched on top of the diff so that means I get to lay on my back while blindly loosening up things. Like a blind man in an orgy, I was feeling my way through.

Thanks to nearly bank hours for auto parts stores I can't just pop over and get what I need right now.

At least I had a working stereo for me tunes in the garage.

Sometimes I think I should stick to electrical things...