[10x01] September 25th, 2006

What happend 5th gear used to be a decent show and it had a lot of info and jason and Tiff battleing it out in cars, this last show was utter junk. It was very boing and the new host does not fit at all, booo.

sorry missed it, will re-rec asap!

:shock: :oops:

Crap episode!!

Why not make John Bently and Tiff the main program hosts? They are after all the best there is on Fifth Gear right now.

I really didn't like this new LoveBoy.. eeehhmm sorry... LoveJoy! :p

To every single person saying that Plato was axe'd.... he most liekly WAS NOT axed.

He is currently racing in BTCC (British Touring Cars) in a SEAT and is currently dominating the championship. I sincerely doubt he has the time to do any sort of segment for Fifth Gear.

For the last time he was NOT axed. Merely schedule differences.

If I read a post after this saying 'oh blah blah blah why did they axe Plato' i will personally gorge a hole in your abdomen and eat your spleen.

Anthony said:
At what point did the producers say 'Let's get someone who knows fuck all about cars, but 'loves' them'.

Worse...he says "I love cars...I like them."

He ended with "I like them."

...ass...

I they kept talking about Tom's blue hair, and then mentioned his hair after the segment, but it didn't look blue to me...just looked wet. Sucky segment...I normally love Tom's stuff...when it's about real cars. I'm tired of his hanging-out-in-parking-lots-and-tokyo-gas-stations shit. Where's the Tom that slides across the 6-series hood to give it a big hug? Where's the Tom who loves his Billy-Goat-of-a-Panda? Even the Maybach segment was watchable because of him.

Viper007Bond said:
Was nice of them to mention Hammond though in the credits. :) (I bet they filmed the cafe bit before he was hurt.)

Yeah...that was classy.

I think they are in the cafe because they shopped around the new shows to advertisers to get some money, noone would pony-up anything for shit crap-tastic evolution of the show, and therefore couldn't afford the lease on the "studio" and the cafe was the only place to not kick them out for not buying food.

xvf22 said:
Oh and I can't stand how VBH is trying so painfully to be enthusiastic, the whole damn show seems like a fake sitcom. The lack of chemistry and any sincerity is horrible.

Brilliant!! Absolutely correct! And a BAD sit-com at that...Fifth Gear is to Top Gear as the American version of Coupling was to the UK version.

Truely truely aweful shit.

After last season I deleted all the old episodes from my computer, and I'll give 'em one more try before I stop downloding it at all...

aurora said:
Thank god I don't live in Britain, I'd be pissed off if I actually paid money for that show.

Actually, if Inunderstand correctly, this isn't a show funded by the public TV license, like the BBC is, and that this is a normal cable station...so I suppose you paid your cable subscription for it, but not like how I think you mean...if I'm correct...which I may be horribly wrong. :p

~nj?

P.S. Holy crap that was a painful episode...

d94pam said:
Why not make John Bently and Tiff the main program hosts? They are after all the best there is on Fifth Gear right now.
Very simple, neither of them have boobs. I saw one vicky clip posted on my local car board and the guys were nuts for her. The idea of the girl who could drive was simply too much for them. :lol:

So Vicky has to be on, but they should put Tom with her. Tom didn't have a good bit in this show, but he managed to still make it fun. And I really liked John's piece, mostly cause I'm a computer geek, but also cause he's getting better.

NecroJoe said:
Anthony said:
aurora said:
Thank god I don't live in Britain, I'd be pissed off if I actually paid money for that show.

Actually, if Inunderstand correctly, this isn't a show funded by the public TV license, like the BBC is, and that this is a normal cable station...so I suppose you paid your cable subscription for it, but not like how I think you mean...if I'm correct...which I may be horribly wrong. :p

Well, you're half-way there... 5th Gear is shown on channel 5, which is a commercial station, i.e., its paid for by adverts (commercials), which means nothing you pay for in your TV license goes to them (just to the BBC). However, it is NOT a cable channel, it is on normal, over-the-airwaves TV which you receive with a normal aerial.
Haven't seen the show yet, but I am really getting worried that it is really as crap as everyone is saying... even Tom Ford seems to have lost the plot!
BTW, Jason Plato is doing well in BTCC; but he is NOT dominating (second place in the championship and, as he himself admits, probably out of contention for actually winning it, that prize will probably go to Matt Neal driving a Honda Integra for Halfords Racing Team).

This thread is hilarious. I mean, not one disagreement in this entire thread. :lol:

That was definately a powerful suckbag of an episode. WOW, MAN. I even liked the R/C car bit and the self-drive VW was cool but the other 80% of the show was entirely worthless. This new Tim Loveknob guy has to go. No car knowledge and the on screen personality of a plastic bucket. WTF were they thinking?! AL GORE!?!?!? BAH HUMBUG!!!

I fear that watching 5th Gear as a cure for missing Top Gear has become about as useful as licking roadsigns to cure cancer. :thumbsdown:

NAIDANAC A said:
so r there anymore fg fans out there?

They are starting to loose one. I'm 26 minutes into it...and...guess what??

It blows.

Get rid of Tim Lovefuck in a car show. Get rid of politicians unless they are driving around a track ;). Seriously, why was Al Gore promoting his piece of shit movie on a car show?? How big of a dumbass producer do you have to be??

As for Vicky? Why the hell did they dumb her down? She is much much smarter than that. I want the old Vicky back. Where she talked about cars like every petrolhead, getting grity with cars. Bring back the orignal VBH. Bring back Plato.

The automatic Golf was awesome though. Amazing what technology does.

As far as the studio!? What the fuck were they thinking. Go back into the office.

I think it is time for Tom Ford and Tiff to join up with Top Gear (the show). Absolutely ridiculous. The changes are crap. Season 9 was good.

I agree that episode was crap. They must have gotten thrown out of their studio or had their budget cut.

Ya, this was dull...the new "studio" is bad, as is the the new Lovejoy host...I atcually liked FG last eason...it still was no TG, but at least it held its own, and wasnt boring.

Viki and Lovejoy have no chemistry...I'll DL one more, and if it sucks as well, thats it.

BTW Didnt TG race a plane around a track already? Real original

Only good part was Jason Plato's segment.

Honestly, I would rather have watched an American car show.

It was that bad. I don't think I've ever fast fowarded through 3 show segments before (Fat Gore, Crush teh Car, and Aygo DJ all sucked) :yucky:

Biggest waste of my time since GNFOS. But the Golf/EVO9 segments were actually very good. I was very impressed with that self-driving system :shock: