[10x03] October 28th, 2007

Most worthwhile Topgear of this season!

I remember having looked up to see the time 16 minutes in and being staggered by the fact that i hadn't gone much past 1/4 of the program yet.

Truly hope they can keep this up, wonderful wonderful work!

If i had to nit-pick i would have asked that they would have included a few more reasons detailing why Jezza so loves the old 275 Ferrari, what exactly was it that makes it so soulful (besides the styling obviously) but whatever, it was still great without all that

I'm going to have an aneurism....because i'm on Comcast!!!! AAARGGGHHHH... and it may take another week of downloading before i get to see this episode that you all are going crazy about...

ARARRRRGGGHHHH!

(google for "Comcast blocks torrent" if you are lost)

but why i'm posting...

major major kudos to the team that got the helmet to hampster... that may be the coolest thing ever. I hope that he gets a ton of British fan emails asking "wtf" so he will have to explain it on the show someday.

Andy, you twit!
Show yourself and take credit for this epic episode.
My god what a quality item this show is. Simply incredible.

This episode was the best hour of TV since the last best hour of TV Top Gear did! What few flaws there were in this 3600 second masterpiece caused the brilliance of the rest to shine all the brighter, and the last 5 minutes was some of the most exciting television I have ever watched. It was absolute perfection.

I am truly jealous of every single member of the Top Gear team. I would quit my job, sell my house and cars, and cash my pension just to shoot production stills for a single season, and I would be absolutely certain that I would get the better part of the bargain! The passion they have for this "pokey little motoring show on BBC2" and the unyielding pursuit of excellence is nothing less than awe inspiring.

I can't believe no one's mentioned the Top Gear filming crew capturing the rabbit running across the track right before the drag race. Then there's the cut shot of the rabbit watching intently before it starts. :D

I agree with what everybody has enthused about this episode, but even small moments like that or the work they put in framing shots that just last seconds, really come across and make the episodes stand out for their quality. It was a great 1 hour of television.

That has to be the best episode of top gear ever. As a professional photographer who sits on the edge of his seat waiting for this to download every time I have to say the people who work for this show really are top of the game.

Every time I watch Top Gear, I'm always dumbfounded as to how they can keep raising the bar again and again for each episode, and I somewhat worry that Jeremy and Co. will eventually burn themselves out and decide to call it quits. This episode showcases the staggering amount of effort and creativity that these guys put forth. Not even a blockbuster movie can replace a Top Gear episode. Awesome, absolutely brilliant.

I reckon an F1 car would have beaten the Jet. And that girl in green standing beside the fighter pilot... :shock2:

Wow...what can I say? Everyone already covered it. Definitely one of the best episodes of Top Gear ever, just like the old days!

Great ep, very packed. :) The RR Phantom Drophead looks good. But they really should've done a headtop version, all the soft convertibles don't looks too good with the fabric top up.

The Peel P50 is so cool, I bet if they updated the engine to an electric motor or a modern go-cart motor it would be the perfect city car. Since it's only 3 wheeled it can just be registered as a motorcycle, so they can probably avoid a few crash standards there.

To be honest, I was a little bit dissapointed that they didn't take the Veyron to their test track. But for what it was, the plane vs Veyron was still good, pretty cool to watch.

I have to agree with most of the posts above, this ep feels like the "old" TG, I really like that.

This episode is absolutely magnificent.

The Veyron race is very beautifully shot, and to be honest it was a thousand times better than I originally expected.

In the 599 review, I also completely agree with what Jeremy's saying that the interior ambient lighting is like a battlefield. Its some ghastly green, by the way.

The cinematography and the choice of soundtrack from Top Gear just blows me away each and every time.

I would definitely not go as far as some of you to say this was one of the best episodes ever.

It was certainly the best of this series, however.

Nice work, Wilman & Co.
Now keep it up. :cheers:

Huge-grin moments:
-Any time the Peel was rocking about
-The Rolls-Royce appearing on the deck of the carrier
-Any closeup of the Veyron or Eurofighter
-Probably loads more

Drool moments:
-The Reventon's fighter instruments
-The appearence of the Second Veyron
-The entire freakin' race
-Fiona Bruce, hubba hubba

Grin- and drool-inspiring? Yup, Top Gear is hella back!

Awesome episode, I believe everything good about it has already been mentioned.

Great episode. Nice to see a return back to more car related segments. I especially liked James' RollsRoyce review. They actually took the car into some interesting areas for the segment. The aircraft carrier. The country. The darker sides of the city. And the music during the segment, that eirrie low tune playing in the background during the later half of the segment, fit the mood very well. 4/5

I'm surprised the 599 was so fast around the track. It came very close to the SLR McLaren. But like Jeremy said, the 599 is a computer on wheels, so it's not surprise it could pull off some amazing figures.

The Peel segment was awesome too. Watching Jeremy drive that thing around town was hilarious.

Absolutely fantastic episode.

The Peel bit had me laughing so hard I literally fell off the sofa.

Fantastic job Team Top Gear. Excellent episode, and great knee-slapping kudos to all involved.

Does anyone have the video of Jeremy driving around in the P50 on youtube or something.

Thanks

Fantastic episode, but I think the studio was WAY overcrowded (but there were some nice chicks there :wicked:.) Jeremy still repeats some of the stuff he said before, James should be included in the news more (not just there to be made fun of like previously stated), and when was the last time we saw a new road test of a regular car than anyone can buy? Pretty long ago; they should do more of those (two super car tests in the last two episodes is pretty boring.)

No. "Old Top Gear" is not quite fully back, but they're getting close. They should greatly reduce the size of people in the studio (I think 1/5th of the people that were there should be good), get their Vauxhall Senator furniture and proper TV's back, and MAKE A NEW COOL WALL INSTEAD OF KEEPING THE BURNT OLD ONE!!!!!!!! (They can still add all the cars they put on before because don't they have a detailed list on their website?)

Still, it was an awesome episode and I'm looking forward to the African Special next week. :D

That was Epic T.V. just Epic.

And that fighter jet's pilot, definition of a **** with that grin. Think your Lamborghini gave you bragging rights? Think again!