[10x05] November 11th, 2007

Favorite Stig introduction, ever.

Favorite Stig introduction, ever.

This season has been wonderful and this show was no exception. Simon Cowell was as fast as he is pompous, a really interesting well filmed race across London, a car that will kill you on a roundabout, a decent car review and a race against a German skater with a jet strapped to his ass, news of a fan boy crashing his car on the worlds best road, a poppy that appears and reappears. Good solid production, entertaining, interesting, funny, creative, and a touch of self deprecating humor just to let us know they aren't taking themselves all that serious! I really like the relaxed tone this season.

Favorite Stig introduction, ever. Some say that to unlock him you have to run your finger down his face ... like that; and that if he was getting divorced from Paul McCartney he would keep his stupid whining mouth shut. All we know is he is called the Stig!

Sundays are my favorite day of the week when Top Gear is on.

Last edited:
That was a great episodes, one of the best. It's pretty amazing how they managed to squeeze so much into 1 Hour, when you think back with their How hard can it be challenges, they needed almost an hour to present it. Now they could fit a random race challenge, some random stuff and a car review... this is almost as good as the DB9 vs. Train challenge IMO.

Very good episode, was nice to see Top Geat Dog once again (behind RH, presenting his bike).
If you mean this doggy here:

2003111144136180649_rs.jpg

then I really don't think it's TG. Zooming in as best I can, it looks more like a golden retriever.

2003176230054432153_rs.jpg

2003147786365127760_rs.jpg

I would like to be wrong, though. I like Top Gear Dog. :)

Best... Ringtone.... Ever....

Took me while to figure out it was Coronation Street but it automatically made me think of my grandma.

That, and the camera pointing at the back of James' head were the funniest bits.

Awesome episode, loved it!

Aston review was simple and basic, Cowell was purely entertaining, Caparo was good fun and the race was just out of this world (especially Hammond swearing becuase of the buses)

The Caparo Absolutely destroyed the Lap Record. It beat the Ultima GTR by more than 2 seconds! Good thing Clarkson decided to get rid of it from the board since no car is ever going to close to that time for a long time imo.

How is that a good thing?

The fact is the Caparo T1 is THE most under-rated supercar. It is even more pure and distilled than any other car on the lap board right now, with the exception of a few others. But yes, not other traditional road supercar will even come close to the Caparo's time.

Yeah, i know that Caparo is road legal, but no1 could ever even drive it 100m from their house, because of all the bumps, crappy tormac and/or technical problems, so it's a racing car.

It's not a racing car. Many supercars have very low ride height and are prone to breakdowns all the time. The Caparo T1 is no different than other supercars...albeit its ground clearance is a whopping one inch lower than the Enzo/CCX.

And the T1 i thought it would be quick but not that quick. That was only 2s of the DBR9 lemans race cars.

ONLY 2 seconds off of the DBR9?

Yeah....the Caparo T1 is not that fast because it ONLY beat the current record holder by SEVEN SECONDS.....lol

Great episode. Caparo T1 is really Junk - It broke 3 times while 1 filming day IMO. + You cant use it on city rods.. waste of money.. IMO.

This can be said of many other supercars....who are prone to reliability problems and honestly cannnot be used on a daily basis.

I'm surprised that not more people are amazed at what the Caparo T1 achieved. well, I guess reliability and ground clearance trumps pure performance and speed....lol

I drove an identical GL (except it was black) in Germany... nice car, but it was big for some of those tiny German streets.

They are doing awesome on every episode this year.

Watched the Africa episode again this week and it was superb the second time.

Hats off to everyone involved in the show!

excellent episode, simply excellent. Only problem I had was Hammond's review of the Aston which I felt fell flat on its face, but luckily there was another 50 minutes that more than made up for it.

Kudos top gear, the show is BACK with a force.

The Caparo Absolutely destroyed the Lap Record. It beat the Ultima GTR by more than 2 seconds! Good thing Clarkson decided to get rid of it from the board since no car is ever going to close to that time for a long time imo.

Renault 2006 F1 car holds the record - 59 seconds in the wet. It was removed for the same reason the Caparo went.

The fact is the Caparo T1 is THE most under-rated supercar.
It's a hypercar.

It is even more pure and distilled than any other car on the lap board right now, with the exception of a few others.
"It's different from all the others except the ones its' not different from"?!?!

It's not a racing car. Many supercars have very low ride height and are prone to breakdowns all the time. The Caparo T1 is no different than other supercars...albeit its ground clearance is a whopping one inch lower than the Enzo/CCX.
"It's no different except that it's different"?!?

And weren't you just saying it IS different from all the others in the same post? (except the ones its' not, obviously)

I'm surprised that not more people are amazed at what the Caparo T1 achieved. well, I guess reliability and ground clearance trumps pure performance and speed....lol
Well, a reasonable expectation of the throttle not sticking open and throwing you at full speed into a wall, along with a reasonable expectation of it not bursting into a ball of flame and giving you serious burns both help every time.

Last edited:
What a fantastic episode!!! Much more exciting than the African special if I do say so myself.

The Stig was fantastic and had me rolling on the floor with laughter with him on public transport, and especially when he threw down Lewis' newspaper.

Excellent episode! :mrgreen:

Koenigsegg breakdown a lot too, 90% of the hypercar are not reliable so it's not a surprise that the Caparo wich is still in dev i think, breakdown, they were able to fix it on set it seems so it's not that bad

I loved the race around London, really fun, entertaining and wow i dont want to bike in london, the "bike lane" are a joke it's awfull poor hammond, but good job (and he didnt even look really tired) i didnt know you had to pay that much for the congestion charge, it's a little big i think and it doesnt seem to help anw

The AM/JetMan, didnt really liked it but it was short

Cowell, what an ass, i was hoping for Gordon to stay first the all itw, i really didnt like him, overpayed moron, too bad he didnt stay in bankruptcy

Greetings from the USA!! Could someone tell me about pins that the guys were wearing?

http://img206.imageshack.**/img206/5634/topgearpinna1.jpg

100% Pure Gold.

-Caparo was just primeval really. Just an astonishing car.

-Aston Vs Man was more interesting than I thought it was going to be.

-Race across London was probably more epic than any other race. I <3 the Stig.

Great episode. 9/10 for sure.

Great episode... what more can I say? :D

I haven't read/seen a single review where the T1 hasn't broken/stopped/caught fire... not one. Caparo started selling the T1 back in July, so I doubt the car Clarkson drove was a prototype. It's amazing unreliable. Also, that 1053bhp/ton power to weight ratio is misleading. That ratio is just an estimate based on the car's dry weight, i.e. without fluids, passenger(s), baggage, etc. The T1 is an amazing track car, but don't claim it's good on the road... unless you'd enjoy driving a roofless, noisy, high revving, hot, cramped, unreliable car with stiff suspension and no ground clearance day after day.

Greetings from the USA!! Could someone tell me about pins that the guys were wearing?
It's for Remembrance Sunday; Veterans Day here in the US. :)

Last edited:
I was hoping this would be a top-notch episode, and it certainly was.

Everyone here already mentioned most of the best parts of the epi, but my favorite part and the one that had me laughing for a bit was Stig staring at the escalator and then turning back. :lol:

Hell, even I liked this episode! :lol:

Hammond racing the man on rollerskates was handled well, I thought. Usually those types of segments wear thin for me within about thirty seconds and I end up skipping them but I ended up watching this one. I think it's coz I don't usually care enough about the outcome to sit through 8 minutes of what I consider to be fairly juvenile rubbish. But with this one they just got in there, introduced the guy with the thingy, quickly did the race and that was that. Tho I still hate that Aston with a passion and think it's a rubbish car...

The news was funny and they actually seem to be picking on James a bit less and he seems to be enjoying himself more! Hooray! Shits me that they tell us about that little Mitsubishi months after everyone else already has and then be actin' like we don't know anything about it and it's all new. Glad they didn't road test it tho! Man that would have sucked. They must have watched Fifth Gear and realised it's a boring car.

I really liked the Caparo review. That was the first good, proper Clarkson review in ages and ages. I loved the whole 'Team America' bit. That was gold. Especially when he had to actually do it a few times! What a fucking rubbish joke of a piece of pointless shit of a car that thing is.:lol:

I gave the 'Star' segment a chance this week (i've just been skipping it recently) because Simon Cowel was pretty good the last time. I wasn't exactly disappointed but if I had have skipped it I don't think I really would have missed anything. It was OK I guess but I still think that segment is dead weight 90% of the time these days.

The challenge was pretty entertaining but too much of it was boring. Half of Jeremy's time was just him desperately trying to make jokes and wisecracks to fill the dead air that was him floating along at 9mph. He did really well to fill that time but still. Ditto James who didn't really say or do very much at all the whole time and Hammond who just sweat and swore. By the end of that segment I was starting to get bored with it all but thankfully by that time it was the end so I never actually did lose interest totally. I laughed when they introduced the G-Class - I was expecting something funny but that was hilarious!

I liked it for what it was but I still think this show was better back in the days when it was good.