[10x05] November 11th, 2007

just managed to calm myself down with laughter top gear at their best
stig in general pure comedy gold in london
hammond and little oliver opel coming to uk. brilliant
clarkson and cowell battle of the bigheads and may in the mercm fantastic
Let the awards keep coming

Sometimes JC's subtle sense of humor is just incredible: "What will happen to the STIG on public transport? Maybe he will be mistaken for a Brazilian electrician!".
Other than that, my respect to Richard, the man of steel- how incredible was that?
Simon Cowell is so rich he cannot remember what that new Audi was called, that he instructed his PA to purchase for him. He's such an annoying little man!
I was actually feeling a bit up tight when JC was driving the T1- as all the wind noise and the bad mic quality combined with JC's the high pitched voice of excitement somehow reminded me a bit of the last seconds before Hammond crashed. The fire crews and ambulance army was hilarious though :lol:

It'd be fun to see Clarkson on the docks, waiting on Oliver...I'd guess he'd bring one of his automatic rifles.

is there anything faster than T1 and street legal? even if it didnt get on the board... compare that to Ultima GTR now, 2sec quicker and much better looking

"If it all goes wrong, I'll use the Team America secret signal"

Richard,

First rule of cycling: Traffic lights are there to conduct the flow of traffic. Bicycles aren't traffic, they are ehm bicycles And therefor exempt from stopping at the lights! Makes life better for all of us 8)

Not in this country mate. Cyclists have to obey traffic lights here.

Excellent episode - Hammond's shouting and swearing at the buses was sheer class :) I had a feeling he would win it - though I was suprised at the Stig - that's not a bad journey by public transport.

And as for the Aston............wow.

But Simon Cowell - who needs him. Get someone good on to knock him off the top, guys

I quite liked it. Best bit was the London race.... Jeremy got the most style points for sure :p

Pretty nice one...
Jezza traveling in style as always... May being the slowest... Hammond cursing like a Pirate...
We've got a damn good season, I reckon!!!

But Simon Cowell - who needs him. Get someone good on to knock him off the top, guys

kitchen.jpg

Ellen McArthur - your country needs you!

Originally Posted by quo vadis
First rule of cycling: Traffic lights are there to conduct the flow of traffic. Bicycles aren't traffic, they are ehm bicycles And therefor exempt from stopping at the lights! Makes life better for all of us

Not in this country mate. Cyclists have to obey traffic lights here.

Over here Police seem to think likewise: You just have to convince them they're wrong :mrgreen:

Loved this episode. I was sure the car would be last, and though the boat would win. I prefere the bike, is so much faster in trafic, it can easily reach 20 mph.

I felt that this episode had a slightly different tone to previous episodes - good material but not the earth shattering delight that episode 3 was. The star in a reasonably priced car was a triumph however, a duel of egos :D The race was also enjoyable, but didn't really retain the epicness that previous races of the same nature conveyed, but having said that it was deliberately more low key by being based squarely in London. The Stig scenes were hilarious, but I would have expected more public reactions.

Another brilliant episode! 8)

A nice reply to the Ultima who "bashed" the TG track record, there is a faster "street legal" car (read: "track car") than the GTR. :p But too bad you can't really use it anywhere else. You could use an Enzo in real life, but not that.

Races against the rollerbade man and through London were great also. Even Simon Cowell segment was fun to watch.