[10x05] November 11th, 2007

Fabulous - it reached perfection in a number of places. Hammond swearing at the buses was great. Stig at the top of the escalator was class. May's sense of direction was honed to perfection. He's got that slightly mystified look - eyes glazing a little and peering at odd angles into middle distance - down to a fine art.

Hugely amusing. The Stig bit with the newspaper was hilarious.

Quality episode, race trough london was great, i cant wait to see what hamster is going to with Oliver (kadett), I really, really, really hope that he is going to restore it/him

Loved the episode :D

But what would have been even faster through traffic is a scooter ;)
They could have bought that marathon runner back who beat Jeremy for a fifth competitor, A.C. Muir.....

I had pretty much the same experience as Hammond on a bike - it's murder.

Excellent episode, and kudos to Hammond. In Sweden most major cities have dedicated cycle lanes away from traffic, if I would have tried cycling in london I would probably be dead within 5 minutes.
Great segment with the Caparo, and great time as well. To bad you can't actually use it.

I am going to buy that racing suit and helmet and wear it as a halloween costume...how much do those helmets go for again?

And that episode was fantastic...Clarkson's team america thing was hilarious. And at least Corvettes floors do not fall off...its just their roofs:D

As far as I know the Caparo is still effectively a prototype. Hopefully the real deal will be a bit more reliable.

As far as I know the Caparo is still effectively a prototype. Hopefully the real deal will be a bit more reliable.

Id hope it was more reliable, if i got 1 i wouldnt want to have to be constatntly followed by an air ambulance and wear a fireproof racing suit every time i drive it

Great episode though, there wasnt 1 bad segment in it and credit to hammand for cycling across London, I have enough problems cycling in Glasgow which is nowhere near as busy although the busses are just as bad.

And the T1 i thought it would be quick but not that quick. That was only 2s of the DBR9 lemans race cars.

Very good episode, was nice to see Top Geat Dog once again (behind RH, presenting his bike).

Loved all the segments, another perfect episode.
BTW Caparo T1 did 1:10, F1 Renault did 0:59 on a half wet track, probably could do 0:55, so there's your difference. Yeah, i know that Caparo is road legal, but no1 could ever even drive it 100m from their house, because of all the bumps, crappy tormac and/or technical problems, so it's a racing car.

Last edited:
I don't think I've laughed so hard at a TG episode in a while. Great stuff! I especially loved the Stig on the subway. :lmao:

Perfect mix of reviewing, randomness, and competitiveness. Well done, Andy!

E5 is the best of the season so far...

E5 is the best of the season so far...

The funniest present of the Stig I've ever seen...he looks good in the Caparo too...Jeremy can be a good tour leader for London(if you give him a racing boat!)...

I thought Washington D.C. was bad. London looks AWFUL for traffic! And you have to place a phone call to pay a silly tax...just insane.

Loved that episode! Only complaint is i would still like to see one of the Vantages do a lap time, no big deal though.

As a American thats been to England i really liked the race through London, it reminded me why i actually still like England despite their overwhelming amount of anti-car, nanny licking, fatties. London has to be the only city i have ever visited where i can honestly say i recognized much of what i saw (from the river view in particular)

In particular the place where Jeremy started, i started my boat tour there and its strange to me how such a usually dreary looking place somehow stuck in my mind so clearly.

Overall verything seemed well put-together so i can't complain like usual, I'm just happy to see they keep figuring out ways to make a car show so interesting. And stig was awesome on public transport!! :)

Last edited:
Great episode! I loved the huge rescue setup bit during the Caparo review. I liked the 4 way race across London, was my favorite bit and probably the best of the "mini" races. I'd love if they get the Stig to do more things outside of his usual job. Typically the bits of the show he's in when not testing a car on the lap are the best.

Good job TG team! Keep it up!

The Caparo Absolutely destroyed the Lap Record. It beat the Ultima GTR by more than 2 seconds! Good thing Clarkson decided to get rid of it from the board since no car is ever going to close to that time for a long time imo.