Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
First!

Also it was a good solid episode.

Liked the motor home racing a lot, especially the pile up at the finish.

There seemed to be a re-introduction of slightly more normal cars which was nice to see.

9/10 Keep up the good work.

edit: ok 4/5 if you're gonna make a poll :)

Last edited:
Welcome back to Hull boys. :p Although Graham Boanas is a cock.

James hitting the motorhome with a frying pan was brilliant, and 'The Performance' was awesome.

:lol:Hey I really like 'The performance' too, does anyone have a link to a website of it, or have some more information about it?

I am not a die hard TG fan. I am more of a recent convert. There wasn't any 'cocking' around involving all of the guys. It was still the best thing on the box tonight, but for me wasn't as high on entertainment when measured against its own high standard.

As the only person so far not to score it at either a 4 or a 5, I have donned my asbestos suit.

Another good balance. The camera work in the Type-R inter-generational race was fantastic, it really gave you the impression of speed, and similarly was the camera work in the hatchbacks on the runways section.

The motorhome race finish was spectacular, when the flag guy dived out the way as a motorhome came towards him roof first.

The Performance was the shit. The Weissman underneath was just spectacular, the ultimate show-off accesory. I'd spend ?750,000 on that over a yacht for sure.

Viewers who consistently slate Top Gear for not having enough pure car content could never complain about this episode, since the majority of it was very much centered on road testing and was almost comedy free. The Civic Type R was a colossal disappointment, but the featured estates were a refreshing changed and I especially liked the scenery in this segment, simply sublime. Although it was still technically another runway, the ambience that the night time setting provided worked remarkably well, not to mention the surrounding flames. The Alfa-Romeo race felt a bit sedated, but if I remember rightly wasn't this featured in either the series 8 or 9 preview? The mobile home racing was hilarious, and of course reminiscent of the previous historic people carrier racing.

After seeing this episode I really want a Performance :jawdrop: although I still also now want a Peel ;)

By the way, I like the new inclusion of having a voting poll - I was going to suggest this before.

I am not a die hard TG fan. I am more of a recent convert. There wasn't any 'cocking' around involving all of the guys. It was still the best thing on the box tonight, but for me wasn't as high on entertainment when measured against its own high standard.

As the only person so far not to score it at either a 4 or a 5, I have donned my asbestos suit.

2 stars is perfectly fine. Not the best episode by far.

Only reason I voted 4 stars is because I nearly choked laughing at the motorhome racing segment :driving:

I thought it was a solid episode with more normal cars than usual which is a nice change. The highlight has to be the motor home racing, that was brilliant entertainment. The estates being reviewed in front of the fire at Manchester Airport was spectacular. 4/5

Another good, solid episode. It lacks the greatness of some other episodes in the serie, like the london race, the porsche pipe news etc. but it was still a great watch.
The civic type-R review was good and bang on. The alfa piece was nice, its always nice to see james do a review. The estate piece was lovely, although the roadtest stuff was a bit poor, the filming at the airport made up for it, it just looked so fricking cool. Motorhome racing was great, laught all the way through it. And also noticed hammond whore the helmet again! :D

oh btw make sure people score to TOP GEAR standards, not TV standards, cos compared to shite on other channels, top gear will always at the fucking least be 4/5.

aye good stuff. I'dve chosen the M5, but then I'll not get either.

type R was disappointing like, I'dve given more time to the powerstates. :D

wow! First HOT british girl I've seen! :D :D *wub*

i enjoyed this episode. shame about the type R, i thought that was going to be great. i really like the Alfa (even more now it's a good car), the super estates were brilliant (if you have a spare airport) and camper racing was fantastic :D

who was in the van that flipped anyway?

very good episode in my opinion :thumbsup:

I liked most of it. I won't go over the things I like because they will be gone over many times by other people. The reason I docked it a star was for two reasons. Firstly Dellaglio (I don't care that I can't spell) was a pretty boring guest and secondly the Civic and Alfa reviews are just too old (car wise) to be worthy of inclusion in my opinion. I realise they are trying to catch up after the events of last year but they should have just binned the Alfa review especially. Also the race in the Alfa review seemed rather pointless.
I did like them being in Manchester, the airport is only 5 miles from me.

Come to think of it it was probably only worth a 3* but I've voted now.

\Thanks for adding the poll Viper. It is a great inclusion.

Thanks Top Gear. Another great episode.
However, you will be getting a letter from me telling you all off. I work in a boarding school and sat down to watch it with the kids aged 10 -12 this evening as usual. Thanks to Mr Clarkson I had to explain what bull semen was and thanks to Mr May we had an interesting discussion on why he can use language such as boll**ks on TV and they get a detention if they use the same swearword. Thankfully, as with the pulling off in the services joke from a few episodes ago, I didn't have to explain the young lady's reaction to sitting on the vibrating seat pad. It went over the kids' heads so to speak.

Thanks to Mr Clarkson I had to explain what bull semen was and thanks to Mr May we had an interesting discussion on why he can use language such as boll**ks on TV and they get a detention if they use the same swearword.

Probably the most interesting conversation you had with your kids all day.

Thanks Top Gear. Another great episode.
However, you will be getting a letter from me telling you all off. I work in a boarding school and sat down to watch it with the kids aged 10 -12 this evening as usual. Thanks to Mr Clarkson I had to explain what bull semen was and thanks to Mr May we had an interesting discussion on why he can use language such as boll**ks on TV and they get a detention if they use the same swearword. Thankfully, as with the pulling off in the services joke from a few episodes ago, I didn't have to explain the young lady's reaction to sitting on the vibrating seat pad. It went over the kids' heads so to speak.

Something tells me you drive a Prius.

It's the classic Season 4-5-6 Top Gear episode, & most of us are saying, that it was a bit dry, needs more humour, more cocking about etc...
Do we change our opinion every week or what?