[11x01] June 22nd, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
New backstage thing at http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2966/

June 19, 2008
TG TV: Sunday

It felt like a long time since the last series of Top Gear, but the boys were back filming at the studio yesterday and all was right with the world again.

And if they pack as much into each Sunday night as they're about to this weekend, then it will all have been worth the wait.

In the first show of the new series, Jeremy, Richard and James dispense top tips on fuel consumption - who said they don't do proper consumer advice? - and The Stig gets back to what he does best: power testing Ferrari's awesome 430 Scuderia.

It's quicker around Maranello than the Enzo, so how will it do on the test track?

James introduces TG's newest team member, but don't worry, despite what the message boards are saying, the new character isn't replacing any of the presenters.

And the big film at the end of the show sees a new challenge being laid down for them; can they build better police cars than the real ones, while at the same time saving the taxpayers' money? They only get a thousand pounds mind.

There's also a change to the regular Star in a Reasonably Priced Car format that sees the double team of the Sunday Night Project's Justin Lee Collins and Alan Carr trying their best to be the, erm, best.

So get your cushions plumped up and your favourite mug at the ready - or at least set your Sky+ box - for the new series of Top Gear that kicks off at 8pm on Sunday June 22 on BBC Two.

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

large.jpg

^ The second picture. Doesn't it seem like they have got a smaller audience than before?

The second picture: More to the point ahem

THE COOL WALL!!

main.jpg

Why didn't they have the other chairs? I liked them better!

Oh and another thing

Maybe the SIARPC do the cool wall...it's just a theory.

Last edited:
large.jpg

Is that Hammond standing to the left of the chairs near the top of the picture? and is that the old seats they used to have? Maybe they have found someone who owns that car and drives everywhere standing up ;)

in pic 1 and 2 is james and richard wearing the same coat?
if it were filming then i think clarkson may have added a quote: JAMES:im with hammond

anyway in summary the ep will have jeremy powersliding and shouting power and making rude reference to the japaniese, james will not run, and will argue about stupid things, hamster will be beaten down after suggesting items for the coolwall and jeremy will shout the amazin words :its the cool wall and will have another stab at 5th gear

Reactions: EGK
ooooooh! i can't wait :)

actually started getting a bit frustrated watching the old ones over and over again... 10 seasons worth, but if you've watched them 50 times each, they get a bit on your nerves.

will be in front of the tv at 9pm sharp (european time) tomorrow!

I got to say, that doesn't sound that great to me. I mean, Scuderia, again? I hope the episode is not as boring as it sounds. I guess I should be happy they aren't testing an Aston DB-whatever/Vantage for the millionth time.

and so it begins.....

Could you not at least wait until you've seen the show to say you didn't enjoy it?

Oh and, fishman - James is doing a drinking tour of the UK soon. Airing later this year.

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/06/21/Clip_3.jpg

1 days to go ! :p

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=-JAwwwpW2ds[/YOUTUBE]

Friday Night Project

Well, British humor seems to have changed a bit since the days of Monty Python ;) Are they always in women's frogs or was that only for that particular show?

We don't drink Fosters here - we export that rubbish. :p
And PLEASE learn to spell. Your posts are painful!

The Foster's you can buy here, is brewed under the regulations of the German purity requirement - so it is actually drinkable, till you get tired of it :p

HOW DARE U,
british humour is the greatest, we dont dress in frocks it was a comic sketch, have you seen LITTLE BRITAIN or FAULTY TOWERS yeah we took the piss out of the germans on many occations we are great as in great britain
germany is deutchland as in doucheland ,shitland

From Top Gear.com's description of this image...

Top Gear.com said:
The studio's full to the brim, so it's almost time for proper filming to begin. See that gent in the background in the 'I Am The Stig' t-shirt? He isn't.

:lol:

HOW DARE U,
british humour is the greatest, we dont dress in frocks it was a comic sketch, have you seen LITTLE BRITAIN or FAULTY TOWERS yeah we took the piss out of the germans on many occations we are great as in great britain
germany is deutchland as in doucheland ,shitland

Oh dear lord - he was asking about the Friday Night Project you idiot. And very witty mate - did you think of the shitland thing all by yourself or did your mum give you some help?
(also learn to spell the show you are recommending):blink:

The answer is btw yes - Alan Carr nearly always dresses as a woman at some point in the show. I personally don't think Carr is at all funny but Justin Lee Collins - he's proper good

For a moment I thought his reply was meant to be funny - but then I checked my reps and nope, it wasn't. Well, what do you expect from an Astra driver? :mrgreen:

Thanks for your reply and your explanation.

By the way: I know Faulty Towers of course but never really liked it. I'm a Monty Python fan, though and have the DVD box with all episodes of "Flying Circus" and also all Python movies on DVD.

I heard of "Little Britain" and will surely look into it but as far as I know it is not on German TV and if it would, it would be dubbed in German, which I despise. I'd rather wait till the DVD boxes appear.

And oh, believe it or not: There is a very much alive comedy scene here in Germany and has been since the 1970's actually. The only problem is that German comedy tends to be in German, duh... and thus cannot be understood by folks who don't speak German. I believe that by now we even make better Nazi jokes than others :D

I'm really glad the Cool Wall is back. Some of the greatest scenes of Top Gear happened in front of the Cool Wall :)

Last edited:
Dammit, this is too long to wait!

I seem to recall that there will be a CLK Black test. Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.