[11x03] July 6th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

robybobey

Car(s)
2006 Astra 120bhp
The very latest Top Gear news and views from the team. Jeremy, Richard and James explore the idea that you can't be a proper petrolhead unless you have owned an Alfa Romeo by buying three slightly used Alfas, each for less than 1,000 pounds. Jeremy also conducts possibly the least appropriate power test ever as he takes the gargantuan Bentley Brooklands onto the track, and Gavin and Stacey actors James Corden and Mathew Horne are the stars in the Reasonably Priced Car

[url]http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/nextepisode.shtml[/url] said:
homepage_alfa.jpg

Next episode
The presenters try to buy reliable Alfa Romeos for under ?1000...
It doesn't go well.

All three of the presenters go on the hunt for the holy grail of motoring - a reliable used Alfa Romeo - with predictably messy results.

Jeremy takes the new Bentley Brooklands beyond the limit. Way, way beyond, in fact.

And, Gavin and Stacey stars James Corden and Rob Brydon take to the track in our reasonably priced car.

episodearchive_110301.jpg

episodearchive_110302.jpg

episodearchive_110303.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Alfa bit sounds like it'll be so damn funny.

Thanks for posting! :)

Alfa!

Oh dear. James Corden is not half as funny as he thinks he is (and neither is Gavin and Stacey). I think that will go the same way as Justin Lee Collins and Alan Carr.

The Alfa challenge should be good, but lately, these challenges have had a whiff of anti-climax about them. Looking forward to it, though.

Old alfas sounds like its going to be a laugh, powersliding Bentley also sounds good and no doubt will look good

But this 2 stars thing....not sure about that, I think most people agree that SIARPC should be shorten, not lengthened.

Why can't they have some chicks on the SIARPC? I liked Helen Mirren and Jennifer Saunders but they need some real tarts on there to spice things up, not a skank like Katie Price, more along the lines of Billie Piper. Why can't they get Mischa Barton, she is English.

Hooray for the Brooklands! The Alfa challenge will probably be good too.

The Cheap Alfa Challenge is probably gonna be awesome =)

Why didnt they wait until this season to put Jenni Saunders in the LAcetti, that way they could have teamed her up with dawn french, since this season its all pairs of stars in the reasonably priced car.

oh awesome.

these are usually good because they just show the three of them talking about the particular merits of their cars...as well as being in complete denial of the faults of the vehicle.

I really want to see the Bentley as that Brooklands doesn't get much media attention. But I really hope Jezza isn't powersliding it around the track. It just seems wrong in that car...but maybe thats just me!

The Alfa bit sounds like it'll be so damn funny.
I think so too :yes:

they need some real tarts on there to spice things up, not a skank like Katie Price
i dunno mate i reckon she would make for some hilarious watching, those bags of sand she carries around that are attached to her chest may get in the way and cause a sensational crash. the crash wouldn't cause any brain damage cause like paris hilton and victoria beckham have no brains to be damaged.

And yes axe that rubbish 2 stars in a resonably priced car, i think its pretty clear its only in there as a time filler.

Status
Not open for further replies.