[11x03] July 6th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Brydon is quite a good comedian, not so sure on the other guy mind..

I think the word 'star' is a clue as to why she's not on. (Thank you Google)

Retract that! Mischa Barton is goregeuos and she is a proper star, not like the people who've been on the show this season.

I'm sad we won't see a James May review in this episode as well. And I am starting to get really bored with Jeremy - seriously he should think about something new in his reviews.
I hate to say it, but I bet the Brooklands review is going to be exactly the same as the Arnage T review from a couple of years back.

Retract that! Mischa Barton is goregeuos and she is a proper star, not like the people who've been on the show this season.

I'm sorry but 'some girl from the OC' does not really cut it, it's in the same category as Smallville and Hollyoaks... i.e. what I suspect Clarkson would call some tedious shite on channel 4.

I'm reasonably excited about this one. Sounds vaguely like it'll be like something in series 7 (my favourite series, I think), but with them newfangled editing techniques.

I honestly can not wait for the cheap alfa challenge!

who do you think will win... ?James's uncommon common sense, Richard's Enthusiasm or Jezza brute irrationality?

Never really cared too much for any of the star segment, other than the F1 drivers and Jordan and Simon

Don't remember Eddie Jordan on SIARPC..........:?

Oh, hang on you mean the Patcham Trollop with the twin airbags don't you? Apparently the reason Peter Andre didn't rewrite the lyrics to "Mysterious Girl" in her honour when he re-released it is because he couldn't get "Gobby Slapper with Fake Tits" to fit the tune.

Allegedly.

That tune's going to be in your head for hours now too. :lol:

I really want to see the Bentley as that Brooklands doesn't get much media attention. But I really hope Jezza isn't powersliding it around the track. It just seems wrong in that car...but maybe thats just me!

I think so too :yes:

Mr. Sl65, Im sorry, but you are wrong on that bentley. Bentleys are (atleast the arnage, azure &this) in essence, powersliding Rolls Royces. In one of his older films, Jezza even said he had more fun driving a 2.5 ton PLUS bentley, than a 5 series BMW. That + did you see the season preview, that thing is a monster!! Big, big power output, soft suspension and lots of weight, it'll be all over the place :D

Cheap Alfa bit sounds excellent, shame that they are regarded as "classics" here, and thus, their prices are sky high. Right now the cheapest, registered and tested Alfa I can find for sale here is 750?, for a 164 2,0 with 310 000 km's on the clock...

Stars, a bit meh.. This is the only season of Top Gear in which i have HAD to skip the SIARPC parts of the show, because of the urge to see more car-related stuff.. Cmon Top Gear, bring the fun back to SIARPC with stars like Rowan Atkinson,etc.

I predict I will give this show a 9/10, 10/10 without the "Stars". :D

they should bring rowan atkinson (mr. bean) and jason stathom in for SIARPC

As I think someone else said, Rowan Atkinson is probably not going to do it. I believe he and JC are friends, but from what I've heard from people who have met him (particularly an ex of mine who worked at Goodwood Circuit when he hired it for a morning to play in his McLaren F1 and she looked after him on the day) he is in reality particularly shy and can only appear on camera or on stage when he has a character to "hide" behind. Mr Bean is apparently the closest to what he is like in person from what I've heard.

Jason Statham on the other hand would be a great call for a guest - one would think he'd be quite a good driver but it'd be great to find out!

hugh laurie (and im not just tagging along on the House bandwagon) would be quite good i think, he has some wonderful opinions and is quite funny, but probably hard to get a hold of.

Those that watch the Buzzcocks, those guys are very very funny. And the work for the BBC too, new season just started - great cross promotion

I'm sad we won't see a James May review in this episode as well. And I am starting to get really bored with Jeremy - seriously he should think about something new in his reviews.
I hate to say it, but I bet the Brooklands review is going to be exactly the same as the Arnage T review from a couple of years back.

I'm sorry but 'some girl from the OC' does not really cut it, it's in the same category as Smallville and Hollyoaks... i.e. what I suspect Clarkson would call some tedious shite on channel 4.

Yeah the OC wasn't exactly a massive show in the UK - it did OK for Channel 4 but nothing special - maximum of 2 million but usually around 1.2 million viewers. The vast majority of the TG audience in the UK wouldn't have a clue who the hell the guest was.

Thank you WillDAQ and upyourego (the audience figures say it all).

Yup, three used Alfas....what could possibly go wrong, or rather, how hard can it be? :lol:

The one thing that was missing from the last episode was not enough cocking about. That is what separates TopGear from other car programs. There wasn't enough irreverance.

They have had Stephen Fry, so why not Hugh Laurie? Why not Dawn French and Lenny Henry? What they need are more comedians or people that are not to serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.