[11x03] July 6th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I really hope Jezza isn't powersliding it around the track. It just seems wrong in that car...but maybe thats just me!

Yeah, it's a pity the vast majority of the reviews appear on the track. Just seeing a car woosh up and down and skid sideways can get a bit tiresome, regardless of how great the camerawork and editing is.

I used to really enjoy the seemingly normal reviews done on the road or a special location. The Lambo Murcielago in Spain at the bullrun, and Nissan Murano at the footballers-wives suburb.

Anyone else saw the Bentley Blown Tyre Brooklands in the preview? :p

this is not fair guys, you are going way too fast
second episode hasnt aired yet and you are upto third pre episode discussion

This is not right :cry: I'm going to write a letter to the BBC and DEMAND AN APOLOGY :shakefist:

:p:

You know he did a review of the previous Arnage T on the track
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KscobTXFs_8[/YOUTUBE]
Unlike the Phantom, the Arnage and Brooklands are meant to be more driver's cars than cars to be driven in.
Compare the burnouts and powerslides of the Arnage to the understeer of the Phantom:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2W_QTqeVlA[/YOUTUBE]

I'm incredibly excited for the Alfa bit, although I'm fearful of what they'll dredge up for so little.

this is not fair guys, you are going way too fast
second episode hasnt aired yet and you are upto third pre episode discussion
Yeah, so what seems to be the problem?? This has been the way its been done for years. Its just a listing of the episode contents...

You know he did a review of the previous Arnage T on the track
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KscobTXFs_8[/YOUTUBE]
Of course I do - thats one of the most memorable Top Gear reviews :D

I still didn't like it though! Bentleys + wheelspin = BAD :mrgreen:

:?

I like the prospect of the Alfa challenge. The 'stars' ... not so much.

Why don't they just rename the segment 'Two Irritating Twats In A Reasonably Priced But Total Fucking Heap Of Stinking Dogshite On Wheels'? Or better yet, give SIARPC a rest for a while ... they can rebuild the Cool Wall and use that as filler instead.

looking forward to the alfa challenge!

New stuff at http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/nextepisode.shtml

homepage_alfa.jpg

Next episode
The presenters try to buy reliable Alfa Romeos for under ?1000...
It doesn't go well.

All three of the presenters go on the hunt for the holy grail of motoring - a reliable used Alfa Romeo - with predictably messy results.

Jeremy takes the new Bentley Brooklands beyond the limit. Way, way beyond, in fact.

And, Gavin and Stacey stars James Corden and Rob Brydon take to the track in our reasonably priced car.

episodearchive_110301.jpg

episodearchive_110302.jpg

episodearchive_110303.jpg

The 3-way reviews are where the TG3 really shine the best, so I'm seriously looking forward to the Alfa challenge. I agree with everyone else, though, that they need more May, and not just to introduce the stunt guy.

The Bentley Brooklands should be epic! Anyone remember the tyre bursting in the season preview? :D Alfa Challenge should be brilliant too!

I don't get why people hate the SIARPC segment so much I think it's funny and usually pretty good. I wonder if the reason people don't like it is because they don't know the guests?

Maybe there should be a new thread about the segment with a poll - but we'd need to measure it based on In or Outside the UK as I have a theory that a greater percentage of people in the UK will like it than those out of the UK.

Something like

Do you like SIARPC?

I love and I'm in the UK
I hate it and I'm in the UK
Meh and I'm in the UK
I love it and I'm outside the UK
I hate it and I'm outside the UK
Meh and I'm outside the UK

Maybe there should be a new thread about the segment with a poll

Go make it! And yeah, I think it has a lot to do with being in the UK or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.