[11x04] July 13th, 2008

[11x04] July 13th, 2008

• Total voters
You can't honestly say that within a few hours of the episode finishing, because you're comparing fresh memories with faded ones...
This is very true. I always vote high after watching an episode and then usually end up on voting a point lower or something.

Personally, this wasn't the best episode ever as some of those cheap car challenges have just been awesome, but this episode was still damn good. Like 9.8 or 9.9 IMO.

Would you care to explain why 1, you felt the need to search me out on the internet, and 2, why you've just called me a prick? :mad:

lmao I thought the same bloody thing. I mean I'm a prick, don't get me wrong. :p

Much better GTR segment than the FG one. I'm starting to like the GTR's front-end more now. It definitely look good in red. If someone tell me to choose between the Alfa 8C and the GTR, I think I'll pick the GTR. Sure, the Alfa looks good and sounded great, but it's slow (relative to other cars in it's class). The GTR seems to be very fast and very easy to handle, seeing Clarkson just hanging the tail out on those mountain roads, that's just cool. I know for most people this ep is only a 9, but I loved the GTR review, I'm giving it a 10.

Damnit Andy and TG team, good job on this one. This was by far the best Top Gear Episode made in the last while. I would say that that race is an instant classic. Also the Alfa Review was just great, its one of those things that you would play again and again. I loved this episode, first one that didn't feel like it was all modernized, it felt like old Top Gear. The only part I hated was the star in the car part, but the one of the left was hot, so it was all right. Spot on though, great episode.

the moment when JC said help when he heard the satnav was funny.

It looks as if Hammond was using a P905i. I kinda regonized it, since a few of my friends imported one (but then again, all Jap phones look pretty much the same). They're actually an amazing bit of kit. 3' with VGA resolution, digital television, 5.1MP camera, and some PSP quality games! As for this episode, I thought it was one of the most brilliant episodes of Top Gear ever. It seemed less scripted and more focused on the cars. Aside from the rather short Alfa 8C film, I thought this deserved somewhere between 9 and 10.

p905i.jpg

That was simply a great TG episode. Rated it 9.

8C review echoed what I'd already read or seen; great looking car but the drive doesn't match the looks.

GTR vs. Bullet train lived up to the hyperbole. For me it was not as grand as previous TG efforts. Perhaps a result of TG having made so many great car vs. specials before, the "wow" factor now isn't quite as high.

SIARPC was also very good. Loved Kate, Essex girls have a fun reputation (if the UK bike forums I visit are to be believed).

Cheers.

That is now one of my top 3 favorite episodes. Easily. I am absolutely staggered by that. Well done Top Gear and the crew, it truly was epic!

10/10

I was quite simply blown away. To be honest I had low expectations considering the last few were somewhat weak but this was a true return to form. Normally I tend to get bored at points during the show but this had excellent pacing and they did well with the SIARPC segment. I honestly wish I could change my 9 vote to a 10, it was so much better thinking back on it.

Loved. I mean absolutely loved it.

Did anyone notice though, Jezza is playing with the sat-nav in the beginning cycling through all the graphics, but then later couldn't figure it out when he was on the phone? Staged? Maybe, I don't bloody care. It was brilliant episode.

This episode was well worth waiting a few weeks for, although having a friend over to watch it with me distracted me at times by making stupid comments and asking questions.

I cant say if it was because of that or that it was a excellent episode but I already want to watch this again.

To all the people who don't think it's the best Top Gear:

You're wrong.

Easily, the best, most intense race they've ever done, especially at the end where they made the stupid mistakes. The 8C review? Fantastic. The guests? Actually worth watching for the first time in too long. The news? The news has been pretty good all series, but this one was better than most.

Seriously, you can analyze it as much as you want, and spring up nitpicky reasons why it isn't the best episode ever. But then you'd be wrong, since it just is.

Hell yes! She's f'ing hot. <3

Q
F
T

Hell yes.

Fiona Bruce looks like a Vulcan with those eyebrows. Only makes her hotter. The two of them were so excited going around the track though! +1 to educated British women.

Last edited:
Brilliant! Finally an episode that exceeds the quality of the 6th series!

Wow! This is the episode I've been waiting for since 10x05 last year!!! I gave it a 10 only because I couldn't vote higher.

Alfa 8C Test: Remember at the end of series 9 Jeremy and party were enchanted by the 8C for it looks! I was so pleased that despite that, Jeremy was able to be honest that the rest of the car was still and Alfa (meaning not very good). It didn't take 10 minutes to explain that and they only used 6. Well done!

News: Great news! I liked the part abour Sarah Jessica Parker because I agree with Jezza. She should be good looking, you sort of expect it, then you really look at her and think, "My god! You could land an SR-71 on her nose!"

Nissan GT-R review: Better than all the other car vs. something races? Well it was certainly more dramatic. Hammond and May getting seperated, Jezza losing the Sat Nav, that stuff kept me engrained, but the best? I struggle with this because I love them all except the Veyron one which I just liked. After watching this I immediately wanted to watch the SLR vs. boat one again, probably because of the inability to get help from the locals via language which I thought was great. My gut feeling at the moment, best race ever. But just barely.

SIARPC: OK, I now accept this 2 guest thing is here to stay, but Mr. Wilman, PLEASE let it die with this series!!! I mean if you think one guest doesn't draw enough attention and you need to have two guests to make SIARPC interesting, just stop doing it! Those newsreaders weren't as bad as expected, but I just don't see how you can take news seriously when it's being delivered to you by hot women.

All in all, best programme of the series. It's a shame that there are only 2 left in this run, hopefully they'll get a 10 show run in the fall.