[11x06] July 27th, 2008

[11x06] July 27th, 2008

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Can you merge the thread in the other forum?

Absolutely hilarious. That was a very enjoyable hour.

James did a car review! The last one he did was of the Model T. Jay Kay beat Cowell - hurrah and two fingers to old men who really shouldn?t wear T-shirts (and who are plainly deaf).

Favourite bit was the arrival of the TG3 at the racing circuit: now THAT?S what I call an entrance. I also enjoyed Richard?s very sporting and very British acceptance of victory?

Three cheers for the Aston Martin and God save the Queen.

Can you merge the thread in the other forum?
If I do, the posts from that thread will show up before my original post in this thread and it'll look really weird.

It was only a few posts -- people can repost them. :)

one big huge fucking complaint - they had the chain in the tape player AND THEY DIDN'T FUCKING USE THE BEST BIT. I wanna be in the mood for a race!

other than that, fantastic. wish JK had demolished the laptime though. Jodie Kidd can do that though.

Genuinely hilarious in places. The bit where Kiff lost his arm had me in pieces. As well as him, obviously.

The Mitsuokas are quite...different cars. I hate the look of them, but a pretty good review from May, but I still don't get why he likes them. Weird man.

The Gumpert Apollo I think is a great looking car, and appears to be an excellent drive too. A decent review with some damn good filming. Just adding to the excellence of the show came with a new lap time. And good to see Hammond doing a review at last. That thing is damn quick. Big kudos to Gumpert for that car; I want one.

The Furai had a painfully short airing, but still an amazing looking car. Shame they couldn't drive it.

The news was funny, with a decent Sandaro mention. :lol: Some interesting news, but it was all dwarfed by the last two items...

SIARPC, now I don't want to hear a single person complain about this. The non-brits cannot complain that the gies was rubbish, just because they don't know who it is, and no-one can complain that the time wasn't good either. That was brilliant. Great on JK!

And finally the battle versus the Germans. A truly epic way to arrive in the Spitfires there, representing Britain as should be! :lol: Great cars to arrive in too. The first challenge, was a damn good piece of filming, and damn funny too. "Jeremy, my arms come off!!" A hilarious comeback from Clarkson against Sabine. The last race was the best though. Full of action, and a great ending with the Aston coming over the hill first. Nice to see 'James' winning it for us! It didn't even feel staged, which makes this series the best yet IMO.

9 out of 10 for this one.
Enjoyed James review of the Mitsuokas although the whole 'man with no sense of direction' made it a bit predictable.
Clarkson's comment about the Furai were right on the money with the Batmobile comment. Along with the Lamborghini Reventon, its the kind of car i could see being used by Bruce Wayne. Didn't like his Christian Bale jibe though, i have a habit of never believing anything printed by the news media.
Hammond did a decent review of the Gumpert and was surprised to see him doing the "Some say that he..." line that is usually done by Clarkson.
Really enjoyed the Top Gear v D Motor challenges, especially the way they arrived. Great seeing Sabine again and i did feel that her presence tipped the scale in favor of the Germans. Top Gear as usual were Ambitous but Rubbish. James 'The Stig' May race did feel a bit staged but was still fun to watch, especially for Hammond's celebrations when he won his race in the bowlers.
Series 11 went out with a good fun bang and strangely enough Top Gear Stunt Man seems to have vanished after only 2 or 3 episodes in. Wish the series had lasted longer than 6 episodes, but its more comforting to know that Top Gear will be back in the Autumn. Now i just need to find something else to occupy my time on Sunday nights now. Guess its back to the X-Box.

Great finale to the series IMO. Kiff's arm falling off was funny, as was Hammond's win. The Stig's driving was brilliant. Surprised with the result, considering that I have seen the German programme on YouTube. They are great drivers, but you can kinda tell it isn't funny.

And of course, as usual, the Aston's, gorgeous.

Solid episode

Jap Cars
Likes this. 2 resonably consise reviews by May. Wish they hadnt played the "James got lost" card but interesting none the less. In fact they could of done an entire episode based on Japanese car culture (reminicent of the "Clarksons car world" from years ago which was great) decided to fill it with the GTR race.

News
Not bad. Better than most this series

Gumpert.
Hammond doing a review is a pleasent surprise.

JK
Overplayed. I agree with the other thread about 5 laps then time the 6th though.

Germans
Good in places, awful in others. When will the jingoistic English (lowest denominator) realise that the WW's were YEARS ago. Same as the '66 World Cup. By all means play jokes on EACH other, but I felt a bit for the Germans that they were set up. When did hte Germans actually take the piss out of the English? I'd be interested to see the German TV equivilent to see how (badly) edited our version was. Result felt staged especially the Bowlers. Which was a shame.

7/10

especially for Hammond's celebrations when he won his race in the bowlers.

that ties with the arm coming off for the funniest thing in the series.

That and hammond's "driving god" moment tonight.

Germans
Good in places, awful in others. When will the jingoistic English (lowest denominator) realise that the WW's were YEARS ago. Same as the '66 World Cup. By all means play jokes on EACH other, but I felt a bit for the Germans that they were set up. When did hte Germans actually take the piss out of the English? I'd be interested to see the German TV equivilent to see how (badly) edited our version was. Result felt staged especially the Bowlers. Which was a shame.

7/10

in all honesty the germans did take the mickey out of us brits as well and the Top Gear Trio were more useless than the D Motor Trio. Plus also i don't find anything wrong with the trio arriving in the Spitfire's, us Brits should be allowed to celebrate what the RAF did for us.

A great end to the current series, a good mix of reviews and cocking about as well as a great SIARPC, felt like it used to before the guests all started plugging stuff and not seeming to be interested in the show.

The german section for me was the highlight and had me in stitches all the way through, loved the entrance with the spitfires but i did notice that when they landed and got in the Aston's they were at Duxford not in Belgium!

us Brits should be allowed to celebrate what the RAF did for us.

We dont Celebrate massive casualities on both sides because of one mans desire to have power (shit sorry thats the Iraq situation isnt it?) We use that information to make sure it never happens again. Its old history and I for one get sick of idiotic Brits trying to dress xenophobia up as Patriotism. The odd comment about bratwurst fine. But the whole thing was OTT for me.

I forgot though, that I laughed out loud at several points.

1) The Scouts beating the Stig
2) James taking pot shots at Clarkson :lol:

The german section for me was the highlight and had me in stitches all the way through, loved the entrance with the spitfires but i did notice that when they landed and got in the Aston's they were at Duxford not in Belgium!

I thought that's what I saw too! Not surprised though- the cost of just having that jaunt in those 3 Spits would have been phenomenal, let alone to cross over to Belgium in them!

I probably have to watch it a dozen times to notice all the clever references in the "battle" segment. That and rent The Great Escape probably. :D