[11x06] July 27th, 2008

[11x06] July 27th, 2008

• Total voters
Awesome episode, had to give it a 10.
I was at the edge of my seat watching the final race between James and Tim Schrick.

This Episode is my third fav after the north pole special, and the Jackie Stewart ep.

Easily the best TG of the series. 10/10! :D

Great review(s) by James, great review by Richard. SIARPC was actually interesting for a change, and the shootout vs. the Germans was great.

I want more Top Gear like this episode. Period.

This episode... All I have to say is... YESSSS TOP GEAR IS BACK.

Seriously, great guest (frankly the only good guest this episode). All the presenters had their bits. Hilarious and entertaining. This episode represents what Top Gear is all about. It's been awhile since I have seen a great episode

10/10

"MY ARMS COME OFF!"

+1

With the exception of the "all about cars" episode 2, this series has left me a little flat. There have been a few good segments here and there, but there has been too much predictability and frankly annoying "some mothers do have 'em" style cocking about. The SIARPC segment has been appallingly boring this series - thank god they finally had an animated guest, and someone who Clarkson could remember the name of whilst interviewing.

The D-motor competition was hilarious and I'm glad that ridiculous Mazda was broken .. move on.

"Cooler, 8 veeks" lol :)

At 54:42 anyone besides me notice the German suit give Hammond the finger as he drove by in his Bolla Nemesis?

I have just finished watching it and it was brilliant.

1) Gumpert Apollo made me feel like I was 8 years-old. In my opinion, you could see that car in any angle and it would be mind-blowing. Isn't what hyper-cars should be about? God-power engines and crazy slashes?
2) Richard "slam-dunking" the lap board
2) Richard celebrating over the German guy was priceless!! You don't want to lose to Jeremy and Richard.
3) Wait until Top Gear America and Australia are stablished. This episode gave us a little taste of what they will come with when putting TG UK against their counterparts. And if the results were as excelent as this episode....

Mr. Andy, keep going with the excelent and hard work!

Last edited:
At 54:42 anyone besides me notice the German suit give Hammond the finger as he drove by in his Bolla Nemesis?

Yes, he did. Dunno if Hammond was able to see that, but the celebration he made over the guy justified it!!:D

<Dweeb>Did anyone notice, Sabine's Mini is the JCW Cooper S and Jeremy's is just a standard Cooper S? It has all the appearance bits. I would imagine it has the motor thing too. Maybe not.</Dweeb>

my face hurts from laughing so much. 10/10.

this was the first time that Hammond did the "some say" line, isn't it? even little touches like that made this episode better.

Hammond is certainly one competitive person, isn't he :lol:...he would certainly have his head handed to him if he tried that in any other racing series. :no:

Anyway, 9/10 for me. Top Gear at its best, no question about it.

I liked the Axis VS Allies thing. I know it was staged, but too bad James forgot about Australia...VXR would have pwned the Evo X.

Gumpert Apollo bit was neat as well, its not the prettiest car but it is damn quick. I like the supercar reviews that Hammond does more then Clarkson I think (Blasphemy I know)

Other then that I thought it was a pretty weak episode. Not the worst of the series (season) but definitely not the best.

A vovrthvy finish to das season. I was lol'ing so much, i dont think ive done that before for top gear. A brilliantly shot show. And now the withdrawl symptoms begin... 10/10

hastn't this just been the most brilliant piece of television ever in the whole of human history?!

out of ten i give it a solid 623.

D Motor

D Motor

I really enjoyed it. It was great fun.

I feel sorry for the Germans, though. Can't wait to see D-Motor showing the same thing.

Funny, easy to find DMotor on YouTube, but few English subtitles... How is your Deutch?

m

Sabine!

Sabine!

hastn't this just been the most brilliant piece of television ever in the whole of human history?!

out of ten i give it a solid 623.

Also, did I mention that Sabine has got to be the fastest fine woman in the world?

M

and good god, what great film work on the Gumpert review, especially on Hammond's gear changes, like at about 19:53 and 20:22.

I loved it! The best episode in a long time. The 2 Japanese cars were interesting to see, the Gumpert was VERY interesting especially when Hammond messed up the suspension settings and the German Vs Brit clip was EPIC. I have to say though, the Stig is just inhuman, he started with a 4 second lag and won, after making a mistake! The US and AUS versions are going to have a tough time finding someone equal to him.

Not sure if it was mentioned.. but about the Gumpert.. they tested the mid-class one... anyone think about what the higher HP one would do? Think it could squeeze more time out, or would it just be overkill and sloppy?