'12 NFL Offseason Thread

teletubby-warrior

Da Superfan
There really is no offseason when it comes to football, but it's time for a new thread.

- The Saints are a hot mess.
- No team wants to be featured on Hard Knocks.
- I'm excited to see what Jay and B-Marsh can do, now that they're playing together again.
- The draft hasn't even started and I already miss Al Davis's insane picks.
- If RG3 doesn't pan out/gets hurt, Washington is so freaking screwed.
- Excited to see a Phil Emery-lead draft... nice to have a GM who isn't afraid of 1st and 2nd round selections.

Anyway, the Browns just acquired the #3 overall pick, by giving up the #4 overall pick, a 4th rd, 5th rd, and a 7th rd pick to the Vikings.

If what I've heard about The Saints is true, this is what I should think needs to happen to prove a point:
1) Head Coach/All with Bounty program suspended (already happened).
2) Any Player associated with Bounty program should receive a HEFTY fine, and suspended for the season. Point blank.
3) If the Wire Tap allegations are true, vacate the Teams' Super Bowl victory. Make them return the Lombardi trophy. Suspend team from the Playoffs for the following 2 seasons, AND no 1st Round Draft Picks for 3 seasons.

Send a message, make the game fair and put the fear of god into teams that question not playing by the rules.

Also, mixed with the Seahawks first pick.

First round = 2 OSU Cowboys and 2 Baylor Bears, but no Sooners or Longhorns. Very excited for both Blackmon and Weeden... in the NFL I follow players I like more than certain teams.

I'll probably buy this t-shirt in Blackmon variety whenever it is made available. Probably buy a Weeden Browns shirt as well.

thumb.aspx

Last edited:
Cleveland drafting Weeden in the first round surely means McCoy is done.... right?

You would think. I don't think you draft a 28 year old in the first round if your intention is to have him sit behind an awful QB.

Something I didn't really notice last night, as I was more concerned with the home team pick, but New England took Dont'a Hightower with the 25th pick. He's from nearby Lewisburg. Great to see local talent up there.

Something I didn't really notice last night, as I was more concerned with the home team pick, but New England took Dont'a Hightower with the 25th pick. He's from nearby Lewisburg. Great to see local talent up there.
The Patriots had an insane 1st round, yeah.

After hearing a few things from the Bears and McClellin, I feel slightly better about the pick, but I still have my doubts. Hopefully, he absolutely destroys Rodgers and Stafford right out of the gate and silences everyone.

RIP Junior Seau

As a Denver fan, I always rooted against him and the Chargers, but I loved the Nike ad he did with Dennis Hopper.

In other news: Goodell isn't fucking around with Bountygate. Vilma suspended for the season, three others suspended for 3-8 games.

Looks like CTE has contributed to another death. :(

How anyone allows their kids to play violent sports, particularly football, is beyond me.. all this new information is terrifying.

RIP

With Suggs out for who knows how long, the Upshaw draft pick is looking better and better for the Ravens. :|

I just drafted my NFL Fantasy Team, and managed to have an exercise in stupidity and a challenge in the sport...

I drafted an all white NFL Team (save the Defense):
QB Aaron Rodgers, GB QB
RB Peyton Hillis, KC RB [Breaking Video]
RB Danny Woodhead, NE RB
RB/WR Eric Decker, Den WR
WR Wes Welker, NE WR Q [Breaking News]
WR Jordy Nelson, GB WR
TE Jason Witten, Dal TE
D/ST Seahawks D/ST D/ST
K Robbie Gould, Chi K
Bench Jay Cutler, Chi QB
Bench Toby Gerhart, Min RB
Bench Brent Celek, Phi TE
Bench Dallas Clark, TB TE
Bench Kevin Walter, Hou WR
Bench Kris Durham, Sea WR
Bench Danny Amendola, StL WR [Recent News]

If I win, I will be epic.

If the preseason is any indication (and we all know it perfectly predicts the regular season), the Titans did better with the draft than I thought. Kendall Wright has looked good, and the defense is better than expected!