[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends, really, on how they sell it. If they manage to work in American trucker culture (CB radios, country music, CW McCall) it'd make some excellent excuses for riding Hammond.

Pretty sure it is. It's certainly stig sitting in a Veyron. Can you imagine after all the build up if it's only average around the track!?!?
Clarkson will go ......An it did it in mumble mumble point 25... hamster says whats that? one minute 25! and clarkson will go No point 25 see and then cue to the one being rubbed out and blurry!

Imagine how sacked the Stig would be and did a Koneigsegg and put it into a tyre barrier.

And thats before the BBC gets to their contract...

Well I just jope Clarkson finally gets the point and realises how brilliant 911s are...I'm really bored of him testing any Porsche and just saying it's bad for no reason at all. Personally I can't get enough of any 911 and I think it will be hard for the Gallardo to beat the GT2..

Truck challenge should be hilarious...looking forward to the Episode

Well I just jope Clarkson finally gets the point and realises how brilliant 911s are...I'm really bored of him testing any Porsche and just saying it's bad for no reason at all. Personally I can't get enough of any 911 and I think it will be hard for the Gallardo to beat the GT2..

Truck challenge should be hilarious...looking forward to the Episode

I'm with you on that. It seems like he makes up reasons to not like the 911. It's like so many cars on the cool wall. This car isn't cool because so many other people think it's cool when it actually isn't...because I said so. What sort of logic is that?

I'm just happy there's a 911 in the opener...I can't wait for the new season!

If you read between the lines in his reviews, you know that he knows 911s are great.

TGS and TDD!

TGS and TDD!

Ooooh, I wonder what Top Gear Stuntman has cooked up for this series! Hopefully something involving Top Gear Dog!

To be honest some people here are overreacting to the 911 review. So what if it's been in every season? I could say the same about Ferrari. Nobody seems to be whining about that.

I'm looking forward to the GT2 review although I think pitting it against the 560-4 is a bit of a one-sided comparison.
I

I second that. Ferraris have been on the show (I've not counted but it is a feeling) at least as many times as the Porshces. And the Porsches always get bashed whereas the Ferraris are always cool! I say, come on! Let's see what the Porsche can do on the track and if the driving is good and entertaining who really cares what car they are doing it in? (I don't). As far as I'm concerned they can go around in a G-Wiz so long as it has that V8 (or straight 6 or V10 or V12) soundtrack and all the tire squeal!

The 911 is 1 model, Ferrari is an entire company. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Ok. I think that changing my statements to Porsches in general does not void what I said (the other Porsche reviews were the Boxter vs SLK and the Porsche Carrera GT).

the 8th time they've done something with the 911?

That's only about half way thru the range :)

Let's be honest, Gallardo has had a few outings, ditto the Murciallago etc etc. Quite often the 911 is considered the benchmark, so it's an appropriate comparison ( vs the Audi R8 for example )

Doug

Seriously can't wait!!!

I really hope the Labrador thing has something to do with Top Gear Dog returning, she was so sweeeeeeeeet!!

Love Top Gear, best show in the world!!

I really can't wait for this. Looking forward to the HGV segment...

Me and a friend tried to predict Hammonds ride... but we realized theres no way to tell.
In the white wan man challenge he got something ridiculously small
and in the tractor challenge he got something ridiculously big.

edit: I think I might know what Hammond could've got. I'll put it in spoiler tags for those that don't even want to read predictions.
In the TG Magazine I have (Sept 2008), they mention that they don't like their HGVs, but like our "long bonnet" trucks, and wish that they had those there. They say that they'd want to trade their COE trucks for our Macks.
I think Hammond maybe found an imported Mack or Peterbilt, since he's always going for the extremes.

Something like this maybe
http://img353.imageshack.**/img353/9291/67peterbilt04121we8.jpg

Last edited:
Well I was there today and all I'm saying is the lorry film was very very funny.

I really can't wait for this. Looking forward to the HGV segment...

Me and a friend tried to predict Hammonds ride... but we realized theres no way to tell.
In the white wan man challenge he got something ridiculously small
and in the tractor challenge he got something ridiculously big.

edit: I think I might know what Hammond could've got. I'll put it in spoiler tags for those that don't even want to read predictions.

I'm not sure he'd be able to get one of those in the UK for anything like reasonable money. On the other hand a Scania T:

scania-leon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.