[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Motoring news and views from the usual team. Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May decide to buy second hand lorries, despite knowing almost nothing about the world of trucks, and then set about discovering how easy it is to be an HGV driver. Jeremy is also on the test track with a scary Porsche 911, a tame Lamborghini Gallardo and a surprisingly talented Labrador. And chat show legend Michael Parkinson is the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car.

And in case you missed it - here is a trailer for the series!
[YOUTUBE]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=H99slALLrUg[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Sounds like a great episode, they even got a guest that doesn't suck! Hopefully they got rid of the two guest setup.

Now I find Top Gear on the 911 series has invested too much attention, this is good or bad?

Ya I am getting a bit tired of the 911, this is what the 8th time they've done something with the 911? I know it's got a bunch of models and every time they put a new turn signals on they call it "new" but c'mon guys there are more cars out there.

Awesome, Parkie! I wonder how well he drives...

Awesome, Parkie! I wonder how well he drives...

I expect him to be slow. Not Whiteley slow. But slow.
He should be a very entertaining guest though.

Sounds like a great first show. And as I'm going to the filming of it next week I'm especially looking forward to it :D

So they've tested the current 911 by itself on the track when it came out, Clarkson did a road test of the Turbo, and Hammond drove the 911 in the Alps, on the Isle of Man, and against the R8 in season 10. Clarkson has tested the Gallardo on the track when it came out, the convertible on the track when it came out, and the Superleggere in the Alps. Talk about overkill! Any other tests of these 2 cars that I've forgotten about?

So what? The 911 is quite simply the benchmark for every sportscar (which doesn't mean that there are better ones) - so there is nothing wrong with testing and comparing it.

yeah, but still. it will be a brilliant test, and i already know the result....

Sounds like a good series opener. I'm really hoping they have some decent guests, Parky is a good start. 10 days just can't come quick enough! Lucky I've got a major assignment to keep me busy.

come on... I'm so impatient waiting for the new season ><

can't wait for the big trucks to come. vans, stretchs, trucks, what's next?

btw with the trailer - isn't the audio syncing abit off? just noticed

p.s. does anyone know the song in the trailer?

Last edited:
Looking forward to the HGV challenge. Interestingly they didn't show Hammond driving one in the trailer which makes me wonder if his HGV is something ridiculous in reference to his size!

By the way the trailer can now be viewed at the official TG website for those who want to watch a clearer version with no audio issues.

Last edited:
nice! thanks fot the headsup !

My only worry is the HGV thing.

Like the Tractors from... a while ago, it's not typical Top Gear fare. So it might end up looking more scripted than usual.

I look forward to being wrong :D

I'm going to crack my skull open laughing through what appears to be a lori / big-rig challenge :lol:

And Mika's in the series! :w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.