[12x01] November 2nd, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
So they've tested the current 911 by itself on the track when it came out, Clarkson did a road test of the Turbo, and Hammond drove the 911 in the Alps, on the Isle of Man, and against the R8 in season 10. Clarkson has tested the Gallardo on the track when it came out, the convertible on the track when it came out, and the Superleggere in the Alps. Talk about overkill! Any other tests of these 2 cars that I've forgotten about?

They had the Turbo in season 2 and than right after the turbo reviewed the C4S.

Than Hammond drove the 911 GT3 in season 3

Season 4 had the GT3 RS vs the 360 in the "track day cars" than later had the Carrera 2 vs the 6 series vs the XK

Season 5 did the Carerra S where clarkson drove the silver one around a bit than drove by the yellow one and made fun of the lack of styling change.

Than for a series we finally got a break, but season 7 had the isle of man and the RR vs AWD 911s on the indoor rally track.

Season 9 saw the newer model turbo.

10 got the GT3 RS on the best driving road, than went against the R8

Clarkson will call it a beetle and hammond will talk about how it's been perfected over the years, might have to skip a segment for the first time ever.

The trucks are first! Oh yes....this will be fantastic :)

A Gallardo :wub: I don't care which one but as long as there is one <3

I want to know what are they doing in the restroom, waiting for James to finish pooping? And Jeremy burn out in USA.......but this will not be the first episode for sure

Going from the advert and Jeremey's Times columns, its the GT2 which he hates. Or maybe its the DSG gearbox 911.

I want them to have the Veyron race the GT-R while The Stig does donuts around them in an Enzo and Jeremy lobs paint filled balloons down at them from a military helecoptor that's simultaneously holding Hammond and May suspended in a caravan full of honey badgers, which are also on fire.

And you may think that this would be the most outlandish thing I could think of.

But you'd be wrong....

...In the world.

~The Internet

Going from the advert and Jeremey's Times columns, its the GT2 which he hates. Or maybe its the DSG gearbox 911.

Scary 911 = GT2, hopefully they'll actually put this one around the track for a lap time. They didn't do it with the Turbo, GT3 or GT3RS.

Im pretty excited. Maybe Clarkson will crash the GT2 like the GT3 in his DVD. Second hand lorry's will be funny I think. Really dont care for Star in a Reasonably Priced car unless it's someone I know. Like Ronnie Wood or Roger Daltrey or Ewan McGregor. Those were good interviews.

Oh yea, Parkinson is here. That made me more excited than the cheap-car challange.

I know this is the episode 1 thread, but apparently Will Young is the star in episode 2.

Have they gone back to 1 guest?

I don't remember seeing anybody complain when TG brings the Bugatti out for multiple episodes. We have seen the exact same model(and color) of Bugatti in three different episodes and from the previews for season 12, we will be seeing it again. Same goes for the AM-V8, that car has appeared many times but it still doesn't get old, it's been interesting every time. Can't wait for the new season!!!!!!

I want to know what are they doing in the restroom, waiting for James to finish pooping? And Jeremy burn out in USA.......but this will not be the first episode for sure

The "flushing" moment is to do with the trucks (Jeremy's wearing the same clothes in the clips). I would also say that their challenge is to do with a timed event because there is a timer ticking away in the bottom of the screen.

Highly observant or in need of a life? I think i know the answer to this one.:(

I must say I am rather curious about the surprisingly talented Labrador

My only worry is the HGV thing.

Like the Tractors from... a while ago, it's not typical Top Gear fare. So it might end up looking more scripted than usual.

I look forward to being wrong :D

Or, it could be more like...
topgear_challenge_1.jpg

The "flushing" moment is to do with the trucks (Jeremy's wearing the same clothes in the clips). I would also say that their challenge is to do with a timed event because there is a timer ticking away in the bottom of the screen.

Highly observant or in need of a life? I think i know the answer to this one.:(
It's the Sky Plus recording timer from whoever made the video, not Top Gear related...

boy o boy
its the time again.
scary 911, hmmm could be new GT2 Evo with 600 horses.
tame gallardo. it has to be 560-4.

does it mean baby lambo vs best of 911. so looking ahead for this.
and
trucks. :roflmao:

I'm also completely bored of the 911 and varients, nice cars to drive, just doesn't interest me anymore

I loved how back in the older seasons clarkson would actually go out there and test stuff like the Holden Monaro (before it was a vauxhall). I'd love to here what he has to say on a FPV F6, especially since they are RHD and can be easily exported to Britain.

Wooot! I can't wait!!!

I'm sure the truck thing will be hilarious and I was wondering about the labrador too....(!?)

I wonder if Parky is aware of JC's comment in the Polar Special about how the only thing more Northern than Resolute is Michael Parkinson....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.