[12x01] September 3rd, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL65

Ambitious but rubbish!
Car(s)
1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5L
Returning to Five for its 12th series, Fifth Gear promises more facts and essential information than ever before about the most important new cars, along with the usual mix of stunts and challenges that push cars and presenters to their limits. With the presenters desperate to top their action-packed exploits last time around, this series promises to be the most thrilling yet.

Tiff Needell kicks off the series in style with the fastest car in the world ? the Bugatti Veyron. As well as a breathtaking road test on public streets, Tiff takes the Veyron to a circuit for the first ever televised track test of this ?890,000 beast.

Elsewhere, Jonny Smith tests a potential revolution in city transport ? the Mitsubishi i. Ten inches shorter than a Mini, yet able to seat four adults in comfort, the car is a massive hit in the congested streets of Japan.

One man who may need a slightly larger vehicle, however, is England rugby star and ?Dancing on Ice? supremo Kyran Bracken. Kyran will be joining the Fifth Gear team to take some circuit-driving tuition from Jason Plato, before being let loose in an open-wheeled racing car that will accelerate from 0-62mph in just 2.9 seconds! It is the toughest challenge ever set to a Fifth Gear guest, and will illustrate just how difficult it is to be a racing driver.

Also in the series opener, Tom Ford tests the sexy new Maserati GranTurismo coupe on the stunning roads of Italy; while Vicki Butler-Henderson finds out which car is the quicker ? the brand new Audi S5 or the BMW 335i.

17/8/07 - UPDATED LISTING:

Tiff Needell kicks off the series in style with an examination of the fastest car in the world ? the Bugatti Veyron. As well as a breathtaking road test on public streets, Tiff takes the Veyron to a circuit for the first ever televised track test of this ?890,000 beast. We know it can do 253mph in a straight line, but how well does it handle? Tiff intends to reveal all. He also manages to steal a few moments inside the French ch?teau where the car is assembled. Walking amongst the vehicles under construction, he sees some of the weird and wonderful colour combinations ordered by wealthy customers; discovers why some people have decided to buy two Veyrons; and learns the secrets of the car that every owner should know...

Last edited:
Ooooh there's a lot in there I'm looking forward to - Tiff tracking the Veyron, the Mitsubishi i, Tom in the Maser, and the S5 - nice line-up.

Tiff vs the Veyron - a worthy match indeed, and we are the winners!

Also can't wait for . ...

"Also in the series opener, Tom Ford tests the sexy new Maserati GranTurismo coupe on the stunning roads of Italy; while Vicki Butler-Henderson finds out which car is the quicker ? the brand new Audi S5 or the BMW 335i."

Looks like a good line up - Bugatti/VW test will be good, I've always wondered how the car would handle on a track as its quite large and fairly heavy. I think the quality is coming back to Fifth Gear. Well, it will tidy us over until October

I soooo hope he gets that thing sideways. :lol:

So if Tiff's allowed to put one on the track, does this mean that they will now allow Top Gear to put it on their track?

Sounds like this one will be a pretty good watch!!!

Sounds like a good episode to watch. just hope that the Veyron segment isn't like 3 min long! they should dedicate the whole episode to it :p

So if Tiff's allowed to put one on the track, does this mean that they will now allow Top Gear to put it on their track?

tiff will most probably not tell they time of what ever track he goes onto. I believe that buggati don't what it to do a timed lap of the Top Gear track just incase it isn't as good as everyone hoped for.

Wow, I think I'll actually watch this episode of fifth, just to see the Veyron on a track.

i think this episode will be as popular as a lost season finale.

(ok american idol finale for the geeks)

Awesome, can't wait. I do wish they would have let Top Gear track test the Veyron by now though, although Clarkson would have probably messed up the seat and crashed it into a tirewall :)

Awesome lineup (at least on first episode), I hope they don't show as much boring clips as in the previous series...

Veyron + Tiff itself makes it worth watching the first episode. :)

a must watch

mmmm... very tantalizing first episode!

looks like a great 1st episode. hope it will continue to be entertaining for the rest of the series. Fifth gear usually have great first few episode than it start to get boring.

Hmm...

Bugatti Veyron :w00t:
Maserati GT :w00t:
Audi vs. BMW Coupe Shootout :w00t:
Ariel Atom (probably) :w00t:

Seems like that episode could actually be about cars again. Great! 8)

Now they just need to omit pseudo-bashing each other all the time (because it's silly), limit themselves to one car-stunt per show (because it get's boring), cut the VIP-babble down to a minimum (because noone is interested in it) and finally: Fifth Gear could be a good car show again! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.