[12x07] October 15th, 2007

This was a great episode, best of this series.

7/10

I hope Fifthgear doesn't follow Top Gear's stupid "how hard can it be" challenges. But the driftooo thing was amusing.

And Yikes...the new Impreza looks so bland.

Last edited:
I liked this episode a lot, I didn't skip a single segment (probably because there was no celebrity crap). It's a shame though, two presenters in one episode hurt...not good.

I do agree that the Impreza test was a bit pointless comparing it to an old P1, but you can tell that even vs. an older standard trim Impreza this new one is squishy, Tiff's series of "fine"s really made you feel how average the car was.

One thing that was geting on my nerve was: "DRIFTOOO, DRIFTOOO, ACCIDENTOOO, SLIDENTOOO, SLIDENTOOO, DRIFTOOO, DRIFTOOO, DRIFTOOO, DRIFTOOO, DRIFTOOO, I'M UPSIDENTOOO, DRIFTOOO..." XUINTOOO BLET! :? :mad: :|

The Impreza review was boring because, the car was boring, simple as that I think. And I really hate, what they did to it.

The Caparo T1, I thougt it will be more user friendly, fast as hell, but also luxurious, like the Veyron, looked to hardcore to me, not what I was expecting.

The old muscle car segment was funny, the cars which were shown on tv doing 10000 km/h, drifting, going round circles roud cops ant jumping ant stuff actualy arent faster then a Golf diesel I think - and you can pick any year! :D

Hi,
I liked this ep a lot but the new Impreza? What have they done with it? It looks like a BM 130i. They've RUINED it.

I have seen a couple of guys with their new '07 Impreza of the 'old' model. I'll bet none of them will be trading up to this one. I know if I owned an '07 'old' model that I sure as hell wouldn't.

Ah well. Sometimes trying to appeal to a wider market & common sense don't go together I guess. I can't wait to see if I ever see the WRX version of this new car anywhere on a road near me. I believe it just ain't gonna happen & Subaru haven't just shot themselves in the foot....they've taken a shotgun to it & blown it away completely.

Man what a bland, bland car.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but this has to be said.

I thought Tiff was a bit of a blowhard plonk before, but when the words came out of his mouth about how he couldn't see any benefit from an AWD car, well I lost any little bit of respect for him I did have. Come on, give any car designer who's worth their salt a blank sheet and tell them to design their dream car, 99% of the time it'll be AWD because there are SO many advantages to it. F1 teams would kill for a rules change to AWD. Anyway, I've ranted enough.

The episode was good, one of the better ones, that is after I picked my jaw up off the ground after hearing Tiff (I do agree with him btw about the base Impreza being average, but that's the point of the car isn't it? We've had record sales of the Impreza since the 2008 model came out, I think people must like not standing out in a crowd).

AS for the drifting crap, Tiff can't do it most of the time, neither can Potato, it's too forced and they don't pull it off well most attempts. Vicks, Potato, and I suppose Tiff too are racing drivers, grip is good, I'd much rather see them keep control of a car like they were trained to do than attempt to slide it. That my opinionated two cents. :)

No need to be sorry, episode discussion threads are here for a reason. :comfort:

Sorry for reviving this pretty old thread, but there's something I'd like to know:

In this 5th gear episode, they had the race between the A-Team and the VW van. Tiff said that the GMC uses a 6.2l diesel V8. Every single source I have found anywhere instead states that it originally had a 5.7l petrol V8. Some state that the van in 5th gear was a replica, and therefor had another engine than the original. Tiff didn't say anything about that though. Interestingly, the sound of the engine in 5th gear matches the sound of the van in the A-team pretty well.

So who is telling the truth here?

Sorry for reviving this pretty old thread, but there's something I'd like to know:

No worries. These threads are here for bumping for all but useless posts. ;)