[12x08] December 28th, 2008 [Vietnam Special]

ADDED:
21:43 - 22:02 - Flash Cadillac - Susie Q (from 'Apocalypse Now Redux' OST)
26:13 - 26:21 - Primal Scream - Last Train
36:19 - 36:36 - U.N.K.L.E - The Piano Echoes
55:01 - 55:12 - Susumu Yokota - Beans
60:32 - 61:23 - Georges Delerue - Camille

Last edited:
ive looked everywhere i know, but i cant find the title of the track running from 4.55-5.15 but i see no ones got it yet either .would be great if anyone out there knows what it is cause its bugging me.

There was definitely some brilliant music in this one. :nod:

For those that have a Spotify.com account. I've made a playlist containing the majority of the songs from the Vietnam Special. You can listen to them all for free if you have an account. I thought it would be an idea to make use of this great new service, perhaps we could do this each week and share a playlist link? Anyway...here is the one for this week, enjoy!

http://open.spotify.com/user/ajmuir/playlist/3WiJMcWa9g2FBelnOVwhDF

If you need any pointers on how to register for an account please feel free to PM me.

Top Gear - Vietnam Special Sountrack

Top Gear - Vietnam Special Sountrack

There's also the song while they're climbing the mountain and stop.
Hong Kong by Gorillaz

04:55 - 04:57 -- The One Who Fights - Brian Reitzell (30 Days of Night OST)
First few seconds in the song.

Hunting for a song !

Hunting for a song !

Hey guys,

Im in need of some help. Can anybody tell me the name or artist of the tune thats played on a couple of Top Gear episodes, its a few years old and it sounds like elevator or supermarket music, sorry its a bit vague its kinda hard to describe lol :D

Thanks

That is indeed pretty vague, would be a lot easier to answer if you could name a scene where it plays (episode and how many minutes into it etc). ;)

Hey guys,
Im in need of some help. Can anybody tell me the name or artist of the tune thats played on a couple of Top Gear episodes, its a few years old and it sounds like elevator or supermarket music, sorry its a bit vague its kinda hard to describe lol :D
Thanks
Could you be talking about "Monsieur Dimitri Joue du Stylophone" by Dimitri from Paris? here is a sample

Hey ssreverb,

Thats not the one, but its extrememly close !!!!

I think it's from the last series and it involves James May doing something stupid or turning up to a challenge in the worst car ever lol ( again that could be anything)

Its a really old tune grrrrrrrrr this is frustrating lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey ssreverb,

Ive got some new info regarding that tune im hunting for............

Its the one where Clarkson is driving the Bugatti Veyron and May and Hammond are in the plane.

its approx 40 mins into that particular show. Clarkson says, there is one thing thats wrong, my car smells of a pharoahs testicle, he then pulls up at the petrol station and the music is playing at the same time :)

Hope thats of some help

Thanks

Its the one where Clarkson is driving the Bugatti Veyron and May and Hammond are in the plane.

its approx 40 mins into that particular show. Clarkson says, there is one thing thats wrong, my car smells of a pharoahs testicle, he then pulls up at the petrol station and the music is playing at the same time :)
the listing for that episode is incomplete, but here is the thread for that episode:
TG Season 7, Episode 5
I think your are looking for...
The Noveltones - Left Bank 2

Help!

Help!

I have trawled the length and breadth of the internet looking for the song from the top gear vietnam special where richard and james abandon jeremy and declared it a shame if they have to leave him behind and where jeremy has to get a new engine. 'as this is a bikey country a new engine was found quite quickly'. please, please if you know what this song is I will be incredibly greatfull if you could tell me.

'as this is a bikey country a new engine was found quite quickly'. is said at about 13:00 so the song you mean should be one of these;

12:37 - 13:09 - Lalo Schifrin - Scorpio's View [unconfirmed]
13:09 - 13:28 - The Who - I?ve Had Enough
13:48 - 14:02 - Lalo Schifrin - The Cross [unconfirmed]
14:02 - 15:07 - The Who - Magic Bus