[12x08] December 28th, 2008 [Vietnam Special]

There's a song I've heard on a couple Top Gear episodes on BBC America and when I found this site, I hoped I'd find out what it was. It played in this episode and was listed as a Jimi Hendrix tune and in the Cheap Alfa Romeo Challenge it was listed as Mrs. Robinson and I knew it wasn't either of those. After a bit more sleuthing on the net and a few video clips later, it seems that the US version of the show has some different songs in the soundtrack. Licensing issues perhaps?

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone can help me out and tell me what song this is. Here the US version from the Top Gear America site: http://www.topgear.com/us/videos/more/bikes-in-vietnam-part-3/ The song starts at mark 3:40 as they are heading onto "one of the best coast roads in the world." Thanks!

ADDED:
27:32 - 28:22 - David Holmes - Kill Her with Kindness
50:54 - 51:26 - Brian Eno - Untitled
67:18 - 67:38 - Blue States - 100's & 1000's

Last edited:
It's probably just generic music from some music scoring "house" or whatever.

What is the song right after Richard and James give Jeremy his present? I know there are two different versions of the episode and there are different songs at that part.

Fat Free Love - Skip Sandoz

Fat Free Love - Skip Sandoz

There's a song I've heard on a couple Top Gear episodes on BBC America and when I found this site, I hoped I'd find out what it was. It played in this episode and was listed as a Jimi Hendrix tune and in the Cheap Alfa Romeo Challenge it was listed as Mrs. Robinson and I knew it wasn't either of those. After a bit more sleuthing on the net and a few video clips later, it seems that the US version of the show has some different songs in the soundtrack. Licensing issues perhaps?

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone can help me out and tell me what song this is. Here the US version from the Top Gear America site: http://www.topgear.com/us/videos/more/bikes-in-vietnam-part-3/ The song starts at mark 3:40 as they are heading onto "one of the best coast roads in the world." Thanks!

Hi

We have the same issue in Australia, depending on what BBC screen here and in the case of the Alfa Challenge where some episodes have Mrs Robinson, but some episodes feature this song (that was also featured in he Vietnam) that can only be described by Shazam as Fat Free Love by Skip Sandoz but searching or this song also turns up nothing?

Has anyone else located the song?

Found it here in a "Czech" dubbed version it is right at the end

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bND2yN6i-Q[/video]

Anybody know what song is played in the American/Netflix version at 65:20-66:10?
I've been dying to know and find out, it's gamelan music where they use a bonang. It's quite relaxing and I'd love to listen to the full song. Thanks!

09:22 - 10:24 - Kings of Leon - Crawl

http://rghost.ru/40505591

Sadly, it's not Kings of Leon - Crawl, and I don't realy think this song has British origin. Sounds way more american to me. Anyone knows, may be, that song?

Please help find this song, at 23:42 - 24:44 from DVD "Top Gear The Great adventures 2 Vietnam Special"

55:48 - 56:18 - Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You

This is not right. I have listened to it a bunch of times trying to figure out what song is playing here but I know it is not stuck in the middle with you. Can we please revisit this one? It's killing me. The song starts when the three of them are sitting in a restaurant and Jeremy makes fun of Hammond for eating rice. Then James leaves and starts talking about a downed B-52 bomber. During James' narration, the song plays.

Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know the song used when the team are in the river , it's around the time when clarky talks about applying a tampon to the fuel filler cap ..

Does anyone know the song used when the team are in the river , it's around the time when clarky talks about applying a tampon to the fuel filler cap ..

Wrong special - that happens in the Bolivia Special (Hopefully the answer will be in that thread :) )

Americans! I found the song used in the end at 65:20-66:10, the part where James May's Amphibious bike is getting towed back to shore! It's called "Sanborg" by Giovanni Sciarrino.

- - - Updated - - -

Please help find this song, at 23:42 - 24:44 from DVD "Top Gear The Great adventures 2 Vietnam Special"

It's called "Acid Test" by Micky Moody

Hi guys,
i m watching "vietnam special" on Dave.. the song played when Clarkson buys flowers for May, while leaving Hue.. it s just fantastic... it s similar to "Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow ( Hey oh )" but it s not.. i ve checked the list and tried to listen songs in youtube.. but i can t recognize it... can you help me please!
It s after they have done the driving test.. around minute 47 or 48 (not sure, there are commercial on telly!)

Does anyone know the songs for the "great adventures" DVD-version?

I'm especially looking for a song between aprox 47.28-47.51. It has a sort of "Red hot chili peppers"-sound to it.