[13x04] July 12th, 2009

[13x04] July 12th, 2009

• Total voters
the weird thing was as they were talking about Carbotitanium and all that and i just wish someone would come along and invent Adamantium

In the burning Gallardo part of the news, on the last picture its not a Gallardo, its a Murcielago, and it did not catch fire because of an engine fault, but because two hungarian gangsters were racing with the Lambo and a Porsche turbo techart and they crashed into each other :D seriously

BUT I've learned something today.. Carbotitanium... nice.... (If you are into machines and all this stuff )

This Lambo burning thing was quite strange... (anyone knows why Jezza changed his Gallardo spider?? :) )

Last edited:
Ok, are those condoms in the Evo? 57:15

http://img41.imageshack.**/img41/1708/topgeard.jpg

I mean 5th gearisch (perhaps in my mind) because the Ford was reviewed before (J.Plato) the last ep of the last series of 5th G.
But, I still didn't like the Ep. Yes. the News where "Real News", but the Army thing (thearmy toys where incredible) but what was the Idea?... (I mean when I knew that this car was from a Drug dealer, I was laughing our loud, hoping that this Moth*** F***r. was watching the program.

Random note: I can tell you are german :p

(eigentlich komme ich aus Chile, lebe aber schon lange Zeit in Deutschland :D...)

erm... Yes, ok, sorry ... My English isn't as good as I'd like to.

To those saying 'lol teh bullets were CGI', may I politely suggest that you are wrong. What we saw on the screen was the glow of the tracer rounds, and from the perspective of the firer they do actually follow an arc and slow down considerably as they get further from the gun.
Case of Reality is Unrealistic, methinks.

Apart from that, i don't know what you're all complaining about. If you take away the army segment (which sucked balls in all its scriptedness) i think you get some of the best parts of the season.

Perhaps this is an example of "last in first out." We didn't like the last thing on the show and thus have an over arching opinion going backwards from that point.

In the burning Gallardo part of the news, on the last picture its not a Gallardo, its a Murcielago, and it did not catch fire because of an engine fault, but because two hungarian gangsters were racing with the Lambo and a Porsche turbo techart and they crashed into each other :D seriously

Still, it's a well-known fact that Lambos are quite likely to catch fire without gangsters racing them...

Anyone else notice Richard's pathetic pronunciation of "Cinque?" He said 'sync' when I believe it's 'Cheen-Qway' I mean it wasn't even close. :lol:

A little surprised they didn't mention the 2010 XJ

Ok, are those condoms in the Evo? 57:15

http://img41.imageshack.**/img41/1708/topgeard.jpg

Jebus...eagle-eyed viewer rears his head again...:blink::p

i really enjoyed in this episode, overall its a 9/10
only thing i didn't like so much is army thing i don't know why but non of those army stuff is interesting to me
and panamera is ugly
loved the twatt sign

The race was pretty boring. Without challenges or funny things happening it's just them driving. The army bit was a little off but I gotta say I've never seen those vehicles before and I loved that bit for that. The rest was pretty good really. I liked this episode more than the other 3.

How bad the episode must be to give it 1/10? i mean, if you never give below 5, then you must think top gear can go very-very down below shit.

Well, the question really is, are the ratings on a scale when compared to the series as a whole, or against what else is on TV?

I mean, take as an example the worst episode of Top Gear. It is still likely to be far better than most everything else on TV. Would that be a 1, just because it's the worst episode of Top Gear, or is it at worst a 5 or so just because it's better than, say, Strictly Come Dancing or something?

If its not gonna change, why then you gave 8/10 instead of 10/10. now you must allways give 8/10, because it will never change as you just told. why bother voting at all. Yes, i see now. if i would bother to compare this episode with the most terrible tv show in all human history, then yes, i could give this 10/10. i would go even futher with that and give more than only10/10. yes I m not just a blind fan who accepts everything. and i am not the only one who have attmit that it is not a very good episode, so why not to give a full shot. compared to other top gear episodes, it was the most terrible one i have ever seen. well, it s better than watching blank tv screen. :lol:
It has nothing to do with being a blind fan boy, I loved the Focus vs Megane segment, it was TG at it's best with JC and Hammond running around on the track like 12 year olds, the Panamera was interesting simply because the car interests me as the first of this new batch of 4 door hyper cars, the news was alright and Bolt was a brilliant guest to have on the show.

The only part of this episode that I found to be bad was the Evo vs Army segment, it was not that good, and yet I would rather watch a highly scripted segment of an Evo running away from a tank, then being destroyed, than about anything else on TV.

You call that fanboyism? Have fun, bottom line is I liked the episode, and if you didn't you're missing something here...perhaps you're one of those who miss the good old days of the 7th/4th/etc season and such, I don't. I find these last seasons to be brilliant.

Oh and it was a solid 8/10 to me, having one bad segment does not ruin an hour long episode, yet it's not perfect, hence, the 8.

This is definitely the worst episode of the series. It was just plain boring. Sorry guys, but that is just true. Post vs Panamera race was awfuly boring - it didn't have anything interesting except the "Twatt" sign. They didn't even put Porsche on Top Gear track. Bolt interview was also quite boring. I was really looking forward to it and it just was disappointing. And the worst bit was Evo vs Army game. It just reminds you that this is all scripted and kind of lame and stupid. I mean that part with "live" amos. I find it a bit insulting for viewers because it appears that producers think that we are so stupid. Of course, they really used live amos to shoot at the car - we saw it quite clearly. Just not during the race and when no-one was close to the car. There was no time on this episode that makes you laugh - realy dissapointing...

To those saying 'lol teh bullets were CGI', may I politely suggest that you are wrong. What we saw on the screen was the glow of the tracer rounds, and from the perspective of the firer they do actually follow an arc and slow down considerably as they get further from the gun.

i have to agree with this. tracer rounds look very... odd, on tv. as i've seen them on 3 different tv shows before (TG making the 4th show). not to mention, the bigger the round, the slower they will appear to fly.

Well... some of the snippets were painfully obvious to be CGI. The tracer rounds being fired, though, that was for sure real.