[13x06] July 26th, 2009

[13x06] July 26th, 2009

• Total voters
(or if BMW hadnt completely screwed up the look of the new Z4, would have been a solid 9/10

See one in person yet? It doesn't photograph well, but it's a mobile wet dream in the flesh.

BMW v 370Z review was only OK, but thankfully the dinosaurs were less cheesy than I thought they were going to be. News was one of the best so far, genuinely funny instead of all canned laughter like it's been lately. The whole Marina thing is getting a little old but the song was funny, real or not (but mostly james may...LOL). Brian Johnson also one of the funniest guests in a while and his lap was totally awesome. Auction and rally were entertaining in every sort of way, enough said. It just kept getting better and better throughout the whole thing IMO. I gave it a 10 but probably should have voted 9.

Reactions: TC
I think it was a really good episode. The dinosaurs were so random and I enjoyed them a lot.

Auction bit was priceless, interview was really good and not the weakest part like most of the time.

Top Gear at it's best I think, or what they've done this season.

Top Gear - reinforcing stereotypes about big tits and blonde hair.

Loved seeing the Spridget beating the Mustang in the corners (the Ford was ridiculously wide).
Indeed. It was epic fun, looked a lot like that old time BTCC action that Hammond was raving on about last season. I see why it was so popular (and I can't bear to watch a whole F1 race, let a lone 10 minutes).

:)

They really should have done the ride comfort test with a bowl of water as a part of the challenge this time. Or maybe with baby oil.

Could have been interesting to see how all those years affect old Citro?n suspensions, proper consumer advise... just a thought. :|

Last edited:
I also wanted to add that as much as I liked that Z4 and 370Z, my lord I am head over heels for that VW. There were some pictures on the Top Gear website a few weeks back and it's an amazing car. I can hardly believe it's a VW. DO want.

8/10 another solid episode.

Ive kinda been missing the supercars from the first 2 episodes this season but this and the last one have been pretty good.

Good episode. Jeremy's crack about Spaniards waking up and throwing a donkey off a tower block was hysterical, and the challenge was very good overall, if edited a bit short. I just have one complaint: we don't need a cheap car challenge every episode! We don't even need a film with all three in it for every episode. This week was good, but it's been pretty hit or miss lately and I'm sure it would help their budget if they did it less frequently, and they could spend more time making each one even better.

Last edited:
I gave it a 10. There wasn't a segment that I didn't like or I didn't enjoy. Plus the Top Gear crew coming to Spain is always a good thing (And I was in London during the rally :().

It was hilarious watching Jeremy trying to speak to Joan in English and Joan only telling him the instructions in Catalan and Spanish :lol:

I just have one complaint: we don't need a cheap car challenge every episode!

Yeah, that bothers me too. It use to be once a series, maybe twice. I love the cheap car challenges, but they're running out of ideas and it's showing. They came up with a few great ideas in the earlier series, so now they're doing them over and over and over. Beating a dead horse. They're resorting to fully scripted and elaborately staged stunts/tests and it's losing it's appeal.

Yeah, that bothers me too. It use to be once a series, maybe twice. I love the cheap car challenges, but they're running out of ideas and it's showing. They came up with a few great ideas in the earlier series, so now they're doing them over and over and over. Beating a dead horse. They're resorting to fully scripted and elaborately staged stunts/tests and it's losing it's appeal.

I remember in seasons 4, 5, 6, and 7, there was one cheap car challenge a series, and each time they refined and honed the points system so a real winner was actually declared, and of course the challenges got better as time went on. Then with the white van challenge they basically threw that all away and now we're where we are now, where they don't even bother to come up with a winner. Remember how excited James was when he won with his golden Jag in Season 6? Now it clearly doesn't matter and they just do it for the laughs.

Wow, that was just fantastic! Sooooooo much eye candy. Madison might not have 2 functioning brain cells, but ye gods that girl is gorgeous. If she can learn to just stand still and be quiet she'll be quite nearly the perfect woman.

Also (and I really never thought I'd say this) I thought Jeremy looked quite delicious during the Nissan/BMW segment. Something about his sweater? I dunno. Maybe Jezzabelle is starting to rub off on me.

Didn't really get the dinosaurs bit though. Eh, whatever. Still loved it. Howled with laughter for both the auction and the race. I've been looking forward to this the most of the season and it didn't disappoint.

BMW Z4 vs Nissan - 10/10
News - 8/10
SIARPC (just watched a bit of it) - 9/10
Main Challenge - 15/10

Overall: 10.5/10

Holy crap that was hilarious. You couldn't get better than that really. Main challenge was hilarious for being such an anal race.

They really should have done the ride comfort test with a bowl of water as a part of the challenge this time. Or maybe with baby oil.

Could have been interesting to see how all those years affect old Citro?n suspensions, proper consumer advise... just a thought. :|

I can't help but feel the other two cars doing the same test would ruin the momment!:lol:
Sooooooo much eye candy. Madison might not have 2 functioning brain cells, but ye gods that girl is gorgeous. If she can learn to just stand still and be quiet she'll be quite nearly the perfect woman.
I prefer my women to talk... just about good stuff!

I had my 1st run in with a proper distracting audience member with this episode too, and it wasn't even Madison!:D

I didn't quite get the dinosaurs this week though... was a tad odd. And I can't help thinking the news was quite boring... to the point where I can't actually remember any of it!:?

And as I forgot to mention earlier I gave this one a 9/10.

offtopic: I want to get rep for matt2000's ZP sig.

ontopic: Awesome episode, felt like a more classic TG episode. It wasn't overally halirious (part from the auction bit, lol), but it was a good joy to watch.

Could have talked about the 370Z a little more, didn't really care for the dinosaurs also, but im just nick picking.

Nice SIARPC lap also, it did look fast.

Only downside is next week's the last. :(

8/10

I guess I'm easy to please as I have yet to see a bad episode of Top Gear, tonight's episode included. The rally challenge could have been a bit longer, maybe even a special by itself but otherwise it was as usual very enjoyable. :)

Aw, i can't remember what's this white car called. I'm sure i used to play on GT with this car, but for some reason i'm stuck.
Anyone can help? :) Ty in advance
http://img20.imageshack.**/img20/8963/pictcz.png

May with Welch?!! That was absolutely hillarious, though not surprisingly May was just being May despite ..... sheesh 32FF?!!!

I have to say this was the best episode of the series. Highest possible marks 9/10.

Let's be honest, the dinosaurs are no different from the hawk in one of the Murcielago reviews, or the trick lights in the SL Black, though it's combined with one of Clarkson's famously tortured metaphors in this case. It's just a slightly different way to film a car, something that TG just does in general. I kinda liked it as a one off.
So did I actually, and considering they were animatronic, they were pretty bloody impressive.

Loved the auction bit, especially the expressions on James and Jeremy. The news segment just gets better every episode and another home run for the SIARPC! I also thoroughly enjoyed the rally but wished they had spent more time on it. As a result the ending felt a little flat.

Overall still the best episode for me this series. :D