[14x01] August 11th, 2008

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Last edited:
Btw, the RSS is not listing the current episode. Dunno how u update the feed, but i think something is broken here ;)

Btw, the RSS is not listing the current episode. Dunno how u update the feed, but i think something is broken here ;)

FeedBurner caches for up to 30 minutes. It's there now. ;)

"and I'[ll] give it a..."

Whoops, dunno how that happened. :?

...try as I have not seen any episode of Fifth Gear yet =)

Why not? It's no Top Gear, but it's still a good show. As long as you don't watch it expecting Top Gear, you'll enjoy it I think.

Same age old problem - Do you compare FG to TG or to other FG episodes?

Ronnie O'Sullivan (4 out of 10) - Was Ronnie 'on' something? Crap segment.

New Tim Bloke Fuel Economy Test (5 out of 10) - Boring test, but he isn't as annoying as Lovejoy.

Tiff vs. Plato (6 out of 10) - Good shootout, but not 'epic'.

Wookie Ford Cougar Test (5 out of 10) - Meh.

Jonny Scrap Test (6 out of 10) - Short but interesting..........

Tiff Underwater Test (8 out of 10) - Cool. Made the episode worth while.

Overall - 5 out of 10

p.s. Tim is Tom's Skinny Me.:p

Same age old problem - Do you compare FG to TG or to other FG episodes?

Other Fifth Gear IMO.

Everyone knows Fifth Gear is no Top Gear and we'd have to give like every episode a 1 if we compared them. :p

Boring :yawn:

Solid show, got rid of Ace Caf? - good. New bloke was OK, actually a promising start. Tiff and Jason = fun segment. I liked Ronnie and Vicki (I have a slight soft spot for that lady btw). Tom did the lead intros and was witty - so yes an 8 for me, then I have always liked FG.

Haven't watched it but to compare FG to TG. To me both shows are excellent compared to crap that is passed off as car shows in Australia.

Yep. I think maybe FG is back to it's old self. A proper studio and track. First part seemed like a waste of time to be honest, and I would like to see the presenters together more, instead of two introducing different sections. Good tests, good race.

I'll be watching next week. :)

edit: Gave it a 7, it still lacks the presenter interaction TG has... And they keep getting new presenters, is it 6 now?

It varies a lot during an episode. The Ford Kuga test was good, Tiff/JP good, the underwater car thingy was far better than I was expecting but the fuel segment was crap (half of it just showed the guy handing out money at a petrol station - how is that either useful or entertaining?). Jonny's segment was interesting, but very short.

I'm not sure the new guy is needed - Jonny could easily be used more. New base is a big improvement over Ace Cafe, if only they'd actually use it more!

Very watchable. Got nothing to say apart from that I expected the new guy to do/buy more modifications to the crap car he bought.

I gave it a 10. I couldn't help it! I really liked the show. That and I'm glad at least one of my favorite shows are on.

The new guy was actually a lot less annoying than I thought he might be, I guess I still have Lovejoyitiss. Overall it was a fun show!

A great first episode i thought. New presenter was good, like the new studio. Some great pieces. I'll give it a 9 instead of a 10 purely for the slightly pointless 'I'm going to give money to people in petrol stations' bit of the fuel piece.

That was definitely a big improvement over the last series. The new facility is a HUGE improvement, none of that dumb cafe crap. As for the segments...

The Ronnie O'Sullivan test was better than I thought it would be, much better than most celeb crap, at least I assume so, I only watched cause I liked the Merc and the BMW. He seems like he'd be a good contestant for SIARPC on TG :lol: VBH said he learned quick.

The Shootout was pretty good, not awesome, I wish they had more tests, but at least it's not just about powerslides and off the line acceleration, now they at least have a proper slalom and I'm glad they kept the track bit.

The new guy is ok, I agree with some of the other comments that they don't really need him and could've just given Johnny more time, but he's loads better than Lovejoy :barf:
Also, thought he'd mod the car more :hmm:

I liked Tom's Ford Test. I think the Kuga looks great, and we all know it's no off-roader. It's for people who want the height and cargo space of an SUV with a little better fuel economy and with a better ride, and who want at least part-time 4-wheel drive stability (basically the reason my mom got a RAV4). (Personally, I'd have gotten an Audi, but she wouldn't listen :p she hates sedans :()

Liked the Johnny test, but it was kind of short and ended abruptly with a bad transition.

Tiff's part was really fun to watch, haha, liked how he kinda freaked a couple times. And DAMN, didn't realize the prototype was worth 750,000 pounds, jeezzz

Solid 8/10 :)

The Ronnie O'Sullivan test was better than I thought it would be, much better than most celeb crap, at least I assume so, I only watched cause I liked the Merc and the BMW. He seems like he'd be a good contestant for SIARPC on TG :lol: VBH said he learned quick.

He's already been on once. :)

Needs more Jonny (they always under-use him), but I gave it an 8.

I liked the Ronnie O'Sullivan just for his expressions as Vicki drove him around in the Merc. Man, that thing sounds mean....

Find it quite interesting, but I would replace the Tim guy by Jonny... Tom and Jonny would be more entertaining...

Liked the Ford Kuga as well. Down here in Brazil Ford produces the Ecosport which is kind off a wannabe SUV (bit rugged, 4x4 that only works on the road, etc) but the Kuga has more appeal....

Down here is a video by Quatro Rodas (Brazilian car magazine), reviewing the Ecosport

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNccrSiH0uQ&feature=related]

I really enjoyed the episode.

Fifth Gear is really living up to the idea of a "magazine show" - they've got news, features, reviews, and odd things, the lot.

And the new presenter is doing something both relevant and not annoying. Congrats!