[14x01] November 15th, 2009

[14x01] November 15th, 2009

• Total voters
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe SIARPC is possibly cut from the eps show in the US.

It's still in it, though cut for length, but even people who've never crossed the Atlantic like Kevin McCloud have their SIARPC segments left in.

It's (SIARPC) still in it, though cut for length, but even people who've never crossed the Atlantic like Kevin McCloud have their SIARPC segments left in.

Hahaha. Bana's probably boned then. Unless they edit out that ONE question 'for length'. ;)

Last edited:
Great ep.
And that poor little doggy by the water fountain, so frightened and malnourished. If Hammond took it with him it would be just great ;)

The iphone community has gone nuts because the guys showed their phones last night. To be honest, I would have and iphone too except AT&T coverage sucks.

And oh man do I wish I had written the decibel app. I would retire tomorrow.

Reactions: LP
And oh man do I wish I had written the decibel app. I would retire tomorrow.

There's some pretty cool G-Force meters for the iPhone too. They would've been cool to play with. (Check App Store)

Maybe in a future episode "Car Fun with your iPhone".

*wink*

I liked the ep,perhaps a bit too much of the scripted stuff. Though there is something I found very very annoying. The lap times from BMW and S class. Why couldnt theyve waited for a clear day. That really pis*es me off. They might as well not have put them on the track. I dont agree the cars are pointless, they are only pointless if you have some fixed idea of how things should be. I dont. I like a luxurious limousine that weighs a lot yet sounds like heaven and goes like a rocket. I would love to own one. That does not mean I dont appreciate gt3s or cars like that.

Last edited:
Can we ban talk about scriptedness ? Seriously as if people are still stuck on that like a broken record. Tg has likely been scripted since day 1 that's how modern television works. The end. Talk about the weather in Romania or something. Anything other than this continuous drivel about scripting.

What are these people gonna do when you find out that life is predetermind from conception? Explode probably.

I think it has more to do with suspension of disbelief. You shouldn't have the fact that the show is scripted thrown blatantly in your face. That's just bad writing and it's almost insulting to watch, as if the producers think so little of their audience that such low standards are acceptable. Like you said, everything is scripted nowadays, but the difference between good shows and bad shows is how well they hide it.

But I thought this episode was pretty good as far as that goes, with the obvious exception of the Dacia Sandero getting creamed. :lol:

EDIT
I feel like at least MY problem with "scripting" isn't when it exists, it's when it's poorly done and so blatantly obvious that it completely breaks the suspension of disbelief.
Well damn, you beat me to it. Guess great minds think alike. :p

Last edited:
Is the MKV file the full file and not one that is missing 2 minutes ?

Great episode; makes it a shame that all their other beautiful shots weren't in HD. My brother didn't like it though as he's one of those fans that isn't a fan of a lot of car reviews and prefers their crazier stuff. Hopefully there'll be plenty of that in this season as well!

The tunnel race was a particular standout from the episode, looked great and captured the feeling of high-intensity.

8/10

I just found out that my torrent missed two minutes of Driving Road action. Did they put it just on the HD or was it also on BBC2 but didn't put it in my torrent? (I got thebox torrent for those who are wondering)

the stig has a different helmet now....
but i like the previous one because it looks like a cat :D

the stig has a different helmet now....
but i like the previous one because it looks like a cat :D

Same helmet as the last several seasons: Simpson Diamondback.

Fantastic episode, I didn't see any evidence of budget cuts.

Six of Ten scored here.

1. More American Jokes. Lame.
2. James drives the Lambo. Plus.
3. I did like the Ferrari. Plus.
4. As usual, I dislike the Aston. I'd rate that as a lame, but I've been that way for ages. Neutral.
5. The Dacia bits: Extreme Lameness.
6. Isn't the Dacia that got wrecked the same one that blew by them on the interstate?
7. How did they not notice parking by that big honking dam? Lame.
8. Cute Dog. Plus.
9. Getting SuperConvertables Dusty? Big Plus.
10. Driving through the tunnels, rough road and all? Plus.
11. They have iPhones. I don't. Lame! ;)

I've seen better. As usual, the camera work was good.

Oh! The other test!

12. Beemer over Merc? Meh, both are overpriced weeniemobiles. Cars are made to be driven. Cattle get driven around.

Last edited:
Was the source for your torrent. Both SD and HD from here are complete.

I checked on the site from where I got it from and I'm guessing that there was a glitch in the rip that I got.

I might download the HD version tommorow

I just found out that my torrent missed two minutes of Driving Road action.

it wouldnt happen to be the "organic" rip would it ? i saw that on another site and its run time is listed as the 2 minutes short. the "fov" sd release from finalgear is complete.