[14x03] November 29th, 2009

[14x03] November 29th, 2009

• Total voters
I'd just like to say that I think Hammond is getting fat.

He seems to have put on a bunch of weight and has quite the beer gut. Maybe he's trying to outdo Jeremy?

Or maybe he is turning 40 and his testosterone levels are dropping. (as they do in most men at that age)

What Skylock said. Even though Richard is a keen runner and cyclist, that stuff still happens.

In my earlier post, I said Richard looked the best I've seen him for a while. Maybe I like healthy looking men ;) He's certainly not fat though, by any stretch of the imagination.

I don't think he's fat, but I think he's pretty round in the face, probably because of his facial structure, which makes you look a bit chubby around the face. But he's fit as.

Everyone knows i'm a James girl through and through, but having just seen Richard at TG Live, he's in pretty good shape! He's certainly nowhere near Jeremy in terms of guttage, and certainly trimmer than James. But hey, it isn't his abs we admire James for! ;)
Maybe Disciple should post a pic so we can judge him (or her!)? :p

I'd just like to say that I think Hammond is getting fat.

He seems to have put on a bunch of weight and has quite the beer gut. Maybe he's trying to outdo Jeremy?

I dunno, I think he's getting more attractive every day:
670x377Image.jpg

:blink: :lol:

Loved the episode. But then again I always do.

The airship segment was alright, but May's crash more than made up for it. And I just enjoy looking at that Balboni.

It's really hard to argue against their case for Lancia. I think just about all those Lancias were beautiful, rolling works of art, and made some fantastic noises. If there were some real Lancias available in the states I may have owned one by now (mmm, Delta Integrale).

Just finished watching 14x3 again just to make sure my 9 rating was not influenced by the Alsatian Riesling I was drinking at the time, and I am happy to say I enjoyed it just as much when sober.

Yes, there were gags that have been used before, and you can see them coming, but because they were well executed they were still funny. The boys seemed to be enjoying doing the show, which didn?t seem apparent last week, and because they appeared to be enjoying themselves, it was a lot easier to join the fun. The show transported me to the magical world of ?TG?, which is why I watch.

And, there were cars. I?m not really a petrolhead, but I did enjoy learning about the Lancias-and their many ?firsts? in automotive engineering and because I really didn?t know much about the rust problems with them in the UK, it made the choice of Beta in Botswana just that much funnier. As an aside, the British pronunciation of Beta sounds more like our ?beater? due to the ending ?a? being pronounced as ?er?, which just adds to the hilarity on this side of the pond.

And, OMG, do want one of those Integrales! Richard seemed to be having a lot more fun with it than the Lambo.

The airship bit scared the crap out of me, convinced me that James does have serious courage or he?s completely nuts or both. I was so relieved when it was over with no real harm done. I don?t care if he was actually flying it all the time or not or it was staged or whatever, I think lighter than air aircraft are very scary because of the absolute dependence on wind direction and strength. Yes, he had a prop, but it certainly didn?t do a lot, which was part of the point. I know this from personal experience, having been in two hot air balloon crash landings (ok, I was an idiot to go again), both caused by unpredictable wind conditions. Yes, I?ve bested Hammond in a crash category! Seriously, I?d rather jump out of a perfectly good airplane (again) than go up in a balloon. But, there are 3 or 4 that fly over my house regularly on summer evenings and I know someone who got engaged on a flight and they?re still alive and married, so it must be that the balloon gods hate me:lol:.

Finally, the countryside shots in HD are just stunning. I love the English countryside anyway, and it was wonderful to see it from the air.

Lancia is.

The caravan solution would still work, but maybe not in Britain. Still, seeing James?s arm out of the window as it?s dragged along the paddock ? that was gold.

Richard always look funny in ?supercars?, just barely being able to see over the steering wheel.

SIARPC? Is it true that one person can have ?too many Ferraris??

The Hawk/Lanica kit car: I love that that there are still cars Jeremy wants to drive , that he can?t fit in.

Wow, lots of complaining still. TG is scripted blah blah blah morris morina gag is old blah blah blah.

Fuck that noise.

Im just glad Top Gear is back on.

july to november is a damn long time with no Top Gear.

and on the episode itself. 10/10. I learned a lot from the Lancia piece(s) and i now want both a caravan airship and a stratos kit car.

Does anyone know the name and location of that large wireless tower that they show in the episode? I'd like to read more about it. I've never seen one that had so much stuff on it. I'm curious what those two arrays are at the top -- it looks like cellular on steroids!

Does anyone know the name and location of that large wireless tower that they show in the episode? I'd like to read more about it. I've never seen one that had so much stuff on it. I'm curious what those two arrays are at the top -- it looks like cellular on steroids!

You could try using google earth - I think Richard was in Essex when he saw the tower.

Best episode in a very long time but then again I am slightly biased :)

The shown Integrale is a 1993 model, bought for 14.000...and looks like a "dealer edition" but I am not sure.
It's not a Dealers Collection. The car shown is a regular Evo 2.

It seems this forum is just a bunch of TG nuthuggers who are not old enough to actually drive and own cars.

...but now it is just a dumbed down, americanized flavor of the month TV show.

...Why don't the kiddies watching this try it on their bikes and see what happens.

....How many of the children on this forum even know who he is?

...Remember, entertainment does not have to be scripted, fake and forced to be fun...leave that to the Americans.
:rolleyes: What a charming individual. F**k you too, with love from America.

after seeying it again(cough 10 times) it doesn't deserve an 8 but a 9.

I do think they are really enough on destroying any of the Morris Marina.
Are they going to destroy all the Marinas owned by people outside the Owner's Club?

The Lancia Stratos had a bit of a hard time with the top gear track, they should have given it a second try.

Last edited:
IMHO the Lancia Stratos, is the only real Lancia. One of those cars I lusted after as a child. I wish they had found a kit reproduction that had the goods to back up its awesome looks. Although I think the Stig could have taken that around the track faster if he wanted to. This was part of the fun of the program to make it fail.

Overall it was a good program, not a 10 but still very entertaining.

As an aside, the British pronunciation of Beta sounds more like our ?beater? due to the ending ?a? being pronounced as ?er?, which just adds to the hilarity on this side of the pond..

Exactly! Which adds to the irony of it all.

And, I just noticed your location..

I was born in Edmonds. :)