[14x05] December 20th, 2009

[14x05] December 20th, 2009

• Total voters
^
Ok, this episode was the greatest thing I have ever seen, the gallery scenes were directed with a panache and James velvet jacket was a feast of organic beauty.

try nohomers.net - it's the finalgear for simpsons
Thanks, will do that.

And fans just have more extreme reactions "THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE CHANGED THE CHANNEL MID WAY THROUGH AN EPISODE I AM MAKING A STATEMENT HERE!" But they'll be back next week. people here should be grateful that this show has a dialogue of sorts with the fans (although I think that could be slightly improved), and that the EP recognises that yes, it's been a bit shit at times.
Well, I don't see how these statements contradict themselves. Of course, a fan will react more extreme to a bad episode than an average viewer. Still, one can change the channel due to extreme boredom and still be back next week. Fans don't give up so easily. Nonetheless, if a guy feels so much pain watching an episode, should he (or she?) not tell about it? After all, this thread's very purpose is to express one's opinion on the 14x05. Just because this is a fan forum, people should be (and are) entitled to their opinion on Top Gear, may it be good or bad.

Thoroughly enjoyed it, but have very little to say other than did anyone notice that when the stig was driving the Noble, during the first in-car view coming up to Chicago, Stiggie was losing the back end but they cut the film. I think he spun it.

We know they're chopped together so it's not anything to panic about. :)

Oh yeah. 10. Because of Jeremy's sore eye. ;)

I still need to see this episode. I completely forgot about it, but I assumed it was on at 9pm... and it obviously wasn't.

Is it just me or is Top Gear lacking in... well... being "decent"?
=/

^
Ok, this episode was the greatest thing I have ever seen, the gallery scenes were directed with a panache and James velvet jacket was a feast of organic beauty.

Ha'way, it was an arse of a statement you made.

Well, I don't see how these statements contradict themselves. Of course, a fan will react more extreme to a bad episode than an average viewer. Still, one can change the channel due to extreme boredom and still be back next week. Fans don't give up so easily. Nonetheless, if a guy feels so much pain watching an episode, should he (or she?) not tell about it? After all, this thread's very purpose is to express one's opinion on the 14x05. Just because this is a fan forum, people should be (and are) entitled to their opinion on Top Gear, may it be good or bad.

hmm I think I've missed a couple of points. I meant to say that fans have extreme reactions, but they're not exactly right when they say that. Going back to the simpsons fans analogy and the whole "Worst episode ever" thing that they basically created with the internet. There's been some shit on this program, but this epsiode was just average. I laughed my tits off. Noble was good, Jenson was good, news was good, the art film was pretty good, I liked it being set in the north east for once, even if it was full of fucking smoggies and Sunderland didn't get a look in once, and they wore bastard black and white tops.

There's also less constructive critiscism around, everyone knows that Andy Wilman reads these boards, and a lot of it is just "It's shit" I've got no problem with people expressing an opinion, but there's little debate and fuck all point to going "well I didn't laugh" or "we've seen it all before"

Liked the Noble, the News and the SIARPC but didn't care much for the Art Gallery segment. I gave it a 7. :(

I'm sure the Bolivia-Chili road trip will blow us all away. :)

They came to my town an I missed it!!! We're going to Florida tomoro but due to the weather we've had to set off tonight and stay over in a hotel at the airport! And I missed it! Hope it was good!

The Art Gallery segment was the dullest in Top Gear history, forced calamities have never been funny, and certainly aren't when they've been done in a similar way 9000 times before. The best part of this film was seeing the Countach.

Noble review was better than most of the reviews but it should've been at least twice as long; it had unfulfilled potential- it's not often Jeremy gets excited about cars anymore and when he does he needs to give the car a proper review.
Jenson was a pretty good guest.
6/10, really felt like turning off towards the end.

Last edited:
They came to my town an I missed it!!! We're going to Florida tomoro but due to the weather we've had to set off tonight and stay over in a hotel at the airport! And I missed it! Hope it was good!

They wore gas masks the entire time. And made fun of boro attire.

I'm sorry to say but what a big steaming pile of uninteresting, uninspiring, unfunny CRAP.

The Noble I guess was a decent car to have a look at and Jezza states it's faster than the others. He has the other cars on the track, SHOW me it is!

Isn't that what The Stig was forged from a carbotanium and titbon alloy for? In case you missed it, the car did a 1:17:something in the cold and damp.

haven't seen it yet but i'm sure i wouldn't want to watch it anyway. as a massive fan, this is a one big disappointing season.

nevermind, South America challenge should fix it.

but i admire what Mr. Wilman has noted recently, they love what they love to do. and i can't complain with that.

but my hand just detain me from voting. sry.

*excitingly waiting for the next week* :p

Isn't that what The Stig was forged from a carbotanium and titbon alloy for? In case you missed it, the car did a 1:17:something in the cold and damp.

If I wanted to see numbers I'd buy a magazine, I'm watching a TV show because I want to SEE the difference.

Noble review and Jenson was okey but rest was quite frankly, rubbish. I think I could actually sleep through the whole thing which would be a first for me.

Better than episode 4 but not a classic. Plenty was funny, but it could have been so much better than it was. M600 was good, I really like that car and Jeremys test was pretty good. The news was good but I wish it was longer. Jenson was very funny. The car art feature was good but could have been shorter and just as good. I think (sadly) that it's going to be difficult to believe things that happen now, they've gone too far lately and blurred the line between real and fake.

Not really impressed.

Noble and Button was ok, the rest was just blergh.

As well, staged as fuck.

a) The Noble Stig lap had daylight time changes like crazy, compare when it left the line and when it crossed again.
b) Paintballs through exhaust, right.
c) from the time they got the 6 series I was mad because I KNEW they would kill it somehow and I like 6 Series :(

Let's hope for the special to be better :(

Another thing to mention in regard to this episode and series 14 in general. It's now 10.53 UK time so nearly 2 hours after the show finished airing and only 37 comments?

I expect a flurry after everyone's woken up again having been sent to sleep by tonight's show.

And for our non-UK members I hope you have unlimited connections cos you're gonna be as pissed as fuck you wasted any of it on this POS.

:lol: MWF. Telling it like it is since 1969

It's like they purposely made this one terrible so that the Bolivia episode would seem 100x better than it actually is.