[14x08] September 29th, 2008

[14x08] September 29th, 2008

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Best season of Fifth Gear that I can remember of, and a pretty good last show! Keep up the good work ! Not a ten though, missed a review done by Plato , Tiff or both of them at the same time!

Man I hated this! It's like every segment was 5 minutes long and had hardly ANY footage of whatever they were talking about. Lots of camera angle changes all throughout, too.

Segments like "Can you do your own maintenance?" Where it asks a question, shows two minutes of footage and just says "Yes" at the end really don't need to be in a show like this.

8/10 from me. Quite a solid episode in the series :)

//EDIT - I just noticed something! There was NO annual Fifth Gear awards! I thought Tom mentioned how they'd be back NEXT year...

Last edited:
Solid - yep a good 8/10 - last week only scraped an 8 from me btw. The new guy is settling in OK and the carts were a bit of fun.

I'd like a go with that pilot in his chopper. :|

Raced karts for about a year now, so that segment gets mega props from me! Toys indeed!

has anyone else noticed tim shaw wears the same pair of jeans in every episode in this series?

Yeah, it was a bit rushed for time. I'm thinking 7 or 8, but I'm gonna think about it for a bit.

Does anyone know what that music was while the chopper guy was doing his stuff. A bit trancey. Probably an Ibiza tune ???? Its doin my head in............

9/10. Overall, the eipsode was very enjoyable, but I would have preferred the Fifth Gear awards over the whole stunt pilot vs. racing driver segments. It's getting old now.

spark plugs are really that expensive? The most expensive ones I ever bought in the states were 100k miles and cost 50 cents

Bit special for me as I got to see my home town!! (haven't been back for 6 years), Beverley, in Vicki's segment, and I recognized a lot of the roads they used, although it didn't make sense that they went from Hull, then over the Humber Bridge and then back into East Yorkshire?? They must have filmed the bridge bit earlier or later in the day and just stuck it together, and I'm sure everyone remembers the TopGear Rolls Royce review going over that same bridge with JC, which was epic and brought tears of nostalgia to my eyes!!

P.S. Anyone notice that the "Secret 5th gear HQ" is actually the very same testing grounds where TopGear used to be based?

I gave it a 10/10, forgetting the S-Class segment. Thinking it over again, I should have given it an 8 or 9. Does anyone else find American celebrities absurdly annoying on British television?

Other than that, great episode.

On a semi-related note, how is it possible for a helicopter to do that? :blink: