Votes: 64 14.8%

Votes: 31 7.2%

Votes: 12 2.8%

Votes: 3 0.7%

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
I really enjoyed this episode, particularly after last week's underwhelming start to the new series. Also it wasn't as obviously staged as last week's (and other challenges) even though we know they're setup; overall it was good fun and I'm looking forward to next week's. Great to see James with the Porsche...

A very good one. I was going for a 9/10 but I laughed so hard when they checked out of the "hotel", which deserves a 10.

The SIARPC segment was a bit more boring than usual though. Most of it I didn't understand, probably because I have never had any knowledge of British politics.

Overall I enjoyed it quite a lot and rank it almost as good as the BL challenge episode.

What I still can't get though is what was supposed to "fall out of James' luggage". I freeze-framed it for a while and still can't get the joke.

I think that would be Berlin TV tower, (did that just fall out of James' luggage ) .. Seemed very funny to me and then they may have also had a double meaning as it could be misrepresented as a sexual aid of some type !! :)

(imo)
The strong parts: James May and the porsche review,the first part of the 3 car special and (strangely because im usually not really bothered by it) the SIARPC (i think it was the interview part i found interesting? not really sure but i enjoyed it)

The not-so-strong parts: the last part of the 3 car special..( a bit forced or overacted was my impression)

overall i liked it..but thats not really any reasonable indicator beacuse i cant recall regretting watching any episode of TG..
-so- last week i think i voted an 8..based on that and the fact i think i liked this more i suppose i have to vote this episode a 9..
At this rate i will end up voting 11 or 12..i may have to be more critical in my approach to voting.. ;)

sense? i do no make it (i guess..)

Edit: and just because im not really sure if i ever got my head out of my arse to say "thank you" to the people who upload the episodes and run this forum i want to say..err..Thank You,everyone who put the effort into running this place: you do a very good job!

Last edited:
Wow. I can't believe how many glowing reviews this ep is getting. It had some funny parts, but was disappointing as a whole, especially that horrendous piece at the end where they were putting the scores on the board.

7/10.

Last edited:
Really great up until the scoreboard. They might as well have thrown random numbers on the board. Oh wait, they did.

Reactions: TC
James's review... AWESOME... :bow:

ditto .. Last series there was a few times they obviously had a few minutes left at the end and really didn't have a clue what to do.. Seems thats what's happened here again.. This wasn't as bad as some of those.

The Stig's German cousin... Wasn't him/her Sabine Schmitz? Although both Sabine and Tim Schrick have long hair. Great episode, 8/10 (if I skip the SIARPC part)

I'm rating it a 7 out of 10.

The Mercedes / BMW / Cosworth challenge: kinda fell down near the end with the scoring, mainly because of the randomness of some of the numbers and the Colditz thing was just silly (were they allowed to shoot interiors of that hotel?). Good way to hint to people that there'll be outtakes on the website, though.

News: that went all right, a little too dwelling on the Range Rover. (Perhaps they should get Wayne Rooney as the SIARPC. Speaking of which . . . )

SIARPC: frankly I think that fell very, very flat. Partly because Jeremy doesn't talk politics very well, partly because Campbell really didn't seem to know how to answer in a way that would hold an audience. I'll bet money that when Season 15 comes out on DVD, they'll cut this segment.

The Isetta: they were a bit overlong on the joke of James not getting out. Might have worked better if we'd seen footage of James trying to climb out the sunroof.

The Porsche review: sorry, but for doing the lap you really needed the presenter out there defending his review. The review itself was pretty good, though.

So, to sum up: the end of the cheap car segment didn't really work, and the SIARPC really fell flat. I'm expecting they'll do better next time.

Loved the episode - so much so that I can actually be bothered and write a small review for the first time ever. I might be biased though, having TG over here in Germany and making (deserved) fun of us is a special treat. I was hoping for something like that, although I kinda imagined they?d use the Autobahn for a longer race in some fancy new sportscar or whatever. Oh well.

Anyhow, as I said, I love the ep. The Porsche bit was nice, especially with James doing a review. More of that please. News were equally good, although that small model (aerodynamics dummy?) on the table irritated me. The challenge as a whole was very nice, I thoroughly enjoyed the guys wrestling the german language and also the colditz part. Classic TG. SIARPC wasn?t my cuppa tea though, I just don?t know the guy and thus it reduced itself to the penis-joke. The scoreboard-part was as dull as usual but that?s just me and my general loathing towards scoreboards on TG.

If the rest of the series carries on like that, I?m a very happy man. :)

Last edited:
I'm being generous this week and glossing over some of the boring stuff since a bit of it was funny. 10 for now.

I was actually expecting Sabine to somehow show up.

Still, I gave it an 8. The last bit of the scoring sequence felt a bit...blah. Same with the guest...I think they should have went more political to make it a tad more interesting.

I gave it a 7. The big trackfamilycar segment was a bit meh. Alright, but far from great. The SIARPC was terrible. It just wasn't light and happy, or even interesting. Of course they shouldn't have gone more political, that'd just be more uncomfortable still. It was simply not a good guest for this show. The car review though, was excellent. Truly great. I was surprised, actually; I didn't think James would do such a good review.

Great episode! As a whole, it felt far less staged as usual, I really enjoyed it. I loved James May's Porsche reviews, it was great seeing him on the track for once. Although it still bugs me that all the reviews are on the TG test track. It's boring! Another gray day on an old runway, it's no wonder they resort to Michael Bay cinematography to spice it up. The SIARPC was decent, but I didn't know the man, so it was a bit boring. The News was pretty good too, but I think they were overreacting about the Range Rover. They changed the headlamps and grill a bit, that's nothing, seriously.

The cheap car challenge. When the episode first started and they showed what each presenter bought, I really started to get worried. They almost always destroy everything they touch, I was really fearing for those cars, flawed as they were. I was oh so happy to see them survive, largely intact. The dogleg 1st gear was funny at first, but did get a bit old. But the best part was how real the challenge felt. There really wasn't a single occasion where I wanted to face-palm over something stupidly fake. It was a great cheap car challenge, right up until...
Really great up until the scoreboard. They might as well have thrown random numbers on the board. Oh wait, they did.
Yep. This was the first time we've seen the score board in quite a long time and it was used as a prop for more jokes. It was the same story last time we saw the score board, "Hammond, you get negative 10 thousand points for being a prat. And you James get negative 1 billion points because I hate your shirt."

Either way, I rate this one an 8/10.

Last edited:
As soon as he mentioned the dogleg gearbox, I wondered if Atlantian was watching. :lol:

I was actually expecting Sabine to somehow show up.

I'm putting virtual money on her being German Stig. :nod: That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anyhoo. This was more like the TG I remember and love. Also: Let's have more James on the track, please!

Reactions: TC
This week felt like it had so much potential at the beginning of the episode. Some of it was well done, but others just fell like it was thrown together.

It was really enjoyable to see James back on the track to do a review, although it felt like a everyday magazine review at times (0-60, top speed, listing facts), it was a very good review.

I thought the SIRPC segment had the most potential given Jeremy's interview with Stephen Ladyman, but maybe he held back by the censors.

Like many others have said, the track-family car segment feel right on its face with the scoreboard part at the end. I did find most of the previous parts very enjoyable though.

What I am having trouble understanding is why so many filler segments are included when they clearly have great footage elsewhere (ie economy run or james' volcano film from last week)

6/10