Votes: 55 14.4%

Votes: 24 6.3%

Votes: 9 2.3%

Votes: 5 1.3%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 2 0.5%

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
Very solid episode, 8/10 for me. The British sportscars challenge felt very emotional, similar to Jeremy's Aston film, felt like TG itself was ending.. well, yes, I know that there is another series already in the works. I found the jokes in the challenge quite funny as well, but Jeremy eating crips and messing around with airvents on James's F430 had me in stiches.

Just one thing, would anyone care to explain the anagrams on the numberplates to us non-British folk?

8/10, good episode. I teared up several times, firstly seeing that Land Rover in the Clunkers field (thoughts of starting the Clunkers Liberation Front crossed my mind :lol:), then laughing at Jezza's number plate anagram and his comment to Richard about "making it go further in the back", there was a good balance of genuine cocking about in that challenge.

Then at the end I felt a bit emotional when they visited the empty factory - so sad. Not the most upbeat end to the series, but overall I've really enjoyed it and can't wait for more.

It was a nice episode. An enjoyable review, an effortless news segment, a challenge refreshing in its seriousness (or lack of silliness should I say) and mild nostalgia. No complaints, really.

I enjoyed it very much!

Very solid episode, 8/10 for me. The British sportscars challenge felt very emotional, similar to Jeremy's Aston film, felt like TG itself was ending.. well, yes, I know that there is another series already in the works. I found the jokes in the challenge quite funny as well, but Jeremy eating crips and messing around with airvents on James's F430 had me in stiches.

Just one thing, would anyone care to explain the anagrams on the numberplates to us non-British folk?

yes, i failed to mention the ferrari thing with jezza in mays car, that was great. i wish they woud have had film of james getting into his car and fixing it after!

Changing around the letters in each plate reads LIAR for Richard, GOSH for James, and C#&T for Jeremy.

Many thanks good sir. +rep for you

Wow. TG does it again.

458. holy shit. NEVER seen jeremy that excited about a car before. acting or not, it left a hell of an impression.

Jef Goldblum is creepy. but it was still a good segment

Old british sports car challenge. Fantastic. the last bit was quite emotional for me.

10/10

Series 15 will go down in my mind as one of the greatest returns to form from a tv show ever. Series 14 was, for Top Gear, shit. But man oh man did they redeem themselves.

Series 15. 10/10 Right on up there with 7 and 10

Just found your post and thought that I agree with you on pretty much everything (well, Jeff was ok, just not really entertaining).

But. I reckon that Top Gear had been on a silly spree, with rare exceptions, from late series 8 right up to series 15. And now it's coming back, and in quite some style too!

Changing around the letters in each plate reads LIAR for Richard, GOSH for James, and C#&T for Jeremy.

Except they cheated on Richard's as the plate was L481RAR, so they used the number 1 for the 'I'.

39188_450527468627_684523627_6260270_6903982_n.jpg

Really good episide. 8/10 from me.

My opinion on the 458 was a bit reversed from Jeremy's. (Surprise.:rolleyes:) He thinks it's prettier, but I think it's merely striking and gorgeous, whereas James's 430 is by far prettier. Perhaps it's just semantics.

Glad they did the bit about the T-shirts on the news. Made me smile. :D

Jeff Goldblum was much less ass-clenchingly cringeworthy than I had feared. I always worry when they get an American on there, but his friendliness somewhat made up for his cluelessness. I expect now that they're getting Jonathan Ross's castoff guests, we'll have to expect more plugs for their work.

The British sports car bit was moving. I think we Americans love those old roadsters. Whenever you see a sweet little restored Triumph or MG on the roads here, it's always a head-turner. I wish I had the means to keep one myself.

"Don't ever say that to me again." = win. :lol:

A very solid 9 to end the series. The only part I didn't enjoy was the SIARPC, but I usually find that boring anyway so nothing lost there. I just have to penalize it slightly for the predicability of the 2nd part of the classic car film, though it didn't take away from the film overall.

It's a bit of a shame that they won't come back until January (alledgedly) because Top Gear has found its groove again.

Top Gear is beginning to rival Pixar in its ability to make grown ups get teary-eyed.

I've never really been a fan of the 458 but it did look very good in this episode.

Also, is it too early to pre-pre-order my "I didn't beat The Stig" t-shirt for next year? :p

Loved it.:)

The 458 review was tidy and concise, and Clarkson nomming on his Flake and adjusting all the air vents in James's 430 had me in fits. I do agree with Gullwing though - although from some angles the new car could take your breath away, the old 430 just has this aggressive archetypal look to it. If you asked me to sit down and draw a supercar it'd probably end up looking like that. In the end, as always, it was Clarkson's energy and enthusiasm that made the piece work.

News was excellent; laughed a lot at the t-shirt story! SIARPC wasn't amazing as the guest seemed a little awkward, but he was good company and they could do much worse than him.

My favourite part was definitely the British Classic Sports Car Challenge though. It's like the producer made a table and tried to balance the books between funny little gems (sabotaging the hatchbacks, Hammond's 'picnics' and the off-hand comments) and the serious informative segments (you could tell they had slipped into documentary mode when Clarkson and the others started doing pieces to camera on their own.) I love the camaraderie that the trio have when they're working together for a common goal, and this segment delivers that in spades. I was damn nervous when Clarkson drove under the lorry! All in all, it was a poignant, informative and entertaining look back at the demise of so many characteristic little car manufacturers that had more charm and personality than a huge flank of the modern car market.

9/10. Such a shame we have to wait 'til December for the Christmas special! Well done lads on a terrific season. =]

P.S: That new extra on the Top Gear website is definitely worth a watch. Very matey feel coming from all of them.

Confused

Confused

:? My Sky planner was saying that this was Episode 6/7, but there's nothing in their for next week. Was hoping for a road-trip episode/special or something... Any ideas?

Interesting episode. I think the saddest part to me was an airfield of perfectly serviceable cars about to be crushed as part of some Cash for Clunkers malarky. Hammond made the point about the waste of resources. Apparently we're about to get it here soon. Bloody ludicrous.

The British Sports Car film was quite nice once we actually visited the factories and the pathos was allowed to take over. The challenge element seemed so superfluous after that. I don't know why they didn't go the retrospective route from the beginning. There was also a human story there that they never told. Why not meet some of the factory workers? There was an Oscar nominated doco last year called Last Truck: Closing of a GM Plant that really hit the nail on the head. It was genuinely moving. And that was regular SUVs as the subject matter. Imagine what it would've been like talking to some of the Jensen and TVR workers.

Anyway, I think it was a merit worthy film but maybe an opportunity missed. Still rather watched TG than just anything else though.

Clarkson did that once with one of his old shows, and it was just a loads of Brummies whinging how the owners shafted them, they never really went into any details about what they did, or how they lovingly crafted the cars...

<_< Oh well, why bother with the resurrection of a car legend?

Instead, long drawn out whining about the British Motor Industry. The only people that care, are the ones that actually lost their job at one point. I'm not joking, the last 5 minutes or so, I was zoning out. Here's an idea for 16x01: Detroit, the city that once was. Ooooohhh, exciting.

Get over yourself. Yes, one car you didn't like was featured. Yes, you revel in being ignorant about history and being willfully ignorant about things like industrial collapse. Not everyone does.

Know what? People outside of Britain are interested in the motor industry and the reason it collapsed. People would be interested in the same thing about Detroit - your mocking description of an episode about the city is something which I would like to see a lot. Maybe give it to Richard in a Mustang, he likes American cars so it would work.

Apart from what who likes more in which motor industry, having a cheap car challenge where every car worked perfectly would be rather pointless.
Here's 10000 pounds, go buy a German mid-executive saloon. They'll end up with 5 year old 5-serieseseses, E-classes and A6s, nothing will go wrong with the cars, everyone will die of boredom.

And I have to say 458 on idle revs sounds like a diesel :eek:

That's exactly what I thought.
Also, I don't like the look of this car at all. It doesn't have any style, it looks too clinical somehow.
The Gallardo LP560-4 is so much prettier. Unfortunately the Gallardo is also a bit too expensive ;)

Jeff Goldblum was sort of funny, especially that he had no idea what different gears are for .. :)

I did enjoy the challenge because they tried to do something different this time. It wasn't very exciting but really watchable.

Overall a solid episode, I gave it a 7/10.

It?s hard coming back down from last week ... but this one was good. Not excellent, but good. The Ferrari review didn?t really do it for me though. Mainly because I disagree with Clarkson on the looks of the car and he kept repeating how good it looked and I kept repeating to the screen "you are wrong sunshine". And his criticism of the controls just made him look an old man complaining because he?s old and unflexible. And making someone elses car dirty then even got me a bit angry ... Asbo-Clarkson at work there ... it would have been funny if he?d just misadjusted the airvents ... and this from the man that says "flatulence, it?s not funny" - when clearly it is.

The News were good. Being a internet-nerd I knew the t-shirt pics ... but not bad at all.

The classic brit-sportscar bit ... mixed feelings. I like the tone they did it in. I liked that tone the whole series and I hope to see more of this in Series 16. This "take this serious and you are a fool" tone. A lot of the not so good stuff in some of the last series was due to the tone of the segments being to serious and not having this ;) about them. But the segment didn?t win me over totally. Especially the end (wich a lot of you seemed to love) didn?t do it for me. With all the ;) going on the whole time basically saying that these cars are all rubbish and the british car industry deserved what it had coming ... that emotional U-turn at the end just didn?t work. Fond Memories ... yes. But that was more glorification. I think a lot of people regard the continued Alfa-love of the boys the same way and just don?t get it. I get Alfas ... I don?t get small british sportscars ... and this bit didn?t win me over.

SIARPC ... a downer again. I like Jeff Goldblum the Actor ... I don?t like the Studioguest Jeff Goldblum so much...

Gave the episode a 7/10

Looking back at Series 15 as a whole, I think it?s been an improvement to S13, 12 and 14. Like I said, I like the unseriousness a lot of stuff got done with. I also like the way they didn?t edit everything out that wasn?t perfect. That all gave the Parts where the Boys are doing trips together (and some news bits) a much better feel than in the last series. They?ve given the show a bit of the "unplanned" feeling back that I missed so painfully for so long. It might sound paradox, but IMO the show is now better again because it?s not so "well made and planned" anymore (or at least it doesn?t come across that way).
Some seriously good episodes in the series. I consider 15x03 and 15x05 perhaps the best regular episodes since S12 with full points at 10/10. And then we got a 9/10, 8/10 and 7/10 IMO in the rest of the series, 15x04 being the only episode this series that I (probably) won?t rewatch (that much). So all in all and all things considered ... a very good series of TopGear. Well done and a thank you for all this superb entertainment to the crew and the presenters!

Last edited: