[16x01] January 23rd, 2011

[16x01] January 23rd, 2011

• Total voters
Overall I thought it was a pretty good episode. The weaker point was the Porsche vs Beetle, though I thought it started strong. The Atom and Yeti reviews were fun, I thought the editing on the Atom episode with the extra bit of mograph to have the divider lines move on their own was a nice touch. That and the starkness of the set with the first couple shots of the Atom.

I hadn't seen John Bishop do stand up before, I've caught some of his act on YouTube now. News was alright, episode as a whole felt nicely balanced.

Hey

I don't know why but I think this is one (if not the one) of the episode of top gear that I really enjoy the less... One of the worst top gear ever... I was almost bored, despite it has never be the case before with any other episode. Maybe something goes wrong with me but I really didn't like the tattoo thing. I don't like people doing that just for fun. I don't like top gear trying to be always more amazing than before. It's like they've just put an awful amount of money to be more and more spectacular but always with no point, otherwise it's not "top gear". I used to like that, but not in this episode. The magic wasn't there.

Except that, The Atom part was very good... I love needle being involved... it's so much fun and bring back some good memories....
And the news were hilarious, especially the fuel part... make me laugh for 5min non stop :)
I've never rate a TG so low. This is less than an average top gear, and I'm so sad to say that.
Hopefully this won't last.

Last edited: