[16x01] January 23rd, 2011

• Total voters

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Stay on topic!

Bonus points for anyone that spots me in the audience (not sure if I made it on TV or not).

Last edited:
May in a V8 Atom... hell yes. :cool:
Pink & purple stripey shirt. <_<
"Central locking?" :lol:
Yayyyyy Tiff back on TG!!!!!
"My face isn't as flabby as yours." :lol:
Baby Stig Demotivators.
Must be Tiff? Looks skinnier than old Stig?
No, Super Sport. :(
Girl over Dickys right shoulder. :p
"You spill your seed alone..."
I love the Yeti.
Stupid dog. :lol:
Cock satnav.
TG does Jackass. :blink:
Sienna Miller in the glovebox... I cried. :lol:
900 degrees? <_<
Helipad takes balls.
Ugh John Bishop.
A911 FWD???
Bettle heli-drag needs gif.

Top Celeb In Glovebox :lol:

I found this one more enjoyable than the two Specials. Certainly one of the more interesting vehicle tests with the Yeti. The News was hilarious.

Quite good, general Top Gear-iness. I want to see some shit new cars though, I miss those reviews. I hate it when everything is good.

Claims to fame:

-I have john bishop's trainers. They gave me blisters.
-My final year project tutor did the aero work on the beetle drop. They put his skills to good use.

Loved it. Feel thoroughly spoilt by three car reviews and a blindingly funny news. A very well edited news as well :lol:

Really enjoyed this episode. Loved Hammond's "Ape - Brain surgeon"...."Jeremy - Brain surgeon" Infantile humour is perfect sometimes. :)

Haven't seen the episode yet, but I had my eye on twitter this evening. A lot of people are really really upset about whatever it was they did to that poor Beetle..... ;-)

Personally, I think that was a pretty good, balanced show.

May in an Atom V8 was great and the awesome come back of "my face isn't as flabby as yours"

Stig growing up was fun. Tiff driving the Atom was amazing, but then I think trumped by the new Stig setting the lap record. That thing looks lairy as fuck!!! I reckon anyone less than a proper race car driver would stuff that thing in no time. Also, I understand the bespoke-ness of the whole thing, the engine, the gearbox, the magnesium bits, but ?150k? seriously too much.

"You spill your seed alone" - wet my self

And now, to the review a lot of people on here were already cringing at before it even aired. Yes, on the surface it appeared to be a pretty daft review, filled with pointless tests. But actually if you dig a little deeper it was pretty informative. The Yeti is roomy, the interior is built properly, the AC works, It can take a decent load and its not that bad when the road goes all muddy. drawing a penis with waypoints on the sat nav was hilarious (Drawing penis's is funny anytime. Period.), Sienna Miller in the glove box was properly funny. I like John Bishop and the jokes about Liverpudlians gets a vote from me.

Hammonds segment was pretty stupid and I am sick of looking at porshces but it was pretty fun to watch to see what the outcome was. Also..... MY UNIVERSITY GOT A MENTION!!! YES AERODYNAMICS EXPERT FROM LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY!!!! I wonder who it was, I'm going to find out tomorrow. I wonder if its my old Fluids/CFD lecturer, Henk.

Quite good, general Top Gear-iness. I want to see some shit new cars though, I miss those reviews. I hate it when everything is good.

Claims to fame:

-I have john bishop's trainers. They gave me blisters.
-My final year project tutor did the aero work on the beetle drop. They put his skills to good use.

You at L'boro mate? I cant remember... Aero/Auto or Wolfson? faff man, we should actually meet up. I'm back at the uni now doing a PhD!

I enjoyed the Atom review and strangely SIARPC. But the rest was pretty bad if I'm honest. The 911 race was totally pointless. The Yeti review could have been good, if it wasn't for the over the topness, I thought the Fiesta one was way better. This ep may be someone's cup of tea, but...bring on more episodes like the New York Special and less like this please.

Solid episode. Standard Top Gear-stuff. Lacking epicness. But hey, it's the first episode.

* The Atom smashing the board -> no surprise at 900 BHP/tonne.
* The News -> Yawn. 3 laughs. Why try to be serious at petrol prices?
* Yeti review -> Yawn. Jeremy is getting bad at jokes. Anyone missing the Vauxhall Astra in the firemen-test?
* John Bishop -> mildly entertaining. No chemistry with Jeremy. Nice lap though!
* Volkswagen drop -> Yes! Epicness!

Conclusion: 7.

. Also..... MY UNIVERSITY GOT A MENTION!!! YES AERODYNAMICS EXPERT FROM LOUGHBOROUGH UNIVERSITY!!!! I wonder who it was, I'm going to find out tomorrow. I wonder if its my old Fluids/CFD lecturer, Henk.

Nope, It was my lecturer. My mate said he got tickets after doing something for top gear :p. gutted :p (He also did the world cup ball, but we'll skip over that)

You at L'boro mate? I cant remember... Aero/Auto or Wolfson? faff man, we should actually meet up. I'm back at the uni now doing a PhD!

I was, I graduated in the summer. I was Auto, I'm guessing by 'Henk', you're mech eng. And doing a PhD? psch, Industry is where it's at :p

Last edited:
Ok episode, didn't really like it that much but I could barely hear the TV with others in the room with me chatting. I'd give it a 7. Will probably need to watch it again though.

I gave it a nine some parts weren't as good as other eg. the Porsche segment then again Hammond was trying to show that the evolution from Beetle to 911 is a long one and the changes are many but it still wont stop Clarkson taking the mickey, but all in all the show was a decent mix and some brilliant one liners thrown in as pointed out by others. :mrgreen:

The new stig seems a big oversteerey, but I guess there's no arguing with the times.

I voted it a 9 and it's well worth that. I was worried that Clarkson may mess up the Yeti review but he loves it and has said so in other reviews too. It's not a 10 because I'm bored of 911's

Nope, It was my lecturer. My mate said he got tickets after doing something for top gear :p. gutted :p (He also did the world cup ball, but we'll skip over that)

I was, I graduated in the summer. I was Auto, I'm guessing by 'Henk', you're mech eng. And doing a PhD? psch, Industry is where it's at :p

I worked for Alstom for a year..... 2 words. Fucking Boring. Quit, came back to do a PhD with Colin Garner in Mech Eng. THough we've spent nearly all the time sat outside Test Cell 2 sooting up diesel filters and regenerating them. My time in industry has definately told me that I aint gonna like manufacturing based jobs. So dull. I need to be researching/designing new stuff thats not been tried before, that way its got my interest. We should probably carry this on over PM so as not to upset people.

Did the end credit disappear, or was it my TV?

It disappeared on mine as well, which was very disappointing as I like to see Andy's name. *waits for abuse to be hurled at her* :lol: