Car(s)
Still a Hyundai...but this time an i30
Radio Times said:
Top Gear

Sunday 30 January
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2

2/6, series 16

The presenters square off against their Australian counterparts in an automotive version of the Ashes, with challenges including rallying, drifting and a double-decker car race. Jeremy Clarkson also test-drives the Ferrari 599 GTO, and another celebrity gets behind the wheel of the Reasonably Priced Car.

From http://www.radiotimes.com/ListingsS...51&jspLocation=/jsp/prog_details_fullpage.jsp

Be interesting to see what their interpretation of the Ashes challenge is.

its a bit irritating that they are playing the 'ashes' challenges again. surely they could have put a much better segment in instead

Well technically, this is the first time that the UK audience are seeing this challenge.

The humiliation. First the cricket and now the poms get to gloat over our piss poor Top Gear Team as well. :(

The humiliation. First the cricket and now the poms get to gloat over our piss poor Top Gear Team as well. :(

I quite liked the big guy. Thought he had potential.

Edit: No, GerFix, you big daft person. The big TG guy

Last edited:
Amie8 said:
I quite liked the big guy. Thought he had potential.
^ Who? Hilfenhaus? He hardly took a wicket all series. :dunno:
This made my day. :roflmao:

Anyway, here's hoping that we get to see the Ashes challenge from the other perspective, and not just exactly the same film again.

Any word on who the SIARPC is?

Is the Aussie-clip worth watching? From the looks of it, it's gonna take up a huge portion of next sunday's show ... :/

Is the Aussie-clip worth watching? From the looks of it, it's gonna take up a huge portion of next sunday's show ... :/
The Ashes special episode of TG Australia is worth watching, (if you haven't already) but I'm expecting this to be slightly different and edited down, with some more Clarkson input...

I hope :|.

The Ashes special episode of TG Australia is worth watching, (if you haven't already) but I'm expecting this to be slightly different and edited down, with some more Clarkson input...

I hope :|.

You wouldn't be saying that if you saw the full-length D-Motor version of the German challenge. Superior all around to the TG version, but, then again, it was more than double the length. That being said, the TG version gave us the Spitfire fly-over in full, so...

I guess they're going to be concentrating on the challenges for this, but it's still going to be 40 or so minutes edited down to about 15. It'll be interesting to see what they keep.

I've just watched the bit with the XJ220-"Van", brilliant :D
Hope the rest is able to keep up with this part.

Last edited:
I think they'll keep the van/ute challenge, maybe amplify the Aussie intro a bit. They'll also keep the double-decker car race, the drifting challenge (especially the down-under packed Stig), the sheepherding (they may edit out the sheep-answering calls of nature and emphasize Clarksons motorcycling ineptness more), and the final rally (the real question being whether they pick up that the Aussies weren't fooled one iota by Stiggy May).

They may or may not highlight the wildlife park and Isle of Man visits, and they probably won't show the jellied eel encounter (which is a webisode).

So is this a complete copy of the aussie's going across their country, or is it the brits showing their side of what they did while the aussies were playing in the outback?

Status
Not open for further replies.