17th December Race - ASClub/ FXR,FZR,XRR,FOX (2h Endurance)

andyhui01

Forum Addict
Car(s)
00' Subaru Forester GT
Track: Aston Club Racing Circuit
Car: FXO GTR, FZ5 GTR, XRT GTR, formula xr'

Code:
World Record as follows:
FOX - 1:01.13
FXR - 0:59.42
XRR - 0:59.31
FZR - 0:58.49

Since this race is going to be the last of the year, it is going to be slightly different. Me and pdanev discussed and decided we should have a 2hr Endurance Le mans style where we would decide who wins by number of laps.

Qualifying: 7 Minutes
Sprint: 10laps
Feature: Fixed 2 Hours Racing time

Setups and Replays on my site as usual
http://www.xenonzone.net

After 13 laps of practicing I'm down to 1:03.00. Great choice for a track. High speed corners in 6th and low speed corners in 2nd gear.

Oh yeah I'm taking the FZR. That car is so easy to control on this track.

andyhui01 said:
btw... I still don't seem to be able to take that high speed corner on full throttle :(

The first left and right corner after the start line?

I still have no idea how I'm going to play with mouse for 2hrs :lol:... my hands get tired after 10laps

What do you mean "le-mans" style? We start from the line, we don't take long brakes, we don't change drivers... It's who crosses the line first is the one who has done most laps. Also lap numbers aren't fixed in le-mans, time is fixed. So let's not complicate things and do it like we always did :)

EDIT: Yeah, I also must leave at 10pm GMT. This means we must start at lest at 7pm GMT. Sprint, Q, restarts, that's why 3 hours. It might not be even enough though. I'm usually starting server at 6pm, but we don't start racing until 7:30 ~ 8pm. So be in time please :)

MXM said:
What do you mean "le-mans" style? We start from the line, we don't take long brakes, we don't change drivers... It's who crosses the line first is the one who has done most laps. Also lap numbers aren't fixed in le-mans, time is fixed. So let's not complicate things and do it like we always did :)

it is based on time MXM... the lap number is an approximate number ;)

hmm... I didn't write that... the last time me and pete discussed, it was time based. Gna confirm with him, sorry for the confusion people

^ I changed that when I added sprint race, and madeyour post announcement.

When we talked about it, we agreed that it's better to make it fixed lap instead of 2 hours iirc, to have more action on the track.

Looks like I will be taking the FXR. :mrgreen:

AS club / FXR
Pos Racer ST BH TH CB CC Laptime
1 E-Z.BasTi C w 0:59.420
2 Flotch C w 0:59.450
3 pdanev C w 0:59.560

Why SO fast if we gonna do a 120 lap race? :unsure: :p
btw i'm in the 1:00 range
Edit: 1:00:07
before http://img472.imageshack.**/img472/1016/before7jr.jpg After http://img472.imageshack.**/img472/4688/after4bc.jpg
but still an 0.5 seconds behind Pdanev :twisted:

pdanev said:
When we talked about it, we agreed that it's better to make it fixed lap instead of 2 hours iirc, to have more action on the track.
Hmm? I don't really understand how making it fixed laps is going to increase action.
Anyway, sounds like a nice and different race :) I will have to see if I could join you this time.

geeman said:
pdanev said:
Hmm? I don't really understand how making it fixed laps is going to increase action.
Anyway, sounds like a nice and different race :) I will have to see if I could join you this time.

x2, I don't understand as well

andyhui01 said:
na... the back straight
That chicane style corner?? I take that in 5th gear.

Well, how are you gonna make it fixed-time in LFS? It doesn't really make ANY difference is it fixed laps or time in our races. Because whoever is at front - wins. All the others finish at same lap as the winner, so everyone's race last exactly the same. Fixed laps are just easier to manage.