17th December Race - ASClub/ FXR,FZR,XRR,FOX (2h Endurance)

I did the one hour race.

Once one hour rolled over, AI 1 finished since he crossed the line, then me, and then AI 2.

I came in third because I was 15 laps behind. Once the hour is over, you finish your lap and are done relative to the leader (I assume). So the leader has to finish first basically. It is just like a fixed lap race.

A perfect Le Mans style race, then... Next season can we have some sort of different classes races? LMP1, LMP2, GT... Ok ok, I'm awake now... :lol:

Forgot to mention. Down to 1:01 steady but after 21 laps I'll blow the right front out. Need to work on my brakes a bit and steering.

I did 21 laps on the rears using R2 tires. So R3s should really propel someone ;).

I've so far done all the camber testing on R2's... I can last about 10laps with R2's on avg about 1:02.

How many pits do you guys reckon you need?

The minimum you can do is 3 pits, cause after 42 laps I only had like 13% fuel left from a full tank, so I'll be doing 3 pits and no more

mrkrazzy said:
I did 42 laps on r3's, but i was only averaging a 1:04 time :(
R3's suck. :p
You can make R2:s last as long needed anyway and even then they have more grip.

I am thinking of doing just 2 pits, with 100 fuel I should be able to do 50 laps, but to play it safe I am going to pit a bit earlier...

its abit risky though... as far as I remember... making 50laps on 1 tank is abit risky... but doable

andyhui01 said:
its abit risky though... as far as I remember... making 50laps on 1 tank is abit risky... but doable
Yeah, that's why I said I am pitting a bit earlier. Should not be a problem.

Hmm. Maybe you misunderstood me. I meant I am going to do 2 pit stops. One at about 40min mark and second in about 80min mark. That makes about 40-50 laps with one tank. The fuel should not cause problems then because I can do about 50 laps max with full tank.

btw I am driving with XRR, it uses about 2% fuel per lap.

Just let you know. I started to host a server for this combo. It's running in dedicated mode, but it may lag or be off if I am downloading something or I am doing something else on my computer. You could try it out. If it's not working (when it clearly is on) let me know.

geeman's GTR+FOX @ AS Club
no password

I'm coming in dead last then. Tires are basically gone at lap 30. Which means 4 pit stops. So I'm last.

^ You didn't calculate well. :)
1st pit in lap 30
2nd in lap 60
3rd in lap 90
and that's it. No need for 4th pit. Race ends around lap 110-120 if all is correct.

mischief.... to save your tires, for this track, braking is the most crucial... this track is very demanding on tires... you brake from 5/6 gear down to 2nd twice in a lap and the lap is only about 1min... try applying less pressure when you brake, do no lock up and use very little engine braking i possible, engine braking usually gives you mini lockups

pdanev said:
^ You didn't calculate well. :)
1st pit in lap 30
2nd in lap 60
3rd in lap 90
and that's it. No need for 4th pit. Race ends around lap 110-120 if all is correct.

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

@andyhui01: Front tires are fine. It is the rears that are being eaten up. And I'm using R3s at the back.

I guess riding kerbs hard hurts the tyres, thinking mostly of that last huge kerb on the inside (left) at the last corner.. Do you guys mostly avoid it when doing an extended run like this?

I'm using R2's and they're heating up so so much. At least, the inside of the front left is. Need to tweak cambers from the setup i have i guess but that will mean sacrificing speed to spread the load more evenly, but the temps sit at 110 if im doing consistent 1:01's.. I can see myself having to make 5 or 6 stops o_O

The kerbs seem to eat away the inside wall of my front tires. So i'll probably try to avoid them in the feature race, specially if the walls start to get red/reddish.

I am now doing about 1:02s with my endurance setup and only front right tyre was more than 40% worn at lap 20 after my test run. I'll still have to do some tweaking and a longer test run.

I was thinking about going with 2 stops.
Yesterday I managed to do 47 laps on R2s with the FXR, but today I tried to drive a bit more aggressive (the way you automatically would in a race), and I blew the left front in lap 39. :(