[17x01] June 3rd, 2010

[17x01] June 3rd, 2010

• Total voters
Good ep, but a bit too short.

its still a little rough around the edges, but actually...... i like it.

the 30 min slot really makes the show easier to stomach....theyre a good crew, but theyre not like the TG crew who seem to be able to keep you captivated for a full hour. no ad breaks helps this of course, and now that there is only one in FG, it seems to flow a little better. it doesnt feel as drawn out, i felt they were spread a little thin on content with the hour slot shows and it became a bit of an effort to watch. condensed to 30 minutes it works a whole lot better. good effort.

The best compliment that can be paid to a show has been stated over and over again, and I'll repeat it: it was too short, I wanted more. Brilliant start folks! Keep it up.
I thought much the same. I'd never been a big fan of FG - never waited impatiently for the next episode as I once did with TG - but in this start to the series with good material, some clever camera work and crisp editing, I was sad to see the credits arrive so soon.

I don't know if I've ever rated a Fifth Gear episode on here, but I am rating one this time. This is one of the best episodes in a long time, with excellent car reviews, quality footage, and all the fluff cut out. It felt edgy, clean, and good. Also, Jason Plato gave a review that didn't make me feel like calling him Jason Potato, which surprised me as his reviews haven't been very enthusiastic or upbeat for awhile. It may be that he just actually enjoyed the Ferrari, but I hope that his reviews remain this good in the future.

They made one big mistake, on the Ford Focus RS... doesn't do 0-62mph in 7.3secs lol does it in 5.9 or 5.8sec... wrong already.

7/10 - It was such a huge relief to not see that jackass tim shaw on there. I think they could have easily made it a 45min episode without making it boring, ie the segments were too short. Example i know all the specs on the 3 hatches Tiff and Vikki were squealing about in, but what about the casual viewer? I doubt they would've. BUT the show was interesting. It's one of those episodes i could easily watch again without skipping thru parts of it.

Good: No Tim in it. Also good: Jason's segment. And his calm introductions of the other parts.

Bad: Jonny's segment: PLEASE, if you "test" cars, then do some tests that actually make sense! The "hyperhatch" also wasn't really good. And the error on the acceleration time of the Focus... reading the wrong material, of the Focus ST perhaps? ;)

With the new old timeframe of just 22 minutes, they don't have time to waste on pointless things. Which would be good, if they actually left them out.

I gotta say that this is the first episode of FG I've ever seen.

And it was cool, i mean, not as cool as TG, but it was ok to watch until the next season of TG starts.

I will download FG from now on. =) Nice.

7/10 - It was such a huge relief to not see that jackass tim shaw on there. I think they could have easily made it a 45min episode without making it boring, ie the segments were too short. Example i know all the specs on the 3 hatches Tiff and Vikki were squealing about in, but what about the casual viewer? I doubt they would've. BUT the show was interesting. It's one of those episodes i could easily watch again without skipping thru parts of it.

St Focus still does it in 6.8secs so again people will believe the Focus is one slow car. The show was better then before but still Vikki annoys the hell out of me.. she thinks shes funny but she is not just a slapped ass face :p

Too bad Tom Ford is not in there any more, he was good, along Johhny the best presenter, and I pretty much like all of them, except Tim Shaw, he had never fit inside :p
I even liked Jon Bentley :)

And this short format is disapointing, everything flys away too fast, it was much better when it was 45 minutes, they need some "spontaneous" conversation, which they definitely cant fit in here...

Too bad Tom Ford is not in there any more, he was good, along Johhny the best presenter, and I pretty much like all of them, except Tim Shaw, he had never fit inside :p
I even liked Jon Bentley :)

And this short format is disapointing, everything flys away too fast, it was much better when it was 45 minutes, they need some "spontaneous" conversation, which they definitely cant fit in here...

This episode was too short, the Ferrari 458 Italia test was too rushed, as well as the showdown between the Focus, the Scirocco and the Megane. Also, I can't quite understand how is it possible to spent almost 3 minutes jibbering about some text message contest in a show averaging the 22 minute length. So much precious time spent in something so useless.

Yes have to agree with you Pedrocas, to much time and i think money on the contest. Just leave it and don't bother with a contest...

... and their contest questions become more ridiculously easy with every season. The scheme is of course to get as many people as possible to call, but come on... (everyone should participate via postcard, it's probably no more expensive than the hotline and the money goes to Royal Mail instead :D)