[17x02] July 3rd, 2011

[17x02] July 3rd, 2011

• Total voters

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
No discussion of torrents, streams, downloads in this thread.

Edit: Poll is up.

Last edited:
Yay road trip!!!
Ugh Vantages <_<
Ugh That's not a Virage... Goes to get drink.
The stupidest car......... In the world.
It's the same interior apart from the Garmin.
James shirt.
You don't buy a fucking orange Aston.
Morgan gif.
I don't like that 'etype'
Ugh forced anal joke.
DS3 please.
"The magazine that sacked you?" "Yes" :lol:
Dicky you twat... not a hatchback and a garbage car.
I like that numberplate
"I like cats and dogs."
Mcdonalds near the finish line for ice.
"Did he make you pregnant? You work fast mate" :lol:
Girl over Ross's shoulder. I'd work fast there.
Great challenge.
James pulling girls. :cool:
Bernie? :lol:
Jezza driving god.
Aww no Kick ass :(

Last edited:
Don't know how you could complain about this ep...seriously good sunday evening entertainment. With some relevant (kinda) cars. 9/10. Just so the haters don't derp about flat rating.

i loved this episode, the bit where james was ontop of the wall made me laugh oh so hard. also the roadtrip was great :D really pleased with this season sofar! keep it up jeremy, richard, and james ;D

Excellent, Excellent Excellent.

Just Excellent.

The race around Monaco was one of the best edge of the seats things I've ever seen.

Nobody on TV makes anything as good as this.

Well, it was fantastic to see May on the track. They even had the great idea to let him loose outside it but it was sad to see him cut it short. Not so nice to see another Aston. And the car seems really forgettable, both here and in Jay Leno's review. I agree with James, it should be Aston's niche to not be the 911 and Ferrari, and be more soft and gentlemanly. But I guess they want to go in a more modern direction.

The idiotic play the did afterwards at the studio was jarring and completely unnecessary.

Sadly, missed the news and start of the road trip. But ever since I learned they were gonna do one in Italy again I was excited to see it. Italy always looks so perfect on TV, particularly on TG. Monaco looked like heaven. Had a massive boner for the superyachts and the parties there.

Did not know who the guest was. Felt pretty much like the energizer bunny type to ride a bike. Didn't have much in common with Jeremy and that showed throughout the interview.

During the racing bit, no background music during the first half was a nice touch.

Bernie was pretty funny. :D

The joke about Hammonds score went totally over my head, why did they make him score 0 on everything? Looked like Jezza was gonna beat him anyway. In the worst car.

Last edited:
Huge let down.

Last week's episode got my hopes up that TG had finally found their old self again, being magnificent AND witty, so I envisioned a fantastic series. This episode brought me back to the reality of useless nonsense, cringe worthy overdone "funnies" and being bored.

A 5, at best.

Simply brilliant, the growler jokes almost had me spitting crisps on to the monitor I laughed so much, the Aston clip I didn't catch all of it and will have to watch that again, the SIARPC I found funny as hell don't really know him after living in Germany for the last 20 years but he made me laugh and a fast lap to boot, the road trip was a pleasure to watch especially seeing the pleasure on Jezza, Hamsters and Captain Slows faces getting to drive around the Monte Carlo race course, for me a solid 9 and one of the best season starts for a long time.

The hot hatch segment was quite funny, although I would've preferred to have a more diverse choice of cars (why didn't they take a hot Golf instead of the Renault?).

Okay episode. The Virage review, news and Noble interview were very much average, although I really enjoyed the road trip film and the section in Monaco, so overall I'd give it an 8.

Looking forward to Vettel's appearance next week. Hopefully it stays dry and he'll have a good attempt at beating Barrichello's time.

Nice episode.

Aston review. James was ok. The cars weren't.
The news was fun to watch, nothing special.

Hot hatch trip was great. Quite original and funny.
:may:"I like cats and dogs..."
:jc:"You work fast mate."
:may:"Have you ever been to Hammersmith?"

And thanks for not playing music during the track action.

SIARPC was funny and good interview. He was properly fast though.

8/10 Only the road trip was really good.

Very good, never knew James had so much beef with sports cars. Hot hatch section was brilliant, not sure I actually like the cars much though. Ross Noble was great, I'm a fan of his and saw him live last year.

Very good, better than last week's. (Although I watched that one in post-holiday blues, so may have to rethink my vote!) The only thing that let it down for me was the 'what can we fit in the car' challenge got a bit too long and cringeworthy. The idea was good - it just went a bit wrong. 9/10 because of that. It might have just made a 10 if they'd done that bit better.

A bit NSFW - Growler. ? (The one they mean)

A mean, butch looking pussy. As friendly as a bulldog, and as much fun to kiss.

This is the Ying to last weeks Yang. I liked it none the less, good for its type of TG especially the Monaco GP circuits. NB What other show in the world could organise that? 9 from me.

Last edited:
They're getting better and making the humour fit the situation again rather than starting with the joke and building the episode around it. I loved the hot hatch film, especially the second part at Monaco, which had my heart racing and the rest of me turning a vivid shade of green with envy. I'm a sucker for a small, quick car, and I liked the balance of having fun with them and driving them hard; surely the whole point of a hot hatch (or a Fiat 500 Abarth ;) ).

I thought the studio segment after the Virage film was a bit overplayed, but Clarkson's baffled face is something I've always found inherently funny, so I'll let that go. James always has an interesting take on sports cars, and because he isn't all about the 'powwweeeeeeer', he tends to do something different. This wasn't an exception, and although I wouldn't want exactly that kind of treatment every week (it would get wearing if every review of cars that are supposed to be aspirational turned out to be relatively negative), it was fun to see other parts of Dunsfold, good to get an impression of what the car was like off track, and James managing to talk about the payoff between ride and handling that manufacturers seem to think exists without quoting the late LJK Setright. And as for the news, again, it seemed to be mostly about cars. I don't care if the jokes about the Growler were childish and silly, I nearly pissed myself laughing.

And I like Ross Noble and enjoyed his interview. Good bloke, good lap, and it's so good to see that they seem to have lost the plugginess that SIARPC has had a tendency towards in recent series.

I know it's early days yet, but I think they've taken on board the criticisms of recent series. The cocking about has been reeled in, the cartoonishness has been toned down a bit and the cars are front and centre. I'm happy.