[17x03] July 10th, 2011

[17x03] July 10th, 2011

• Total voters
Top Gear episode 17x3 was awesome! From the New Mclaren to Seb Vettel, this episode was packed, and the filming and editing was amazing even by Top gear standards! This gets a 10 from me, because it's everything Top Gear is and should be and it left me just wanting more!

I gave this one a 10/10. This was as proper a TopGear as TopGear can get. As per JC, this show was about cars, indeed, and it was awesome. Totally loved the McLaren film, and the Range Rover one was just as good. The used car segment was similar to 17x02 shootout, inasmuch that it was about cars, unlike the Hot-Hatch one however, it was quite informative and interesting as opposed to utterly stupid. Vettel seems like a nice kid, never seen him outside of F1 setting and was quite impressed with him, too. All in all, I really loved this episode.

TG at its best this season so far, enjoyed a lot the whole episode, particularly the fax machine vs 458 Italia and the used cars for the price of a Nissan Pixo segment 9/10

PS: something curious: i searched for cars here in Argentina -where i am from- for the price of the Pixo...the best i've found? A 2006 Volkswagen Vento -known as VW Jetta in the US-) a 2006 Alfa 156 and a 2008 Peugeot 207 CC :p

while the Pixo probably needs some authorized Nissan servicing in order not to forfeit any chances on warranty repairs.

In the UK ANY garage can service a new car, and, as long as they use genuine parts and the service book is stamped then the warranty is kept intact.

Last edited:
he-he! I'm so jealous...of more than just the Lotus this time! :)

Vettel! :wub: And he likes Python. And he still gives his cars silly names. <3 <3 <3 I *adore* Sebastian Vettel, but what on earth did he do to his hair?! Take the product out now. It looks like that scene from "There's Something About Mary." I would also like to run my fingers through it. That, too. Shaggy hair = <3.

Loved it! When watching in 720p, some of the McLaren-shots are absolutely amazing and they actually make the car look pretty good... hehe. One of my favorite episodes this seris, can't wait for season 18!!!

The people in the TopGear office must have watched Tron Legacy recently. They've used the OST music a lot in the segments.

I wish they would have done a different, maybe "funny" challenge as opposed to the lost horsepower thing though. Eight.