[17x04] July 17th, 2011

[17x04] July 17th, 2011

• Total voters
The big bang actually hates caravans, that's why they always catch fire. Scientific fact. It's in one of Richard Feynman's lectures on quantum electrodynamics.

Briliant as always, nothing on television comes close. Rowan Atkinson is one of my absolute heroes, he so seldom does any interviews so
this was a rare thing. Hopefuly Stephen Fry wil be on again and Tony Robinson and Hugh Laurie aswell.

Top Gear should do a special race in India, one of the presenters should be able to survive if I read the statistics correctly.
Violent diarreah for the last man "standing" I guess.

D

Last edited:
I enjoyed the Jag and the GT-R, I also liked the news. Skipped the guest as usual and I hated the train bit. Horrible, I hate it when they try to do "comedy" and that was no exception.

Tron and UNKLE soundtrack again?

The review of the cars was ok but kinda missmatched. If we stay in the snickers refference, the GTR is the latest and greatest running shoe but the jag is an Addidas Superstars, a lot more name and a lot more style, but not as fast on the track. and I've got a pair of both of em.
Train part was ok, but the "fight" was forced and badly acted and ofcourse the stupid fire bs... I dunno, you could just derail the damn thing and then run over with the proper train, why do we need a fire in a caravan, again?
Atkinson SIARPC, I was expecting a lot of man-car-love like we saw with the Jay Kay, but there wasnt that much of it.

C'mon guys! It hat Rowan Atkinson in it! How much more can you demand?
I'm as happy as i ever get with this program.
But yes, they have to learn that a script just doesn't do it for TG,
situation comedy is it's strong horse, but still - ROWAN ATKINSON!
11 out of 10.

THE FIRE!! :(

Apart from that, it was pretty good. I can certainly see why Rowan doesn't do many interviews!

I gave it a 7. I greatly enjoyed the guest and the Jag vs GTR, and the first bit of the railway thing... but I wish it hadn't started on fire. I know, it's a caravan thing, but still. I *did* like seeing the carnage of the other train plowing through the car though. I do like that they tried a different concept, despite the limited ability (as a previous poster said... there's forward and backward on a railway) to do things... I just wish they'd taken that concept and gone a bit further with it, perhaps an ounce more seriousness in the pound of silly.

I kind of want to buy a GT-R now though... >_<

C'mon guys! It hat Rowan Atkinson in it! How much more can you demand?
I'm as happy as i ever get with this program.
But yes, they have to learn that a script just doesn't do it for TG,
situation comedy is it's strong horse, but still - ROWAN ATKINSON!
11 out of 10.

Squirrel!

I loved the episode, especially the train challenge. Rowan was great, but...

It looks like James and Richard are wearing the same clothes they had on in episode 1 of this season. Only Jeremy looks to have changed. Wonder why?

Bag of chips appears: "oh right, so shortly the train will catch fire".

Rest of the show very good, the train bit was clearly not aimed at us!

I loved the episode, especially the train challenge. Rowan was great, but...

It looks like James and Richard are wearing the same clothes they had on in episode 1 of this season. Only Jeremy looks to have changed. Wonder why?

He's a gorilla, preumably he has similar B.O issues. :D

I did think they'd all had their hair cut this week but I might've noticed the same thing last week and forgotten, will have to check.

As soon as Hammond broke out the frozen chips.... You knew where this was headed. Predictable comedy isn't funny, it's no good when the punchline is beaten by it's own shockwave.

GTR launch control in the wet was absolutely monstrous!!!! And 9 litter V16 in the phant? Rolls dropped the ball there, those would of sold like no mans business. If you can afford a 250k car you can afford the V16 in the front too!

did anyone notice the 2 cute blondes behind jeremy in the news and the 1 cute blonde behind richard?

Everything that had something to do with cars was great, and it was great too to see Rowan Atkinson. But the train thing. I'm actually writing this when the train section is finishing, it's not worth of 100% concentration. As ever, Top Gear is great when you sense Clarksons, Mays and Hammonds enthusiasm to cars and it's funny when they have some not too scripted jokes. I hope the reactions to episode 17x03 were great enough to give the team something to think about when doing season 18.

So everything else 8/9, train thing 2/10 -> 5/10.

Car reviews - Great
Rowan Atkinson - Great
Train bit - Just awful, rubbish.

Well, overall was quite enjoyable, apart from some predictable fire, some predictable jokes, i had a d?j? vu in most of the caravan-train bit...but GT-R was great, Rowan was a brilliant guest, i didn't know about that V16 engine stuff, amazing. I would give it a 7 but for the SIARPC i'll give it an 8/10

Well, that was fun. 8/10

The train film was great and i totally expected them to catch fire or even get smashed by another train but they didnt...oh, wait...

Im kidding, anyways, great show this week. Guest was kinda boring IMO but that GTR is great. Im guessing they have made some changes to it recently? i knew two people that had one and they both hated them so im wondering.

The review was nice, but did not interested me.
The train-car-v12 was not my cup of tea.
News was funny though and so was Rowan.

Wasn't expecting much after Andy's and Jeremy's warning video, so I give it a nice 7/10.

http://img4.imageshack.**/img4/3599/atkinson1947987c.jpg

Any further arguments are invalid

That train idea isn't so bad. Good enough to make a short film about it, but not good enough to make it the main feature of an episode. As soon as they get to the point where it should end, they decide to continue and add a bit of fire and a crash. Comedy at its worst, in an episode where Rowan Atkinson is the guest. Sad. If they insist on making "cocking about" segments, they should keep them short. Kind of like Richard driving that Marauder around town, that was perfect.

Everything else was good, even the train thing, as long as you don't watch the second half of it. :(