[17x05] July 24th, 2011

[17x05] July 24th, 2011

• Total voters

Emarline

Car(s)
Crosstown buses
Wait a tick, that flying car has Massachusetts plates!
That's because, iirc, it was made by MIT. :p

This episode was great overall, but was let down a bit by the SIARPC and the end segment that felt like it was going on a bit. 8/10 from me.

namealreadyinuse

Car(s)
Chevy Pickup
9/10 from me for the mustaches alone. Add the rest of the Interceptor film and rampant destruction with military vehicles and I was in heaven. Also The News starring MWF, very cool.

pepitko

Car(s)
Audi A5, Ducati M796
I thought this was a great episode, 9/10 easily. We had some serious car bits, the Lotus formula and slightly more entertaining Interceptors movie, which was brilliant. The tanks part was good, the guys were enjoying themselves and it was definitely better than the Albanian film, which now served as the main idea. So good job guys, this wasn't one of those episodes to "annoy Finalgear" in my book.

Oh, and kudos to MWF, so epic!

Bad Bowtie

Interceptor- (see avatar) Badass. New it would have an LS motor before I even heard it. :lol:
SIARPC- meh
Lotus- Damn I need to be rich. Loved how he showed just how different a car like that is.
Demo-had potential, kind of delivered.

7/10, doesn't feel bad enough for a 6, but giving it a 7 seems odd. Oh well.

I liked the Jensen and Lotus parts, but the rest of it was just so so, so I gave it a 7. The Jensen looks like an uglier version of the Studebaker Avanti.

Last edited:

bahamut

Car(s)
Alfa Romeo 147
I watched the interceptors intro 50 times already. I've the music stuck in my head, I can't do nothing about it. The episode was just decent but that bit makes it astonishing. Funniest thing I've ever seen on tv.

gbzirm

I shall retrain my inner grammar Nazi MWF.

The Interceptor segment was one of my favourite segments - and they look great in the flesh. A sweeping Grand Tourer with presence, would not mind one myself. Studebaker Avanti indeed, pah.

The Avanti was a beautiful car but in no way looked anything like a Jensen Interceptor - see applicable Wheeler Dealer episode for what it looks like really - that rear window - wow.

SirEdward

Car(s)
VW Golf MkV
Very nice episode, even though the demolition bit was not that great (ok, part of it was)

interceptor bit - good
'70 tv series starting title - great!
News - good, and the MWF part was really fantastically unexpected. Well done MWF!
Lotus part - nice, but not great.
SIARPC - not so good
Demolition 1 - boring
Demolition 2 - nice

Total: I'd have liked more cars and less heavy equipment, but it's a clear 8

hehe, I don't know guys...

Interceptor

Avanti

Really, I love to have either one or both. I've never seen a Jensen in person though.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
I've seen both in the metal. And I have also been a huge fan of both for years.

I'd have one of each but since I always preferred the ragtop Avanti I could have the best of both worlds. That is to say both of them dripping oil on the garage floor and neither working. ;)

I've looking at pictures and I see there are a lot of differences now. Avanti was just my first impression because of the similar window configuration.

otispunkmeyer

Car(s)
'03 Skoda Superb (farewell :(), '06 Honda Civic ES
Well I laughed myself a six pack from that 70's cop show thing that they did. Thought that was absolutely hilarious. Its cocking about, but at least it seemed fresh.

Not as good as the 2nd and 3rd ones, but still epic.

Dr.Kamiya

Car(s)
2007 Impreza WRX, 2001 Explorer Sport Trac
I liked the Jensen and Lotus parts, but the rest of it was just so so, so I gave it a 7. The Studebaker Avanti looks like an uglier version of the Jensen.
FTFY

I can't believe anyone would prefer this:

to this:

S_I

They should have 3 specials this year, not two, and have one of em be a full episode of interceptor. It was nicely done without going over the top.

ahpadt

Forum Addict
DONOR
I'm gonna be very generous and give it a 5.

The F1 segment was pretty good but the rest was pretty... crap.

Dygear

Car(s)
1992 Ford Mustang LX
I think if the anoucer after they cut off the show said "And on that bomb shell.", and Jezza saying "Hey that's my line." would of made me lol.