[17x05] July 24th, 2011

[17x05] July 24th, 2011

• Total voters
<------ Is cracking up now. :lol:

Haha, well done MWF!

Thanks, Boss. Just gutted that you couldn't really tell I was proudly wearing my Scandinavian Flick shirt!

Spoilered for your protection, here is the MWF vs. Clarkson bit in its full glory. You will have to turn your volume up quite a lot, sadly. YouTube's audio reencoding failed.

In all honesty it just happened. Jezza got a car wrong and my OCD kicked in. It all happened before I really knew what was going on. :blush:

Well I suppose a new title is in order isn't it?

The episode was very solid, goes nicely with the rest of the series, Nice films, good quality, fun jokes. I like when the presenter's cars make it onto the show, I insist they should all do a "Your own car challenge" (Rolls vs. 600 doesn't count since Richard wasn't there)

9/10

Ok, so,by being a Top Gear presenter you get to:
-drive the best cars in the world
-race boats,planes,trains
-demolish houses by ramming tanks into them
-everybody in the world praises you(apart from piers morgan and greenpeace...and the Morris Marina owners'club)
Where could I apply for a Top Gear presenter position?

At the back of the longest queue............

.........in the world! :p

Love the cut-off ending... perhaps partly because my VLC player froze (had to kill it in Task Manager), making it all the more dramatic. BBC, how did you get in my computer?!? :blink:

I just loved it to bits. James is epic with a moustache, finding out that you can buy a tank for just 20 grand seems amazing, the Interceptor intro was fun and well, you can't really not like military stuff.

By the way, does anyone know where one is to submit 'bird dirt' pictures? I've got one that took me a while to dig out of their archives, perhaps they would like it for next week...

Edit: Never mind, found it.

Last edited:
That was just pure fun. I love this series so far. 8/10

+1 to MWF, great, i about died there!

Anyways, the demolition is classic TG, great one Andy!

Hey, do you know what else is Galant? MWF's mum in bed. /failattemptatbeinglikeMWF

Anyhow, I agree with gaasc about a new title. :D :p :whistle:

Your mum's a maribou stork! :p

I'm going to respond to that with a photoshop tomorrow.:p

Plus points: The new Jensen car and all the 70s detective tv show parody thing was fantastic, the lotus f1-like car bit was entertaining and the demolition bit...well, we guys love tanks hitting houses, it's on our DNA :lol:

Also enjoyed the Sopranos-like ending :p

Didn't like the news this time, i'm afraid (except for the Lancer-Galant thing), and after a few seconds i got bored and skipped the SIARPC, i'll see it later. Guess it'll be fair giving it an 8/10 this time

Last edited:
Got some very funny looks tonight by jumping up, pointing at the tv and yelling 'Mine Works Fine!'

Totally worth it.

The first part about the Interceptor - the review bit, I liked. I also liked the Lotus track car. That's pretty sweet. But the rest of the episode I honestly thought sucked. I don't care for this "entertainment over cars" crap. I want the older TG back - like when they're do the cheap car challenges and such. Those were fun.

I'm holding out hope that the TG USA ep. tonight will be better...else I'm gonna go watch some old series 5 or series 6 ep.'s. I need my TG fix for the week. :mad:

Last edited:
I liked pretty much the entire episode, except for the SIARPC. I know the producers don't have much control over that so i'm going to say 9/10. For a dude that's done as much as Bob Geldof, you'd have expected him to be much more interesting.

The Interceptor and Lotus reviews were classic TG (but better), the demolition stuff was fun and the news was fairly good. I also enjoyed the small meme of Jeremy TRYING to make the show go long just to cut into the Moto GP racing.

This was proper cocking about! The demolition bit was hilarious.
Good work MWF!
SIARPC was a bit boring, but everything else was either good or hilarious.
8/10