[17x05] July 24th, 2011

[17x05] July 24th, 2011

• Total voters
Wait a tick, that flying car has Massachusetts plates!

That's because, iirc, it was made by MIT. :p

This episode was great overall, but was let down a bit by the SIARPC and the end segment that felt like it was going on a bit. 8/10 from me.

I thought this was a great episode, 9/10 easily. We had some serious car bits, the Lotus formula and slightly more entertaining Interceptors movie, which was brilliant. The tanks part was good, the guys were enjoying themselves and it was definitely better than the Albanian film, which now served as the main idea. So good job guys, this wasn't one of those episodes to "annoy Finalgear" in my book.

Oh, and kudos to MWF, so epic!

Interceptor- (see avatar) Badass. New it would have an LS motor before I even heard it. :lol:
SIARPC- meh
Lotus- Damn I need to be rich. Loved how he showed just how different a car like that is.
Demo-had potential, kind of delivered.

7/10, doesn't feel bad enough for a 6, but giving it a 7 seems odd. Oh well.

9/10

Fuck me that guest was awful. skipped it after about 20 seconds

rest was most awesome

I liked the Jensen and Lotus parts, but the rest of it was just so so, so I gave it a 7. The Jensen looks like an uglier version of the Studebaker Avanti.

Last edited:
I watched the interceptors intro 50 times already. I've the music stuck in my head, I can't do nothing about it. The episode was just decent but that bit makes it astonishing. Funniest thing I've ever seen on tv.

I liked the Jensen and Lotus parts, but the rest of it was just so so, so I gave it a 7. The Jensen looks like an uglier version of the Studebaker Avanti.

:shakefist: Oh no you di'nt!

I shall retrain my inner grammar Nazi MWF.

The Interceptor segment was one of my favourite segments - and they look great in the flesh. A sweeping Grand Tourer with presence, would not mind one myself. Studebaker Avanti indeed, pah.

The Avanti was a beautiful car but in no way looked anything like a Jensen Interceptor - see applicable Wheeler Dealer episode for what it looks like really - that rear window - wow.

Very nice episode, even though the demolition bit was not that great (ok, part of it was)

interceptor bit - good
'70 tv series starting title - great!
News - good, and the MWF part was really fantastically unexpected. Well done MWF!
Lotus part - nice, but not great.
SIARPC - not so good
Demolition 1 - boring
Demolition 2 - nice

Total: I'd have liked more cars and less heavy equipment, but it's a clear 8

hehe, I don't know guys...

Interceptor
jensen-side.jpg

Avanti
studebaker-31.jpg

Really, I love to have either one or both. I've never seen a Jensen in person though.

I've seen both in the metal. And I have also been a huge fan of both for years.

I'd have one of each but since I always preferred the ragtop Avanti I could have the best of both worlds. That is to say both of them dripping oil on the garage floor and neither working. ;)

I've looking at pictures and I see there are a lot of differences now. Avanti was just my first impression because of the similar window configuration.

Well I laughed myself a six pack from that 70's cop show thing that they did. Thought that was absolutely hilarious. Its cocking about, but at least it seemed fresh.

Not as good as the 2nd and 3rd ones, but still epic.

I liked the Jensen and Lotus parts, but the rest of it was just so so, so I gave it a 7. The Studebaker Avanti looks like an uglier version of the Jensen.
FTFY

I can't believe anyone would prefer this:

2uzSE.jpg

to this:

f6ucf.jpg

They should have 3 specials this year, not two, and have one of em be a full episode of interceptor. It was nicely done without going over the top.

I'm gonna be very generous and give it a 5.

The F1 segment was pretty good but the rest was pretty... crap.

I'm gonna be very generous and give it a 5.

The F1 segment was pretty good but the rest was pretty... crap.

Yeah thanks dude! :p

I think if the anoucer after they cut off the show said "And on that bomb shell.", and Jezza saying "Hey that's my line." would of made me lol.